Selection Monday | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Selection Monday

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Never mind. They haven't melt down because this result was not entirely unexpected, but most people have their spirits deflated or in a very sad state.
I haven't ventured over there, but would you say some fans were half-wanting the team to be left out? So as to deny the sliver lining to a disappointing season?

Reaction Score
We lost to UCLA (coached at the time by Nikki Caldwell) in the first round.
post-54086-anna-kendrick-yikes-gif-Imgur-VApe.gif

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
6'3 and 6'2 are injured. We essentially are a team of guards,
So triad are you going to participate in the Prognosticators Tournament Game 4 Predictions? I take you will have High Point winning correct?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wait! Is this an option? Can I give Tara 7 days to prepare for Geno and get them out of the way early and then play High Point in the second round?
No, obviously High Point takes Stanford's spot as the overall #1 seed. Didn't you follow the compelling logic here?

You see, because High Point has a stellar W-L record of 21-6 and 17-3 in conference, they're clearly far more deserving than a Stanford team that didn't get any good OOC wins.

Reaction Score
I think we have the toughest bracket star player wise . If we can come out this region I like our chances to win the title. The cuse will be a tough out if we get them2nd rd

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
You seem to be hung up on this. I often hear people throw out this arbitrary criterion. Not sure why arbitrarily pick .500 as the threshold. Why not .550? Or .600?
Because 500 is 500 not arbitrary, it is absolute mediocrity. Is DePaul in had a better win than either Wake or WS. Am I the only person that brings that up?

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I haven't ventured over there, but would you say some fans were half-wanting the team to be left out? So as to deny the sliver lining to a disappointing season?

What I gathered is just that they don't wanna have to endure the pain of sitting through any more games.

Some just feel this is the final clincher to a year that will go down in history at our university as a historic embarrassment.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Because 500 is 500 not arbitrary, it is absolute mediocrity. Is DePaul in had a better win than either Wake or WS. Am I the only person that brings that up?
Is this a spoof? Please tell me it's a spoof.

Wake beat Maryland.
Wazzu beat UCLA and Arizona.

DePaul beat Kentucky. Is that the win you're thinking of?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So triad are you going to participate in the Prognosticators Tournament Game 4 Predictions? I take you will have High Point winning correct?

Actually I participated in a similar contest back during the 2012 tourney... and I nailed the UConn-Penn State final right on the money.. 77-59. Afterwards I figured why not retire with a perfect record.. and I haven't participated in one since. ;)

No, obviously High Point takes Stanford's spot as the overall #1 seed. Didn't you follow the compelling logic here?

You see, because High Point has a stellar W-L record of 21-6 and 17-3 in conference, they're clearly far more deserving than a Stanford team that didn't get any good OOC wins.

22-6 ...

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I missed most of the 340 posts in this thread, so if this has been discussed previously, I apologize (but would still like to know).
1. Is the Women's Tournament going to have "stand by" teams to fill in if a current invitee develops COVID related issues?
2. If 1 above is a Yes, did the committee reveal them and how many are there?
3. Does this prevent the teams selected from being in the WNIT?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thing is the other teams lost to people they shouldn't have. Arkansas lost to Ole Miss, Oregon lost to Oregon State, Kentucky lost to Ole Miss and Georgia, Indiana lost to Michigan State. Plenty of movement for West Virginia to move up even though they lost to Baylor.
But the best win they had all season was an early win against an at the time unranked Tenn at home in OT. Two of those other teams had serious quality wins - Ark beat #2 Uconn and #7 Baylor, KY beat #9 Georgia, TN, and Ark. And they obviously rated Maryland winning convincingly the B10 as stronger than Baylor winning convincingly the B12 so the strength of conference for IU should mean something.

Reaction Score
I have a strong feeling SC loses in the 2nd round this could be one of the wonkiest final fours we have had since Cal, Lville and Syracuse prettty much handed us the trophy in 2016

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You seem to be hung up on this. I often hear people throw out this arbitrary criterion. Not sure why arbitrarily pick .500 as the threshold. Why not .550? Or .600?
The NIT uses .500 as a criteria I believe, can't remember the exact rule.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A thought.... if it was a regular tournament with the top 4 seeds getting home games.... I would tend to think that HPU would have drawn State instead of UConn and sent A&T to face maybe Maryland.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I have a strong feeling SC loses in the 2nd round this could be one of the wonkiest final fours we have had since Cal, Lville and Syracuse prettty much handed us the trophy in 2016
Your memory is failing you. You got 1 out of 3 correct. 2016 was Syracuse, Washington and Oregon St.

Cal and Louisville may have been part of another wonky Final 4, but it wasn't 2016.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The NIT uses .500 as a criteria I believe, can't remember the exact rule.
No.

In a normal year, both NCAA and WNIT have an eligibility requirement of an overall .500 winning percentage for consideration as an at-large team. Both waived that requirement this year.

Neither has ever had AFAIK a minimum conference record requirement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom