Selection Sunday | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Selection Sunday

Reaction Score
Seth Greenburg doesn't like us. "Alabama easiest draw"
The next time Greenburg gives an intelligent opinion will be the first time. Also check out his "career" coaching stats. Tick-tack-toe must be like three-dimensional chess for that idiot.

Reaction Score
Rece Davis on ESPN's Bracketology show...at least twice he's mentioned UConn being "three time national champs" ?

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
People are really downplaying the fact that only two teams in our bracket (Michigan and Michigan State) ever really perform in March and both of them have to win 3 games to meet us. Maryland will be difficult but they are 11-13 this year against power conference schools so there's at least a 50% chance the bad Maryland shows up.

Reaction Score
For me, 2011 Sir Charles has to go on the Mount Rushmore of anti-UConn talking head incompetence. He not only picked against us in every single game, he did so vehemently. I can't remember abusing my television with that many F-bombs and single-finger salutes before or since.
Wally Szczerbiak on CBSSN, Final Four picks Gonzaga, Baylor, Oklahoma State and Connecticut.
It's really not fair- dude has GQ looks and is clearly brilliant.

Reaction Score
For me, 2011 Sir Charles has to go on the Mount Rushmore of anti-UConn talking head incompetence. He not only picked against us in every single game, he did so vehemently. I can't remember abusing my television with that many F-bombs and single-finger salutes before or since.

It's really not fair- dude has GQ looks and is clearly brilliant.

2011 Gotlieb picked against us in every game. 2014 I believe it was Chuck? Could be wrong

Reaction Score
2011 Gotlieb picked against us in every game. 2014 I believe it was Chuck? Could be wrong
Yeah, I remember that- Gottlieb is another prime candidate to put up there. But I'll never forget Barkley:

Reaction Score
Yeah, I remember that- Gottlieb is another prime candidate to put up there. But I'll never forget Barkley:

Wonder who Gottlieb is getting coffee for these days???

Reaction Score
Baylor
Houston
Illinois

I like the right side of the Bracket. Just don't think the Zags are all that this year. If Bama is for real they could reach the Final from the other side. Hoping they aren't because we could make a run if we're healthy and get past them.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I watched Bama today and man they were hitting the 3s and rebounded well against LSU. I think they are beatable but have to get by Maryland first

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I didn't say we can't beat them. But this "we'll have the best player" stuff doesn't move the needle. They are far better than any team we've beaten this season. No one is saying it's an unwinnable game. But there's a reason they're a 2 seed.
I watched them beat LSU today, not just better than anybody we beat, better than anybody we played.

That said, nothing about the season or our performance has been predictable. I would say that just as we blew out Georgetown, lost to Creighton for the 3rd time, who was then blow out by Georgetown, matchups and style of play matters a lot. We are a bad matchup for Alabama. They aren’t going to be able to out athlete us as they often do. I don’t know much about Maryland, I hope they aren‘t a nemesis style team for us.

Reaction Score
I watched them beat LSU today, not just better than anybody we beat, better than anybody we played.

That said, nothing about the season or our performance has been predictable. I would say that just as we blew out Georgetown, lost to Creighton for the 3rd time, who was then blow out by Georgetown, matchups and style of play matters a lot. We are a bad matchup for Alabama. They aren’t going to be able to out athlete us as they often do. I don’t know much about Maryland, I hope they aren‘t a nemesis style team for us.
Need to run and pick up the pace!

Reaction Score

Alabama plays small, and relies heavily on the 3. They’re like a better St. John’s. Adama should eat, and we’ve been defending the 3 as well as anyone as of late. I think we match up well with them(again with the caveat that James is on his ish)

Reaction Score
Georgetown is a huge bonus for the Big East this year. Yes, it's too bad Gillespie got hurt, but Georgetown getting in adds a lot of Big East hype. Will Georgetown get by Colorado? That is one of the more likely 12-5 upsets you will find considering how easily G dismantled Cretin. Next up, Florida State. Records and lines don't mean as much this year so roll the dice!

Reaction Score
My Friday picks
  • -1 Florida over VA Tech
  • ML Georgia Tech over L—Chi
  • +12.5 Morehead over West Virginia
  • -3 SDSU over Cuse

Reaction Score
Georgetown is a huge bonus for the Big East this year. Yes, it's too bad Gillespie got hurt, but Georgetown getting in adds a lot of Big East hype. Will Georgetown get by Colorado? That is one of the more likely 12-5 upsets you will find considering how easily G dismantled Cretin. Next up, Florida State. Records and lines don't mean as much this year so roll the dice!

Georgetown got a great draw, probably easier than UCONN's. Everyone will be picking them over Colorado.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom