Senator Murphy’s Legislation on College Athletes | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Senator Murphy’s Legislation on College Athletes

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Quite honestly I have not paid attention to Ollie's situation. At my company we get law suits all the time for wrongful termination and all it does is allow a bunch of lawyers to continue to be unproductive members of society. My experience is the clearer (black and white) the policies the easier it is to terminate. Policy: Don't smoke weed: Me: Got it-that's not my thing anyway. [ ]
Or in this case...
Policy: Don't cheat, and if you don't lie about it to the NCAA and the school.
UConn: You did? You're fired.
NCAA: You did, you can't coach for three years.
Kevin: I did, and I am suing you for $11M.
CL82: [shrugs]

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So in effect the only way to be fair as there is wide disagreement is to end college athletics. In any given situation there are inherent inequities, in one way or another. There is no bottom line way that everyone is treated equitably, it just is impossible. the solution is ???
I believe the NCAA and their member institutions can devise a fair and equitable solution, where players are able to earn a few $$, and it will not destroy college sports as we know it.

There were similar concerns about the Olympics and the entire concept of amateurism back in 1986 when professionals were first permitted to compete. Low and behold, 35 years later the Olympic Games are as strong as ever.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I believe the NCAA and their member institutions can devise a fair and equitable solution, where players are able to earn a few $$, and it will not destroy college sports as we know it.

There were similar concerns about the Olympics and the entire concept of amateurism back in 1986 when professionals were first permitted to compete. Low and behold, 35 years later the Olympic Games are as strong as ever.
Yes, however the armature or what was supposed to be armature idea was undone because of what Russia and other countries called their team members who were never armatures. I don't trust the NCAA they look out themselves first.

Reaction Score
Yesterday, Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut along with Congresswoman Lori Trahan of MA submitted a bill in Congress titled the College Athlete Economic Freedom Act that would permit college athletes to profit off their “name, image or likeness.”

Murphy stated, “It’s time for us to stop denying the right of college athletes to make money off their talents.” The fact that a CT Senator introduced this legislation is interesting considering that one of the likely beneficiaries will undoubtedly be UConn’s Paige Bueckers. I figure it’s just a matter of time before Geno asks Paige to start picking up the checks on UConn road trips.

:rolleyes:Does he understand what the boosters in the SEC or ACC will do with this? He is a complete idiot.

Reaction Score
It’s true in all sports, don’t be naive. In football those kids will get 100’s of thousands, if not a million. In WBB they will get 10’s of thousand each year. UConn will be killed. Murphy is a complete dope.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom