Sept 1 practice has started | The Boneyard

Sept 1 practice has started

Reaction Score
Four freshmen looking good ....

UConn Women.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I bet they’re all glad to be back on campus, and rekindling the relationships they forged last year. I’m certainly glad the school year has begun. That video clip could have been a little longer also.

Reaction Score
The one in the dark-colored T-shirt clearly doesn't fit in to this group. Moreover, she is obviously too short to be competitive in D1 basketball.
And too good to play in college basketball ...;)

Reaction Score
The one in the dark-colored T-shirt clearly doesn't fit in to this group. Moreover, she is obviously too short to be competitive in D1 basketball.
She needs to be more etc etc etc etc……

Reaction Score
Don't believe practice has started yet as it would be an NCAA violation. Think the rule is the first practice can't happen any earlier than 42 days from the first regular season game unless they've changed that.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Somebody had to hold the camera/phone.
Well you don't need two people to hold a camera. Both CW and Dorka were missing from this video.
I'm not as worried about CW but I'd feel better knowing Dorka was at least back on campus given she a foreign student and this COVID thing spiking.

Reaction Score
Somebody had to hold the camera/phone.
It is possible to mount a phone to a tripod, and this video is too steady to be handheld. It may also be an actual camera.

Reaction Score
Don't believe practice has started yet as it would be an NCAA violation. Think the rule is the first practice can't happen any earlier than 42 days from the first regular season game unless they've changed that.

It's not official practice, but I believe they have a certain amount of hours that they can. My daughter is a grad assistant at a D1 school. And the team is practicing. It's just a limited time.

Reaction Score
They have so many hours a week that they can get together as a team. It's not many, but they can practice.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well you don't need two people to hold a camera. Both CW and Dorka were missing from this video.
I'm not as worried about CW but I'd feel better knowing Dorka was at least back on campus given she a foreign student and this COVID thing spiking.
As recently as Tuesday, Dorka posted UConn schedule updates for UCLA & Louisville on her Twitter account. So while we don’t know where Dorka is, it certainly appears that Dorka knows when & where the games are……

Reaction Score
They have so many hours a week that they can get together as a team. It's not many, but they can practice.
They can play pick up games like they do in the summer. No coaches allowed until the season starts.

Reaction Score
They can play pick up games like they do in the summer. No coaches allowed until the season starts.

A few items from NCAA bylaws relative to practice and related activities:

1. Official practices can begin 42 days before the first game - but only five days per week. A few non-practice activities are allowable before then (see #'s 2 and 3 below), but most normal practice activities are not allowed at all (see #4).

2. "Team conditioning or physical-fitness activities supervised by coaching staff members may be conducted on or off court but shall not begin prior to the beginning of the institution's academic year."

3. "Outside of the playing season, from the institution's first day of classes of the academic year, only a student-athlete's participation in required weight training, conditioning and skill-related instruction shall be permitted. A student-athlete's participation in such activity shall be limited to a maximum of eight hours per week with not more than four hours per week spent on skill-related workouts."

4. "Prior to the start of on-court preseason basketball practice (i.e. the practices that begin 42 days before the first game), members of the institution's coaching staff may not be involved with one or more team members at any location in any of the following activities: (a) Setting up offensive or defensive alignments; (b) Chalk talks; (c) Discussions of game strategy; (d) Reviewing game films or videotapes; (e) Activities using basketball equipment; or (f) Observing student-athletes in any basketball activities even if such activities are not arranged by the institution's coach." (Note: certain activities enumerated in #2 and #3 are permissible.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom