Selection Show Thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Selection Show Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's not true for Iowa St. Iowa St. isn't closer to Brooklyn than Tennessee.
It is true once you realize that the committee had Iowa St 8th, so they chose last.

Reaction Score
so the S curve is a fiction? it's this seed list that matters?
Sometimes those terms are used interchangeably, but yeah they don't truly go with a strict s-curve, it's true seed by geography. Those numbers I used are the actual true seeds for our bracket. Here's the top 4 seedlines. Numbers on the right are the committee's ranking of each team.

Reaction Score
They make a "true seedlist". Basically a ranking of the teams in this set of 4 seeds (1 seeds - 4 seeds).

Then they slot the teams into regions based on geography (and avoiding conference duplicates in each region where able for the first few teams from each conference within top 4 seedlines so no Marquette or Creighton in UConn's bracket for example) going in order of the seedlist. So #1 team "picks" their region, then #2 "picks" etc. On though #16.

Then they re-check how the regions fare by adding up the "true seedlist" of the top 4 seeds. So we have #1 + #8 + #12 + #15. = 36.

All the other regions have to be within 5 of 36 for them to consider it fair.
But that can't be how they do it because if that was how they actually did it, the teams would be different.

Reaction Score
Time to take care of business in 2 local arena’s.

We’ve beaten..
UNC a 1 seed
Marquette a 2 seed 3 times
Creighton a 3 seed
Gonzaga a 5 seed
Texas a 7 seed
And we were short handed against Kansas a 4 seed which could have been a win.

Play to our identity and strengths and good things should happen.

Reaction Score

Last year Seth Davis had us losing in the 2nd rd to VCU (8). Jay Wright had Kansas vs Gonzaga coming out of our bracket with the winner taking the National Title.

Kellogg FF: Alabama, Xavier, Purdue, Gonzaga
Davis FF: Marquette, Alabama, Kansas, Texas
Wright FF: Same as Seth Davis

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sometimes those terms are used interchangeably, but yeah they don't truly go with a strict s-curve, it's true seed by geography. Those numbers I used are the actual true seeds for our bracket. Here's the top 4 seedlines. Numbers on the right are the committee's ranking of each team.

I get that’s how they do it, they just did a terrible job seeding teams. Just like last year when we should have been a strong #3 and were seeded as a #4.

Reaction Score
It's about mileage, lolz.
I haven’t checked but I’m guessing Iowa st is probably closer to MW site, same for Ill and Auburn to South. While Duke closer to Boston, and Tenn closer to Boston as well

But maybe the Committee for all their access to data does not have Google maps

Reaction Score

the committee is on crack if they think the east is the easiet region and the midwest is the hardest

Reaction Score

To state the obvious, as a #1 you might face 0 of the top 4, but at worst, you can only face 2 of the top 4.

Reaction Score
I haven’t checked but I’m guessing Iowa st is probably closer to MW site, same for Ill and Auburn to South. While Duke closer to Boston, and Tenn closer to Boston as well

But maybe the Committee for all their access to data does not have Google maps

Forget it man... that guy was so full of crap. They have to come up with some type of narrative to explain away the ridiculous pretzel twisting they had to do to stack our bracket the way they did, while leaving both Purdue and UNC with much easier paths.

No matter. Time to stop talking and go play the games and see where we are at when the smoke clears in Phoenix in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
second toughest? looks more like 7th to me.
GI6BoF2WgAAbgfi
Dude, better hurry you’re gonna miss the CBI selection show!!

Reaction Score
I’ll
And additionally for them to play UConn in Boston, which will be pretty much a home game for the Huskies. Reversing the perspective here doesn't do those schools any favors in the bracket either. Hopefully in the end it's they who will feel screwed just like Michigan State vs the 2014 Husky champions at MSG did afterwards.
Was at MSG for the Michigan State game, in a seas of MSU folks. Couldn't find them at the end of the game.

Reaction Score
second toughest? looks more like 7th to me.
GI6BoF2WgAAbgfi
This is your way of acknowledging that counting bids says more about bid stealers than the quality of the league. The Big East should have had a minimum of 5 bids or 45% of the conference while the ACC, e.g., should have had 3 or 20% of the conference. UVA did not belong and NC State had no business. The fact that NC State won its tournament says more about UNC and dook than it does about the strength of the conference. Now the Big 12 only getting 8 instead of 9 hurts, but even if it got 10 bids, the reality is that the bearcats would still be stray cats. Chin up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom