September 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures | Page 16 | The Boneyard

September 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
92-75 final. This game was all about Cambage and Wilson. Combined 49 points on 20-29 from the floor. Mystics had no answer for them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My eyes are bleeding. Sun-Sparks are a combined 4-18 from the floor midway thru Q1. I don't think I can stomach watching this crapfest.

Reaction Score
Recipe for disaster for Washington to allow the Aces to score 90 points a game this series. If the Aces continues to play defense like they did today they can absolutely come back and win it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is it too late to replace Chelsea Gray with Jasmine Thomas on the Olympic team?

What a way for LA to go out, getting blown out at home and swept by the Sun after many picked them to advance to the finals. Did Parker get injured or did coach just bench her? Box score says she's only played 11 minutes.

Reaction Score
LA needs to figure out their roster. Brown and Vadeeva can both be starters in this league within a few years, but they were buried on the bench. TRP is not a WNBA starter for any other team in the league. Their backcourt is not very good either. Maybe trade Brown or Vadeeva and get a good SF and a decent backup guard.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vadeeva decides to not come back to the W. It appears that LA is going to be Chiney's final team. She could very well quit the W and continue with her ESPN career. So I think LA is definitely stuck with the Ogwumike's and Parker.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I quit watching early in Q1. Unbelievable how bad LA was in this series. Nneka the only player that showed up. Parker's on again off again routine is par for the course, but who would've expected Gray to be this bad 3 games in a row? Time to blow up the team and start over?

Box scores don't tell you everything, but looks like pretty much Jasmine Thomas and Courtney Williams won this game, Sun didn't get much else from anybody else. Some bench players chipped in but the other 3 starters didn't produce much. Well now Connecticut gets to rest for a while. Mystics don't look as unbeatable as I thought thru most of the season. Maybe this will but the Sun's year rather than the Mystics'.

Reaction Score
Totally forgot that Connecticut gets LA's first round pick next year.

Reaction Score
The winner of the Aces-Mystics will win the W finals. Those are far and away the two best teams..

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Look for her to bounce back in a big way in game 2. Is it a case of Duke on Duke violence?

source.gif

I think I should retire from making WNBA predictions until 2031 :oops: Im sorry Chelsea and the Sparks

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The winner of the Aces-Mystics will win the W finals. Those are far and away the two best teams..
The best team does not always win it all.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Really bad showing by the Sparks this series....I thought this board would be jumping all over the fact that Parker was benched the vast majority of the game. She sat the entire final 15:54. No idea what Fisher's game plan was for tonight though...he straight up gave up on his players:

Parker-only played 11 minutes, sat almost the entire 2nd half without any health issues
Gray-sat her the entire 4th quarter
Nneka-sat her the entire last 6:50

It was a strange season for LA this year...they never seemed settled in between Parker's injury, Riquna William's suspension and assault charges, their overabundance of posts, Beard missing most of the year and randomly picking up Chiney when they really had no use for her.

LA looked outstanding at times and just awful at other points. Connecticut badly outplayed them this series and deserves to play for the title.

A quick side note, but I also low key love that Connecticut crushed Chiney's team after she left them high and dry. I'm not a fan at all of players demanding trades or threatening to sit out when it badly screws over their former team (saw it with Charles, Camage, EDD, Fowles and now Ogwumike). Had to feel good for Sun fans to see their team improve without her, then soundly sweep her new team en route to the finals.

bballnut90

Reaction Score

Not at all. Did you watch the Sun today or any of their series? They're outstanding. They won season series against both the Aces and Mystics, too.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Side note--based on Parker getting benched and her general body language on the bench today, I will be surprised if she plays for Fisher next season. Guessing her overall struggles were in part due to coaching change, and getting benched to finish the year isn't going to sit well with her. Plus when you factor in that LA has SO many posts, including some promising young ones in Vadeeva/Brown and the Ogwumike's being a packaged deal, one of them has to go since they badly need help on the wing and Parker might be the right choice.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Side note--based on Parker getting benched and her general body language on the bench today, I will be surprised if she plays for Fisher next season. Guessing her overall struggles were in part due to coaching change, and getting benched to finish the year isn't going to sit well with her. Plus when you factor in that LA has SO many posts, including some promising young ones in Vadeeva/Brown and the Ogwumike's being a packaged deal, one of them has to go since they badly need help on the wing and Parker might be the right choice.

bballnut90

Reaction Score

Honestly more than anything it seems like there is a major disconnect between Fisher and his players. He flat out gave up on his team today and they just looked uninspired. I questioned his coaching at the beginning of the season and I think this series and overall poor play by the Sparks has as much to do with him as it has to do with any individual players.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dear Candace: You scored 3 points and grabbed 1 rebound in 26 minutes in game 2 on Thursday. Care to explain that? Instead of complaining about your minutes this game.

Reaction Score
I quit watching early in Q1. Unbelievable how bad LA was in this series. Nneka the only player that showed up. Parker's on again off again routine is par for the course, but who would've expected Gray to be this bad 3 games in a row? Time to blow up the team and start over?

Box scores don't tell you everything, but looks like pretty much Jasmine Thomas and Courtney Williams won this game, Sun didn't get much else from anybody else. Some bench players chipped in but the other 3 starters didn't produce much. Well now Connecticut gets to rest for a while. Mystics don't look as unbeatable as I thought thru most of the season. Maybe this will but the Sun's year rather than the Mystics'.
The CT defense won the game for the most part.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Honestly more than anything it seems like there is a major disconnect between Fisher and his players. He flat out gave up on his team today and they just looked uninspired. I questioned his coaching at the beginning of the season and I think this series and overall poor play by the Sparks has as much to do with him as it has to do with any individual players.

Is this the same coach that the players were going gaga over. How he sacrificed for his team, poured his heart out to his team about his troubles with the Knicks, how he traveled coach with his players etc.??

Now it is blame the coach time. The loss is squarely on the uninspired play of the players. Candice heads the list but the list is long (except Nneka). I think a lot of it was that Gray was a shell of herself and that rattled the team's psyche.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom