September non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

September non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How does this level of recruit compare to the Vanderbilt recruiting classes in recent history?
White actually signed some very good players, but she was an awful coach. Players didn’t develop, she couldn’t keep any of her teams healthy and players were constantly in and out of that program

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Shea Ralph is a much better coach than Stephanie White. And need I point out that her current recruiting class is better than McCray's.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Seriously? ND rolling out Regional Championship trophies for Olson Visit? She looks so uncomfortable-can't really blame her.
Olson.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Paulina Paris who de-committed from Penn State this past summer has released her official visits list.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Olivia Olson has a great smile and that's not it. Looks more like this:
View attachment 69705

Glad you're able perceive that, Coco. I'll send you pix from my son's upcoming nuptials to see who was truly enjoying themselves or just putting on the selfie smile! :rolleyes: ;)

On another note: I remember having discussions on this board not all that many years ago on whether prospects who were taking OV's were right and tight to have pix taken in unforms (we Irish have never forgotten the infamous Westbrook/Walker pic that ended 0-2.)

Now, unofficial visits are garnering the uniform shots, the ACC trophies....Is Digger Phelps sitting off camera cracking jokes? (maybe that's why Olivia is looking a bit ehh?).

Well, apparently Olivia has now gone to Iowa, the two Michigans and ND. Any more midwest stops?

Lastly, we'd love to have two Olivia's on our roster and yet another player whose name ends in "a" or "ia." It's kind of amazing how many there are....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Glad you're able perceive that, Coco. I'll send you pix from my son's upcoming nuptials to see who was truly enjoying themselves or just putting on the selfie smile! :rolleyes: ;)

On another note: I remember having discussions on this board not all that many years ago on whether prospects who were taking OV's were right and tight to have pix taken in unforms (we Irish have never forgotten the infamous Westbrook/Walker pic that ended 0-2.)

Now, unofficial visits are garnering the uniform shots, the ACC trophies....Is Digger Phelps sitting off camera cracking jokes? (maybe that's why Olivia is looking a bit ehh?).

Well, apparently Olivia has now gone to Iowa, the two Michigans and ND. Any more midwest stops?

Lastly, we'd love to have two Olivia's on our roster and yet another player whose name ends in "a" or "ia." It's kind of amazing how many there are....
Yea @Charliebball post was just referencing that discussion and the practice of having recruits put on the uniform during visits-which I've never understood. Personally I don't think the Irish need another Olivia-that might get to confusing for an Irish Catholic school. Needless to say I like Olson a lot. Her visits to Iowa, the two Michigans and ND is kind of interesting because she is only now starting her Sophomore HS year. Good luck with your son's upcoming nuptials.

Reaction Score
I realize those are just unofficial visits...but what are they selling at USC? Absolute mediocrity for about a quarter century, can't understand how they get any top recruits to consider them. It must be the 800 dedicated fans that show up to their home games. :rolleyes:
Well SC (that’s what we call it in Cali) has a very strong after college network. Also top notch education and school pride. Some of these kids are aware that they need something more than just basketball for later in life. How dare you talk down about our might Trojans! Fight on!!!!!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well SC (that’s what we call it in Cali) has a very strong after college network. Also top notch education and school pride. Some of these kids are aware that they need something more than just basketball for later in life. How dare you talk down about our might Trojans! Fight on!!!!!
Okay, but the lack of fan support is really a big minus for the Trojans. There's no way to spin that. Only other conference team in the same ballpark is WSU.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Yea @Charliebball post was just referencing that discussion and the practice of having recruits put on the uniform during visits-which I've never understood. Personally I don't think the Irish need another Olivia-that might get to confusing for an Irish Catholic school. Needless to say I like Olson a lot. Her visits to Iowa, the two Michigans and ND is kind of interesting because she is only now starting her Sophomore HS year. Good luck with your son's upcoming nuptials.

Been some interesting input on the Bench about her:
  • While she's 6'1", she's pretty adept outside the paint, as well as inside. A few Benchers thought this was somewhat similar to Sonia Citron, another tall winger who started on a U16 USA team. One thought is that Olivia is a bit more aggressive offensively at this stage of her career than Sonia. But I agree with a point you made earlier: Citron's innate ability to be around the ball is key to all aspects of her game.
  • She attends Benilde-St. Margaret's High School in St Louis Park, Minnesota. A number of Benchers have pointed out that's a consistent feeder program into Notre Dame.
  • That's the good news. The bad news: Both Caitlin Clark and Payton Verhulst went to similar "feeder" high schools and we've seen how that worked out (Father Jeff?). ;) :rolleyes:

The early travel schedule is interesting. Maybe she's got a lot of schools that interest her and she wants to star winnowing them down? Or parents have points at certain hotel chains? The only other 2024 that I've heard of mutual interest in from ND/prospect is Chloe Spreen, the Indiana "S" guard not named Shade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom