September non-UConn recruiting thread | The Boneyard

September non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Recently visited Syracuse. Visited Tennessee already. Is scheduled to visit LSU in coming weeks with Rosario. Not sure on Miami/Florida St visit time frames.

Yay for LSU, though I was hoping that Rutgers would have made the cut also.

Reaction Score
Velez is a straight up DOG!! I like her a lot! I think it’s either Tennessee or LSU (and maybe she plays with Del Rosario?…)

Reaction Score
The 2025 class in Oklahoma is amazing. Fully 20% of the Hoopgurlz top 25 are from Oklahoma - just nuts. Smart of Lofton to claim her spot now. Very nice get for the Sooners.

Reaction Score
Velez is a straight up DOG!! I like her a lot! I think it’s either Tennessee or LSU (and maybe she plays with Del Rosario?…)
Yes, Velez is the reason why I fear SCar losing out in Del Rosario. They are tight. We’ll see if they are a package

Reaction Score
Yes, Velez is the reason why I fear SCar losing out in Del Rosario. They are tight. We’ll see if they are a package
Yeah. I figured with Watkins-they really don’t need Del Rosario. I do think they’ll be a package deal. I think if Tennessee gets both, they’ll be in good standing for years to come.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Funny how often fans assume recruits are package deals and it turns out not to be accurate. Maybe this time it will be true but neither Velez nor Del Rosario has said they're a package deal.

Reaction Score
Funny how often fans assume recruits are package deals and it turns out not to be accurate. Maybe this time it will be true but neither Velez nor Del Rosario has said they're a package deal.
I’ve often seen players mention they would like to play with other players in social media or an interview and fans run with it. However, even if that was their original intent, more often than not players realize they need to do what is best for them individually. The implication with package deals is that both players are going to immediately play a prominent role and that is often not going to be the case.

Reaction Score
Don't think they are a package deal, they have different finalist lists (except LSU and Tennessee) but I wouldn't be shocked if they played college ball together either.

Would not be surprised to see Velez at Syracuse tbh

I hope LSU can land her because they need a PG. Williams is a shooting guard/wing

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't think they are a package deal, they have different finalist lists (except LSU and Tennessee) but I wouldn't be shocked if they played college ball together either.

Goooooo Cuse!!

Reaction Score
Yeah. I figured with Watkins-they really don’t need Del Rosario. I do think they’ll be a package deal. I think if Tennessee gets both, they’ll be in good standing for years to come.
Watkins is a strong forward / not a post. We need a post. We’ve offered 5 for 2024.

Reaction Score
The 5 bigs I mentioned are:
Blanca Thomas
Kennedy Ume
Kate Koval
Adhel Tac
Ella Hobbs (SF)
And maybe Sarah Strong. No confirmation on that.

Of course, Joyce Edwards is a big too - but not a post. Justice Carleton too. Perhaps I should move Hobbs down in this grouping as well.

More at guard and wing. This is the most offers. Dawn has made in a while. The big 2019 class will start leaving after this year.

Ooh. Wow. Who has SC offered in 2024?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’ve often seen players mention they would like to play with other players in social media or an interview and fans run with it. However, even if that was their original intent, more often than not players realize they need to do what is best for them individually. The implication with package deals is that both players are going to immediately play a prominent role and that is often not going to be the case.
If the go to Tennessee they will , all the talent that team will lose will definitely allow both prospects to be impact players as freshmen . Horston , Key , Jackson , all could be gone after this season .

Reaction Score

I hope LSU can land her because they need a PG. Williams is a shooting guard/wing
Hard to imagine Velez and Flaugee playing together with all the swag those two carry . Williams will be the #1 option but those other 2 could cause fireworks together IMO. If they possibly can land both Velez & ADR that would be a tough LSU squad in the future.

Reaction Score
Hard to imagine Velez and Flaugee playing together with all the swag those two carry . Williams will be the #1 option but those other 2 could cause fireworks together IMO. If they possibly can land both Velez & ADR that would be a tough LSU squad in the future.
Velez and Flaujae are actually really good friends but thats two giant personalities which could potentially be problematic but it doesnt have to be. Flaujae much more engaged on the offensive end while Velez thrives as a facilitator and defender. Very different players but highly competitive and intense.

ADR is tight to the lips with everything. Not sure anyone really knows what she is thinking but she has visited NC, SC and Tennessee this summer.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
The 2025 class in Oklahoma is amazing. Fully 20% of the Hoopgurlz top 25 are from Oklahoma - just nuts. Smart of Lofton to claim her spot now. Very nice get for the Sooners.
When a recruit commits this early to an in-state program who hasn't had a lot of recent post-season success, it's typically because they want to play at their dream school and/or in front of family; nothing wrong with that.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Kymora Johnson (#30 2023) will be announcing her commitment on Sept 11. Offers from Baylor, Maryland, Virginia, WV, UNC, Ohio St, Ole Miss, Oregon, Miami, VT, and more

Has visited Virginia and Baylor, not sure of any other visits

According to her twitter posts, she made unofficial visits to Georgia Tech and Georgia in June.

Reaction Score

Kymora Johnson (#30 2023) will be announcing her commitment on Sept 11. Offers from Baylor, Maryland, Virginia, WV, UNC, Ohio St, Ole Miss, Oregon, Miami, VT, and more

Has visited Virginia and Baylor, not sure of any other visits

Saw she just started following a Virginia staff member and one of their 247 sports writers. Would be an amazing grab for Virginia if they pull it off. They already have a pledge from Olivia McGhee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom