Selection Sunday | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Selection Sunday

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Of all of the many ways I could imagine (even expect) being pissed off, regarding things as unfair, or thinking of them indefensible BS, this seeding, in this bracket with these other teams is not any
of them.

This team could win or lose any of its first 4 games. I'm happy for the opportunity to watch and witness how it plays out. I'm neither pessimistic nor optimistic and make NO predictions whatsoever.

One game at a time.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
Interesting thing is that Bama was Ray’s second choice. Not relevant anymore but a cool tidbit

Reaction Score
I doubt UCONN is on Alabama’s radar.
Nate Oats knows trust me. We lost 3 games with Bouk both against top 15 teams. All close games. Alabama is good no doubt really good a final for team but let’s say we didn’t lose Bouk for 8 games. We probably end up as a 3 seed. So if we get past Maryland I look forward to playing them.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
worst collection of tourney teams in the time i've been on the planet. perfect time for us to be back innit. all i cared aboot was not seeing illinois, west virginia, baylor, or iowa near us early. we need a bit more tourney seasoning, so our first weekend looks like a spice rack. bama plays rick pitino in their opener. try and remember that hooston, our hooston (and a right fine squad, but still 'our hooston') is a 2 seed, ie a top eight team this year. and, 'member when some of youse were wizzing all over Hartford? they're in, too. howzaboot ol smelly gtown, who should pay us for the privilege of the training scrimmages, aren't they now tourney darlings? most of these squads feel like a providence, or mebbe marquette -big 'star' talk, but not championship winning teams, or even very good, for that matter.
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good thing you don’t pick the brackets. But hey, let’s go! Pumped for our seed and matchups.
To be honest, there isn't much difference between a potential 2nd round matchup against the weakest #1 or the strongest #2. Would you rather have Michigan or Alabama? It's a coin toss for me.

Reaction Score
To be honest, there isn't much difference between a potential 2nd round matchup against the weakest #1 or the strongest #2. Would you rather have Michigan or Alabama? It's a coin toss for me.
michigan is missing one of their best players. you could argue that they are an easier out than alabama.

Reaction Score
We all have a bias from what we have seen...

I hate FSU playing Georgetown as a #12...in game two...Georgetown looked dangerous....

I have not watched Maryland or Bama...so have no "feel".
Bama is legit

Reaction Score
michigan is missing one of their best players. you could argue that they are an easier out than alabama.
That's basically my point. When I threw out that we might be a #8 against the weakest #1, that wasn't a concern, that was a statement of fact. Being #8 vs. Michigan may have been our next most likely spot to being #7 vs. Alabama, and it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Reaction Score
ct connection for bama -- they have yale transfer jordan bruner. i loved his game when he was a bulldog, but i don't think he can guard sanogo.

Reaction Score
My upset picks:
  • Winthrop over Nova
    • Nova not good on offensive boards and Winthrop is 12th in rebounding
    • Winthrop is 52nd in 2p%, but Nova is 229th in defending inside the arc
  • North Texas over Purdue (and then beats Winthrop in 2nd round)
    • North Texas lives inside the arc and Purdue is just 179th in defending the 2
    • North Texas is 53th in causing TOs and Purdue is 165th in offensive turnover rate
    • North Texas is prone to TOs, but Purdue doesn't cause them (284th in causing TOs)
  • Morehead State over West Virginia
    • Morehead State doesn't shoot threes and West Virginia is just 239th in 2p% D.
    • Morehead State is 66th at preventing offensive boards and West Virginia is just 228th in fg% and 13th in offensive boards so Morehead can cancel out West Virginia's 2nd chance opportunities.
    • West Virginia is reliant on getting to the line to score (17th), but Morehead is 13th at preventing teams from getting to the line.
  • Georgetown over Colorado
    • Just riding that hot streak and fun to root for them. More of a heart pick than a head pick.

Reaction Score
My upset picks:
  • Winthrop over Nova
    • Nova not good on offensive boards and Winthrop is 12th in rebounding
    • Winthrop is 52nd in 2p%, but Nova is 229th in defending inside the arc
  • North Texas over Purdue (and then beats Winthrop in 2nd round)
    • North Texas lives inside the arc and Purdue is just 179th in defending the 2
    • North Texas is 53th in causing TOs and Purdue is 165th in offensive turnover rate
    • North Texas is prone to TOs, but Purdue doesn't cause them (284th in causing TOs)
  • Morehead State over West Virginia
    • Morehead State doesn't shoot threes and West Virginia is just 239th in 2p% D.
    • Morehead State is 66th at preventing offensive boards and West Virginia is just 228th in fg% and 13th in offensive boards so Morehead can cancel out West Virginia's 2nd chance opportunities.
    • West Virginia is reliant on getting to the line to score (17th), but Morehead is 13th at preventing teams from getting to the line.
  • Georgetown over Colorado
    • Just riding that hot streak and fun to root for them. More of a heart pick than a head pick.
I've started going thru the KenPom data and also noted North Texas and Morehead State as potential sleepers. Much more research to do!

Reaction Score
Happy to be dancing, not gonna lie I had visions of them somehow snubbing us for a second letting us get to the very end lol.
Have barely watched Maryland all year watched some against Michigan and they aren’t a slouch.
Looking ahead if we beat Maryland at least Alabama doesn’t have a dominating post presence which has given us trouble.

Reaction Score
How did the Shockers make it?

They legit stink. Probably 15 better teams left out for them.

Reaction Score
How did the Shockers make it?

They legit stink. Probably 15 better teams left out for them.
Maybe AAC regular season champs carried some weight. Louisville is out so it's all good.

Reaction Score
Pitino is frightening looking, the jet black rug on top of his head looks even more ridiculous than normal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom