Selection Monday | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Selection Monday

Reaction Score
Despite the absence of the Bulldogs (which I sadly predicted in January after seeing a full blown meltdown in the works) this should be an exciting tournament. Here is to hoping health holds out for everyone to be able to fully participate.

I could honestly see 5 or 6 teams with a shot to cut down the nets at the end. Hoping for some fun games.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
High Point just said on their Twitter they’re coming for you UConn!

lol. Bless their hearts.
As they should. They should bring it with all they got.

They are a 3-point shooting team, averaging more than 10 made 3's per game. (@triaddukefan has dubbed them FGCU-North.) That at least gives them a wild puncher's chance.

Reaction Score
BYU got in? They deserve it. They lost the West Coast championship game on a buzzer beater.
They played poorly in that game, the Zags had only seven players total and were missing 5 and the coach due to food poisoning. BYU should have won going away: not a good performance.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
As they should. They should bring it with all they got.

They are a 3-point shooting team, averaging more than 10 made 3's per game. (@triaddukefan has dubbed them FGCU-North.) That at least gives them a wild puncher's chance.
Worked for Arkansas.

Reaction Score
She's been playing much much better as of late. She's a game changer inside when she's grabbing boards and blocking shots. Bickle is solid but I think they lose a lot in rebounding if Egbo is out for extended minutes. I think Baylor will be the favorite should they meet, but I think it'll be a good game.
Not really! Bickle is 4th on the team in rebounding! Moon ursin is 3rd and she’s 5’6

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The Prognosticators Tournament Game 4 Prediction page will be posted Thursday around 5:00 PM EST.

Reaction Score
Wake Forest. 500 team?

It's not just about their overall record, it's about their body of work. It seems that the committee deemed wins over Missouri State, North Carolina, Miami, Virginia Tech, Florida State, and Georgia Tech enough to get in combined with no.....horrible losses such as Notre Dame's loss to Ohio or Boston College or Clemson 2x.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
THIS + 1000. I hope this new way of airing the games becomes the "new" normal.
I believe that they should have the Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight and the Final Four all at one site. Let the First and Second round be like they have been, at the Top 16 sites.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So ... based on 'Stanford is #1 overall seed and Uconn is #2 overall' and Stanford lined up to face SC in the Semis - that must mean NcSt is the #3 overall and SC is the #4 overall

And with the S curve that makes:
Stanford #1, Uconn #2, NC St #3, SC #4
Louisville #8, Baylor #7, TA&M #6, Maryland #5
Georgia #9, Tenn #10, Arizona #11, UCLA #12
Arkansas #16, Kentucky #15, Indiana #14, WV #13

The one that absolutely jumps out at me in this is WV which hasn't been in previous reveals jumping to #13 on the basis of ... no notable wins and two 26 point loses to Baylor since the last reveal? TN also seems to have jumped forward a bit.

The positioning of the 3 and 4, and then the 5 and 6 ranked teams seems to be an looks to me to be a bit of adjustment for SC and TA&M to be in different elite 8s.

Overall - not bad. I think there are no easy elite matchups. Stanford as the #1 has perhaps an easier route, but not by much.

Reaction Score
So ... based on 'Stanford is #1 overall seed and Uconn is #2 overall' and Stanford lined up to face SC in the Semis - that must mean NcSt is the #3 overall and SC is the #4 overall

And with the S curve that makes:
Stanford #1, Uconn #2, NC St #3, SC #4
Louisville #8, Baylor #7, TA&M #6, Maryland #5
Georgia #9, Tenn #10, Arizona #11, UCLA #12
Arkansas #16, Kentucky #15, Indiana #14, WV #13

The one that absolutely jumps out at me in this is WV which hasn't been in previous reveals jumping to #13 on the basis of ... no notable wins and two 26 point loses to Baylor since the last reveal? TN also seems to have jumped forward a bit.

The positioning of the 3 and 4, and then the 5 and 6 ranked teams seems to be an looks to me to be a bit of adjustment for SC and TA&M to be in different elite 8s.

Overall - not bad. I think there are no easy elite matchups. Stanford as the #1 has perhaps an easier route, but not by much.

Thing is the other teams lost to people they shouldn't have. Arkansas lost to Ole Miss, Oregon lost to Oregon State, Kentucky lost to Ole Miss and Georgia, Indiana lost to Michigan State. Plenty of movement for West Virginia to move up even though they lost to Baylor.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
It's not just about their overall record, it's about their body of work. It seems that the committee deemed wins over Missouri State, North Carolina, Miami, Virginia Tech, Florida State, and Georgia Tech enough to get in combined with no.....horrible losses such as Notre Dame's loss to Ohio or Boston College or Clemson 2x.
No less than 500 team in conference should make the tournament, if you can't win half your games, nope.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Looking at possible match ups Arkansas vs Missouri State could be interesting.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I repeat: W-L record is not the deciding factor, and the fact that you keep harping on it shows that you don't get how this works.

Every year there are teams with sub-.500 conference records that get at-large bids. That's not a disqualification. Don't know why people get so superstitious and triggered about that.

Wazzu beat UCLA and Arizona. I challenge you to name a "snubbed" team with two better wins than that. Plus 2 wins over Oregon State, another tournament team. Who would you have put in the field ahead of them?
Very rarely and when it happens more people agree with me. What PAC 12 teams had good ooc wins? So what do you base your opinion on?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
No less than 500 team in conference should make the tournament, if you can't win half your games, nope.
You seem to be hung up on this. I often hear people throw out this arbitrary criterion. Not sure why arbitrarily pick .500 as the threshold. Why not .550? Or .600?

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Miss St boards must be melting down good

McCray crashed the Mercedes

Never mind. They haven't melt down because this result was not entirely unexpected, but most people have their spirits deflated or in a very sad state.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom