Senior Night, Feb 16 | The Boneyard

Senior Night, Feb 16

Reaction Score
It's like I know the time has come but I don't want to actually process it all.

Reaction Score
Why isn’t it on February 28th? It has always been on the last home game in Gampel.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Why isn’t it on February 28th? It has always been on the last home game in Gampel.
Guessing that since the game on the 28th is a theme night, and perhaps a Friday night is easier for parents that are attending?

Reaction Score
I am hoping that two out of those four do not participate in senior night activities for the obvious reasons. I know it is not conclusive, as with Dorka, who did senior night twice and probably didn't know at the time whether she was coming back or not, but if say Paige and or Aubrey have decided to return, not participating on the 16th would be a statement to that effect.

On the other hand if they do participate I wouldn't be surprised if a chant broke out in the crowd that was something like "one more year".

In any event these celebrations are always special and a great tradition.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I am hoping that two out of those four do not participate in senior night activities for the obvious reasons. I know it is not conclusive, as with Dorka, who did senior night twice and probably didn't know at the time whether she was coming back or not, but if say Paige and or Aubrey have decided to return, not participating on the 16th would be a statement to that effect.

On the other hand if they do participate I wouldn't be surprised if a chant broke out in the crowd that was something like "one more year".

In any event these celebrations are always special and a great tradition.
I'm guessing they will all participate, as three of them came to UConn together, and for some, next year is an uncertainty from a decision standpoint (maybe?).

Kleenex on standby ...

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Hope this is appropriate: A while back Temery dropped by the women's board and
'suggested' to us that we assume all players with elilgibility left will in fact come back.
I assume this was to try to eliminate all posts about who might be leaving.
Basically he was saying that until they tell us they are going....we should think they
are staying.

The 4 in the picture all have at least one more year of eligibility...some have more than one.
We are still busy recruiting from 2024....throw in poking around the portal....max number
of scholarships etc....we have an interesting few months coming up.

Possible correction: Nika has another year....right or wrong?

Reaction Score

My assumption was that they chose the night so that Aubrey’s dad and brother could attend. Unfortunately her dad lost his job and she was hurt after the night was chosen but it still allows her brother to attend because it’s the NBA All Star break.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And how is that a benefit again????
A benefit?? As the years fly by you're getting closer and closer to you-know-what. I want time to slow down to a glacier speed, except when I'm sitting in a dentist chair.
Yeah, I guess "benefit" is not the correct thing to say.
It just seems to me that time seems to go by quicker nowadays, except for the UConn WBB off season.
Sorry for the swerve, let's get back to the OP.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I expect to see the 4 players in the photo celebrated at the game. That does not mean they they will necessarily leave. Recall that Geno told Dorka that she got only 1 Senior Night. I believe she got 2, the first with her teammates, the second with her parents.

If Paige is recognized for her NPOY freshman year, she will have her jersey hung. Or maybe not.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I expect to see the 4 players in the photo celebrated at the game. That does not mean they they will necessarily leave. Recall that Geno told Dorka that she got only 1 Senior Night. I believe she got 2, the first with her teammates, the second with her parents.

If Paige is recognized for her NPOY freshman year, she will have her jersey hung. Or maybe not.
Maybe Paige will participate, but ask Geno not to unveil he jersey until at least next year. That way she can take the walk with her teammates and still have the choice of coming back.

Reaction Score
Meg and Alan just said senior night ceremony will be held after the game Friday. Interesting.

Reaction Score
Meg and Alan just said senior night ceremony will be held after the game Friday. Interesting.
Well that is different, and of course leads to even more speculation as to why. It could mean nothing, or something pretty significant. Only a day's wait to see. Regardless of whatever decisions are made, I am glad the Covid year options are coming to an end after this year. The uncertainty has made it difficult on the players, coaches, and potential recruits when the number of available roster spots is so hard to determine.

We of course have had the red-shirt issue for years, but three relatively recent things have increased the uncertainty for many teams. The Covid year, eliminating the one year wait for transfers, and NIL now encouraging players to move for financial reasons, have all had a major impact.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom