Serious Michigan question | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Serious Michigan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What a great idea. You can't consistently sell out a 40,000 seat stadium and your position is "we don't need or want new UConn fans". We're good with the 280 loyal fans we have.
What he meant to say is fans like you. Sort of along the same lines of: With friends like you, who needs enemies?

You are not a fan...yet.

Reaction Score
What he meant to say is fans like you. Sort of along the same lines of: With friends like you, who needs enemies?

You are not a fan...yet.

No, not yet, but I was trying. I figured I would eventually say some things that might alienate some people, but I have to say that I never expected to see the support there would be for leaving the games early. And the funny thing is that only one person has stated that they never leave early.

Reaction Score
No, not yet, but I was trying. I figured I would eventually say some things that might alienate some people, but I have to say that I never expected to see the support there would be for leaving the games early. And the funny thing is that only one person has stated that they never leave early.
No one is supporting leaving games early. We are defending your insane notion that it doesn't happen elsewhere and that it is the reason why UConn is not in a P5.

Did you watch the Giants game Sunday night? Are the New York Football Giants not big time? Maybe the NFL will relegate them to the CFL because that stadium emptied out by the end of the third.

Husky25

Reaction Score

I don't think anyone supports it per se, but as I've said on this and in other threads, attendance does not equate to degree of fandom. There are a number of factors that go into it, not the least of which is are you entertained? I very rarely leave a game early, and when the past regime was here, there was at least a sense going into the 4th quarter that a back would break out on a nice run, or the defense would come up with a turnover. That has rarely occurred over the past 26 games. That is what the media and the "coaching" staff don't understand. It has not been only one or two games. This has been the MO approaching 30 games and 3 full seasons now. Very rarely do I leave a game early, and I never leave until the game is in hand. but I can understand why people do under the current regime.

BTW, it happens all over the place, including the aforementioned Michigan and Ohio State. You also may recall the Miami Heat fans who left early last spring before Walter Ray hit the game winning 3 pointer...

Reaction Score
No one is supporting leaving games early. We are defending your insane notion that it doesn't happen elsewhere and that it is the reason why UConn is not in a P5.

Did you watch the Giants game Sunday night? Are the New York Football Giants not big time? Maybe the NFL will relegate them to the CFL because that stadium emptied out by the end of the third.

Yes, the Giants are big time, and they are professionals, and I don't care if their fans leave early. But if you're trying to recruit players, and build loyalty in the players you have, leaving early is not the way to do it. I know no one here thinks it has anything to do with joining a conference, but I know Nebraska takes a lot of pride in their fan base, and that is why Pelini was so upset with the fans leaving early, he wasn't used to it. And it certainly sounds like no one here has a problem with leaving early. (except Mr. Conehead).

Reaction Score
BTW, it happens all over the place, including the aforementioned Michigan and Ohio State. You also may recall the Miami Heat fans who left early last spring before Walter Ray hit the game winning 3 pointer...[/quote]

I have never heard anyone say that the Miami Heat have good fans. In fact, they use that video as an example of how bad their fans are.

Reaction Score
Yes, the Giants are big time, and they are professionals, and I don't care if their fans leave early. But if you're trying to recruit players, and build loyalty in the players you have, leaving early is not the way to do it. I know no one here thinks it has anything to do with joining a conference, but I know Nebraska takes a lot of pride in their fan base, and that is why Pelini was so upset with the fans leaving early, he wasn't used to it. And it certainly sounds like no one here has a problem with leaving early. (except Mr. Conehead).
The point is obvious to everyone but you. If it happens at a program like Nebraska, where the product is infinite times better than what we have seen thus far during the PP era, why would you expect UConn to be any different? You can b and moan about it all you like, but it is not going to change it. You are posting on a forum made up of the most dedicated UConn fans. I never left early until the Towson game. If the AD isn't listening to letters, if the media won't take our calls during the coach's show, and if the product continues to decline, maybe walking out of the stadium is one of the only ways to get our voices heard.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I have never heard anyone say that the Miami Heat have good fans. In fact, they use that video as an example of how bad their fans are.

You've missed the point. There is no use in explaining it any further.

Reaction Score
The point is obvious to everyone but you. If it happens at a program like Nebraska, where the product is infinite times better than what we have seen thus far during the PP era, why would you expect UConn to be any different? You can b and moan about it all you like, but it is not going to change it. You are posting on a forum made up of the most dedicated UConn fans. I never left early until the Towson game. If the AD isn't listening to letters, if the media won't take our calls during the coach's show, and if the product continues to decline, maybe walking out of the stadium is one of the only ways to get our voices heard.

I'm sure the players heard you loud and clear. I'm not sure about the AD.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If the AD isn't listening to letters, if the media won't take our calls during the coach's show, and if the product continues to decline, maybe walking out of the stadium is one of the only ways to get our voices heard.

If the Powers-that-be are as financially short sighted as some believe them to be, this is not likely. They already have your ticket money. The only ones sad to see the stadium empty is Global Spectrum.

Reaction Score
That's when you have to get the alumni groups and booster clubs involved. whichever group contributes the most will have the greatest impact. First things first. Are you sure there is sufficient support to dump the head coach. If so, has any candidate given any indication hat they want to go to UConn.

Reaction Score
UConn is two thirds of the way into the largest fund raising campaign in the history of the school. There will never be a better time to organize the fan base to do what you want done. Some one needs to step up to do it, or not. But if you don't do it now, you're passing on your best opportunity.

Husky25

Reaction Score
At the risk of evoking a Jim Calhoun moment that I'd like to forget: Get some facts!!!

Yahoo (as opposed to Google) Robert Burton Pasqualoni. The man's name is affixed to the training complex, and I'm not referring to "Coach" Pasqualoni. You tell me if there is support to relieve the "Coach" from his current responsibilities from THE booster.

Reaction Score
At the risk of evoking a Jim Calhoun moment that I'd like to forget: Get some facts!!!

Yahoo (as opposed to Google) Robert Burton Pasqualoni. The man's name is affixed to the training complex, and I'm not referring to "Coach" Pasqualoni. You tell me if there is support to relieve the "Coach" from his current responsibilities from THE booster.

If this guy contributes as much or more than the 230,000 alumni then you're screwed. If not, the voice of 230,000 disgruntled fans should have some pull.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If this guy contributes as much or more than the 230,000 alumni then you're screwed. If not, the voice of 230,000 disgruntled fans should have some pull.

I don't understand what you are talking about. Robert Burton is one of the largest boosters of UConn. He and many of the football fans (at least 1/6 of the alumni, by a rough calc.) are on the same page. How does that spell being screwed?

It's really difficult have a conversation/debate with people who don't know what they're talking about. Therefore I will stop. It's not worth my time...

Reaction Score
I don't understand what you are talking about. Robert Burton is one of the largest boosters of UConn. He and many of the football fans (at least 1/6 of the alumni, by a rough calc.) are on the same page. How does that spell being screwed?

It's really difficult have a conversation/debate with people who don't know what they're talking about. Therefore I will stop. It's not worth my time...

Sorry, I thought you were saying that their top booster was a PP supporter. My point ws that there are 230,000 UConn alumni out thre which should trump a single supporter, no matter how much he gives the school. If the top supporter doesn't like PP, dumping him shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom