Selection Monday | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Selection Monday

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What I gathered is just that they don't wanna have to endure the pain of sitting through any more games.

Some just feel this is the final clincher to a year that will go down in history at our university as a historic embarrassment.
I know it's been a painful sight to behold. I've loved seeing the emergence of such a passionate WBB fanbase at MSU over the previous 4-5 years, and I really hope things find a way to turn around soon. Sigh.

Reaction Score
What an uneven show! They announced the brackets in confusing order. They highlighted a few teams while totally ignoring other teams. No discussion or debates about seedings or surprise selections.
Couldn’t agree more. I’m not a big ESPN brasher, but that was horrible. And the 2nd round on ESPNU was even worse.

Reaction Score
Just one point of clarity is needed about me and 1994.

BU fans bantering with you Boneyard guys is great (and has been for a decade +)

BU fans bantering with each other about BU team stuff on another fanboard . . . seems a bit misplaced.

Out on this one about two BU fans using your Board to talk about BU stuff. See you guys tomorrow. It's gonna be a fun tourney.

Reaction Score
Will say this if we win it all we would have definitely earned it with this draw and then the next 4 thanks and goodnight .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
ugh. Just ugh. I do know who I'll root for, I'm not sharing.
Back when I was following men's hoops more closely I had this scenario come up several times, both Tourney and regular season, w/ Arizona and Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
Jayne Appel's broken foot held her to zero points. She was practically hobbling by the end. Man did that ending hurt my soul.
Tara totally blew that game. While it was true Appel came through in the previous game anyone with a brain could have seen that she did not have another game left in her. But still Tara insisted on playing her. Actually Stanford gained and maintained good their lead with Appel on the bench. Everytime Tara put Appel back in Uconn closed the gap and eventually over took Stanford. That was an example of one of the stupidest and most stubborn moves by a coach I have ever seen. Appel had no mobility and could not even jump. UConn was killing them when Appel was in the game but Tara kept her in as the lead disappeared and changed hands. I don't know what she was expecting. She left it all on the floor in the previous game. She agrevated her injury in that game and was literally a cripple.

Reaction Score
does writing a congressman have to do with having an opinion that a mediocre team, or less than mediocre team should not get an invite over a team that actually showed it could win more than half their games. I would rather see the mid majors get more respect from the committee than propping up P5 also rans.
This tournament is definitely more P5 heavy, but that was the season we had. OOC games were canceled or limited, so those other teams had a tough time beefing up their schedule strength and finding quality win opportunities.

Reaction Score
I am talking about excluding teams with much better records. And since the teams I mentioned have no major ooc wins this year or even a recent historical resume. My opinion is as valid as yours.
So your standard isn't a simple .500 conference mark to be considered for inclusion. I think that's what's being argued. I don't know you but I know me and for what it's worth, based on that criterion alone, your opinion is probably way more valid than mine.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Just one point of clarity is needed about me and 1994.

BU fans bantering with you Boneyard guys is great (and has been for a decade +)

BU fans bantering with each other about BU team stuff on another fanboard . . . seems a bit misplaced.

Out on this one about two BU fans using your Board to talk about BU stuff. See you guys tomorrow. It's gonna be a fun tourney.
bay.JPG

Reaction Score
For me this was ESPN’s worst selection show ever. Hard to watch.
Whoever produced and planned this should really go back to the drawing board for the tournament segments, etc. Maria Taylor looked so uninterested in being there. I’ve always liked her, but she really sucked yesterday. JMHO.

Reaction Score
I give the reveal show a pass for the overall #1 comment. It was the first reveal and they likely assumed the #1 overall would be announced first like usual. Order of reveal was weird. I just listened to Jeff Waltz comments. I think he was happy her didn't draw UConn again and thinks that helps his chances. I just hope Geno being missing does not effect any outcomes. Is there a chance of a false positive? That actually seems more likely than a real positive given everything we know. Funniest result will be if final 4 is chalk given all the talk about how different this year will be.

No it was not a false positive. A second test was done to confirm to be sure from what I've read.

Reaction Score

Didn't Maria expect Lobo to say something when they revealed UConn...but she had nothing to say? ?

Reaction Score
I agree with many here that Uconn is in the toughest region. As an aside, I suspect it was not random the selection committee put Iowa in Uconn's region. If, and its a big if (for Iowa), the two were to meet in the final 16, there would be a tremendous interest (potential high TV ratings for women's BB) in Paige & Caitlan on the floor at the same time.

Reaction Score
I just don't see how UConn has the toughest bracket.

They have beaten TN before the defense upgrade and Paige had an injury during the game.

Iowa really doesnt play defense. Gets some fouls on Czinano and deny Clark and that game is over. The other 3 players they could put on the court just are barely BE team skilled.

Baylor is a challenge but I think a national championship should be a challenge. Baylor this year is not Baylor of the past.

In addition, Florida Gold Coast could actually take out a bunch of them and we never even see these teams folks are talking about. I'm not sure any of the other brackets have a potential buster like this team.

I just don't think we husky fans honor our team when we complain about the bracket. Yes the teams in our bracket have stars but I also think the BE has trained our team to handle a team with a star from a defensive standpoint to shut that player down and force the rest to try and beat UConn. That is a signature UConn strategy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom