September 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures | Page 19 | The Boneyard

September 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great game and series. Meeseman was fantastic. I never thought McBride and Wilson would have such sub-par games.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Wilson deciding to be a no-show tonight may have cost them the series. She is way, way too good for 4 points and 6 rebounds in an elimination game.

She and Cambage still don't mesh together well. They want the same spaces on the floor.

Wilson and McBride were subpar but Hamby and Tamera Young stepped up big to compensate.

It's awfully hard to beat Washington when EDD and Meesseman play like they did.

Reaction Score
Wilson deciding to be a no-show tonight may have cost them the series. She is way, way too good for 4 points and 6 rebounds in an elimination game.

She’s only in her second year.. even the best players have off games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Also Natasha Cloud started doing pushups after the game and the announcers said that has something to do with what Cambage said earlier. Can someone explain that? :confused::confused::confused:

Reaction Score
Please translate for the clueless please. :confused: :confused: :confused:

She shouldn’t have anything to say at all considering her team was by far the worst team in the league after making the playoffs last year. I like Brittney but she definitely should’ve sat this one out...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She shouldn’t have anything to say at all considering her team was by far the worst team in the league after making the playoffs last year. I like Brittney but she definitely should’ve sat this one out...

Ok. Slowly learning that the twitter account is Brittany Sykes. What did she say that was so inflammatory? Still confused

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Ok. Slowly learning that the twitter account is Brittany Sykes. What did she say that was so inflammatory? Still confused

She was referring to Cambage crying postgame after all her trash talk.

Like any bully Cambage is real tough right up until she doesn't get her way.

Personally, I don't see why the Dream being trash would disqualify Sykes from making that point.

If it does, though, I am sure there are some Sky players who would be happy to say the same thing.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She was referring to Cambage crying postgame after all her trash talk.

Like any bully Cambage is real tough right up until she doesn't get her way.

Personally, I don't see why the Dream being trash would disqualify Sykes from making that point.

If it does, though, I am sure there are some Sky players who would be happy to say the same thing.

Thanks. Much appreciated. So I am guessing Cambage must have complained about the officiating after the game. Did she throw in a " I do not know why I play in the WNBA. It is not worth it when the ref's let the big posts get mauled" :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I gotta give some props to Plum at least 1 more time. After struggling during the regular season she was great in the playoffs. Averaged about 15 points and 8 assists while shooting around 50% overall and from behind the 3 point arc. I really hope she can carry some of that over into the regular season next year. I also really hope Laimbeer realizes he has his PG, and she wears #10.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I gotta give some props to Plum at least 1 more time. After struggling during the regular season she was great in the playoffs. Averaged about 15 points and 8 assists while shooting around 50% overall and from behind the 3 point arc. I really hope she can carry some of that over into the regular season next year. I also really hope Laimbeer realizes he has his PG, and she wears #10.

Played all 40 minutes. Very important player for her team. She played a good game tonight but came back to earth a bit I thought from the last game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I realize you're officially Plum's torch-carrier, but Laimbeer didn't mishandle her. Sometimes a starter who's consistently struggling needs to be moved to a sixth man role in order to regather some momentum. Sometimes coming in off the bench actually relieves the pressure on a slumping player. And that's exactly what happened. As her play improved, so did her minutes. He actually handled this well IMO.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Played all 40 minutes. Very important player for her team. She played a good game tonight but came back to earth a bit I thought from the last game.

I think Washington must have approached it differently on the defensive side. She scored more in game 4 than 3 but she didn't tear them apart on the drive and dish the same way this game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I realize you're officially Plum's torch-carrier, but Laimbeer didn't mishandle her. Sometimes a starter who's consistently struggling needs to be moved to a sixth man role in order to regather some momentum. Sometimes coming in off the bench actually relieves the pressure on a slumping player. And that's exactly what happened. As her play improved, so did her minutes. He actually handled this well IMO.

The benching at the end of the regular season might've provided some motivation that led to better play. The bigger issue is that she really wasn't playing the PG most of the season. She was the point throughout the playoffs, and I think the results speak for themselves.

It's kind of weird that Jackie Young was running the point all year, then she essentially got banished to the bench during the post season. She still started every game I think, but played very limited minutes. Was the whole season an experiment that was deemed not successful ultimately?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The benching at the end of the regular season might've provided some motivation that led to better play. The bigger issue is that she really wasn't playing the PG most of the season. She was the point throughout the playoffs, and I think the results speak for themselves.

It's kind of weird that Jackie Young was running the point all year, then she essentially got banished to the bench during the post season. She still started every game I think, but played very limited minutes. Was the whole season an experiment that was deemed not successful ultimately?

The Young experiment led them to a 21-13 record and she had a 3:1 A/TO ratio. I'd call that successful. Plum played great to finish the year after a dreadful regular season. Happy to see she finished strong and hope she can play more consistently next year.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Vegas's best players tonight
their go to players are better and they play better defense when their locked in. The Aces are the only team left that can beat Washington. IYKYK ITYDK.

2 of the Aces stars tonight that you mentioned combined for 3-14 shooting and 12 points in a win or go home game. I have a feeling that the Suns big 4 will perform better than the Aces big 3 did this series.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The Young experiment led them to a 21-13 record and she had a 3:1 A/TO ratio. I'd call that successful. Plum played great to finish the year after a dreadful regular season. Happy to see she finished strong and hope she can play more consistently next year.

Young can definitely dish the rock. I think she can be a valuable player for them moving forward. Needs to improve her shooting obviously.

I may be completely biased, but it looked to me like Laimbeer lost confidence in Plum several times during the regular season.

Playoffs roll around, he INSTANTLY lost confidence in Young (pulled her 4 minutes into the game and she never played the rest of the way against Chicago; averaged 12 mpg during the playoffs) and was all in with Plum. That to me isn't really gonna help the team moving forward. I realize 2 years ago he wasn't the coach when the team was still in San Antonio. I think Plum and Jefferson more or less platooned as the PG. Last year Plum seemed to clearly have the job and did reasonably well. Now it's fairly unsettled about who the team's PG is. At some point players need to know what their role is with a team.

Reaction Score
Vegas's best players tonight

2 of the Aces stars tonight that you mentioned combined for 3-14 shooting and 12 points in a win or go home game. I have a feeling that the Suns big 4 will perform better than the Aces big 3 did this series.

Well nice to see you respond when the game is over. I still stand by my opinion that the Aces star players are better now, and definitely will be in the future. Off games are common especially for young players and teams. If Connecticut doesn’t win the finals this year they never will. They have the experience factor and that sometimes trumps talent. The Aces has the brightest future of all the teams though, especially if Cambage returns. They’ll also have room to get better bench players this off season. They're just getting started IMO.

But I digress, The Sun and The Mystics deserves to be in the finals so good luck to them both.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Thanks. Much appreciated. So I am guessing Cambage must have complained about the officiating after the game. Did she throw in a " I do not know why I play in the WNBA. It is not worth it when the ref's let the big posts get mauled" :rolleyes:
So far this is all I've seen out of her in terms of postgame comments:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plum played great to finish the year after a dreadful regular season.

Sorry, but if Plum had a dreadful regular season then what would you call J. Young's season? One is a rookie compared to a third year player but look at the stats.

Plum 8.6 ppg .365 FG .357 3 PT FG
Young 6.6 ppg .322 FG .318 3 PT FG

If one is dreadful, the other is even worse than dreadful. Let's be honest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom