Sept 1 practice has started | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sept 1 practice has started

Reaction Score
We will be long, but let's see how big & mean.
From what I've seen of Dorka (Youtube OSU games) she can play in the low post, but was also called on to shoot.
I' have stopped expecting Liv to sit in the lane and work the glass. She gets a number of rebounds, but seems to be more effective passing inside from the high post on offense & getting back quick on D.
Haven't seen enough from Piath to have made any kind of informed opinion.
Likewise, Amari will probably see limited minutes, at least in the first few games. Barring the un-forseen and unthinkable.
We KNOW what Ayleah and Aubrey can do down low.
Interested to see how Saylor and Caroline are used and when.
Against both Tennessee & Baylor last year, Geno had some difficulty countering some height disadvantages without sacrificing quickness.
Nika, at 5'10", will be the mosquito on defense again (if she stays healthy).

Reaction Score
Unless my arithmetic is faulty (always a possibility) full practice should begin Sunday 3 October.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Uconn is gonna score alot of points this season from the guard and wing positions. Lets face it. Most bigs are not Stewie or Tina down low. SC will want to get their bigs scoring and imo against top teams they will need to depend more on their guards. Stanford has the bigs to and a couple that can score from spots other then under the basket. That bodes well imo. The womens game is a game that will need to score from 10 ft out. Most bigs dont have the mobility to score at a high rate underneath against other bigs. Stewie and Tina could but most others havent been able to again against bigs their own size. A big that can defend and rebound is what is needed. Score 10-12 and grab 8-10 rbds and block a few shots while staying out of foul trouble. I thought Tara did a good job balancing her team with height and some good scorers. SC will need production and leadership especially leadership from their guards. UConn has leadership from their guards. Liv and Dorka will have to make an impact rebounding and finishing underneath. Edwards will be counted on to do what she did at the end of last season and by getting better everyday. Its gonna be a close top 3 with UConn SC and Stanford. All 3 teams have the ingredients to win it all. The one thing that stands out for me is UConn has Paige and Azzi both generational players and both thrive on pressure and big games. Its gonna be a great season.

Reaction Score
Really excited for basketball to start back up! Really looking forward to seeing these young ladies blend their talents, their chemistry, and Their Will To Win in order to win a National Title and make the enter Women's College Basketball community start the debate again over "Is UConn Women's Basketball Hurting the Women's Game?" SMDH

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom