Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"If we beat this 11 seed we would have run the table........"

Just want to make sure I understand the argument. Lol

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Well, when PC fans find a reason to dump on us, our response will be PC hasn't won a ncaa tourney game in nearly 20 years.
They don't bother me all that much but I don't go looking for them anyway. I keep wondering why Waylon is so obsessed with having our program return playing Seton hall, St John's and PC regularly. I know that two of the three (St John's, PC) haven't won a tournament game this millennium and it is possible the third (SH) hasn't either, I'm just too lazy to look it up and don't know off the top of my head.

Reaction Score
I'm far from a Providence sympathizer, but for the committee to have Dayton at this site facing a higher seed in the first round is flat out unbelievably unfair.

You can't always avoid this sort of thing in one of the later rounds, but in the first round...this is a joke. And to compound thing, the ref T-ing up Cooley for tossing his chair while in the huddle was just adding insult to injury.
You must have felt bad for Iowa state and Michigan state last year too at MSG huh?

Reaction Score
We had to win 2 in Buffalo to get there though. A little different but I get the point.
And we were seeded a 7...so the committee thought Villanova, theoretically, would be in the Garden rather than us.

Reaction Score
To be fair, if they played this game in Boston Dayton may have outnumbered PC fans. Those fans travel.

The road tournament games complaint is a popular one among us Uconn fans. Yes, we've had some bad breaks, but after witnessing 2011 and 2014, tough teams will win those road games. We beat San Diego St and Arizona in 2011, and those were huge home crowds for each team. In both 2011 and 2014, we played Kentucky, where they probably had 60k or more fans in those huge football stadiums. The bottom line is if you're good enough, you'll win.

This is true. Dayton had almost as many fans as Syracuse last year at that game in Buffalo. My sense of Dayton is that they have 9,000 hard core fans who will travel to see them anywhere, and 10,000 fans overall.

They also have the a great fight song that the fans go crazy for: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Dayton FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-ers.

Reaction Score
This is the Basketball Gods pushing back a little. There's no way Dayton was the last team in the field and there's no way Providence was a 6 seed. This should have been an 8/9 game with Providence avoiding the road game. In fairness to Dayton, they had to beat a top 40 team 24 hours earlier.

Even though I may not sympathize with Providence, I can relate. UConn has on occasion been awarded so-called "advantages" that are often laden with hurdles.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I get that the committee isn't going to go out of their way to protect a six seed...but they can try harder than that. Sometimes I feel like this particular committee views the ability to ensure that one non-P5 team gets bumped as a good thing.

But, in the end, Providence had to beat Dayton, not climb Everest. And they got handled.

It's been about 20 years - win a tournament game already.

Until then, pipe down.

Reaction Score
What happens first, we win out fifth ncaa title or PC wins an NC tournament game?

Reaction Score
No matter what we think of PC, I think we can all agree that was a BS T on Cooley

Reaction Score
8574.jpg

Reaction Score
I feel no sympathy for PC. No one felt any sympathy for us when we faced virtual road games in the tourney over the years as the better seed. Go win the game Friars and EARN your respect. Their fans WISH their program could have won the way we have won. It took time but we broke through and are now 8-1 in the Final Four and we have the highest winning percentage in the NCAA Tourney since the field was expanded to 64+ teams. PC, bcu, uMess all have such disdain for Uconn and constantly root again the Huskies. Screw all of em. Since we won our first championship those three programs have won a COMBINED SIX NCAA Tourney games....We have won 36! Too bad for you PC maybe you will win a NCAA Tourney game once every quarter century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom