Seems PC got screwed in so many ways | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seems PC got screwed in so many ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They did get jobbed all in all but they did benefit from the no call on the clear up and down in the first half. Immediately after, PC hit a three. Should have never counted.
You mean the play the on the big white guy from PC. That was early in the second half and was a horrible call!!! Glad Dayton overcame it and won!!!

Reaction Score
But seriously... for all of you gloating about PC losing tonight (and I don't like 'em, either)... are you kidding me? How does the last at-large team get 3... count 'em 3!!! de-facto home games? Fact is, they would have lost Tuesday night if that wasn't a home game.

If that was us and not PC, there would be a multi-hundred post thread bitching up a storm all day and night. and we would be totally right to do so. You can say PC played like crap (they did, for the most part) but that game was still close with less than 5 minutes left. What happens if the game is on a neutral court?

Letting an 11 seed have 3 home games is an absolute disgrace. Over and over and over again these committees under the guise of the NCAA make decisions that a 10-year old would do better.

ARROGANT MORONS!!!

P.S. I also give you credit Friar J for showing up after the loss. Good luck next year

Reaction Score
If that was us and not PC, there would be a multi-hundred post thread bitching up a storm all day and night.

Please look up our history of getting screwed and playing road games against REAL teams like UCLA, North Carolina and even freaking George Mason. Give me a break. If PC was good they would've made some shots and won. Totally the bed after talking trash about how great they were all season. Mean while Cooley has been a head coach for about 10 years and never won a single NCAA game.

Reaction Score
Please look up our history of getting screwed and playing road games against REAL teams like UCLA, North Carolina and even freaking George Mason. Give me a break. If PC was good they would've made some shots and won. Totally the bed after talking trash about how great they were all season. Mean while Cooley has been a head coach for about 10 years and never won a single NCAA game.

Those games weren't in the first round when the ncaa can clearly decide not to play Dayton there. Pc was also the higher seed. And if I recall UCLA maryland and unc were all higher seeds (one seeds too I think) so they do have the benefit of getting a closer game. And those games were in the elite 8. And please leave out george mason. There's no excuse for us losing that game. I've also tried to permanently erase it from my memory.

Screw pc. They played like garbage and deserved to lose but there is some validity to their complaints about playing a lower seed in its home state.

Reaction Score
They weren't a protected seed so bad luck? Sure, but maybe they should have won more games to avoid this.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
But seriously... for all of you gloating about PC losing tonight (and I don't like 'em, either)... are you kidding me? How does the last at-large team get 3... count 'em 3!!! de-facto home games? Fact is, they would have lost Tuesday night if that wasn't a home game.

If that was us and not PC, there would be a multi-hundred post thread bitching up a storm all day and night. and we would be totally right to do so. You can say PC played like crap (they did, for the most part) but that game was still close with less than 5 minutes left. What happens if the game is on a neutral court?

Letting an 11 seed have 3 home games is an absolute disgrace. Over and over and over again these committees under the guise of the NCAA make decisions that a 10-year old would do better.

ARROGANT MORONS!!!

P.S. I also give you credit Friar J for showing up after the loss. Good luck next year

I think Dayton is getting rewarded by the committee for their fan support of the First Four round. Those are Dayton fans that are showing up in huge numbers to support those games being played in Dayton between teams that fans in Dayton could care less about, except for this year since their own team played there. I'm not saying it's right, just that they're getting rewarded for their support at those games in Dayton.

Reaction Score
This committee was one of the worst and this is just another sampling of what they were thinking, if they were at all.

Having said that PC was supposed to be better and they're best players played as if they had never been there before. Fact is they need to play well and neither Dunn or Henton played well at all. Tough one but Dayton deserved the W no matter where it was played.

Reaction Score

Don't forget the biggest road game of them all-against Michigan State in Detroit in the 2009 Finial Four.
Obviously the site is predetermined but still a huge advantage for MSU.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

When you put it that way, the program's suckitude becomes frighteningly clear. Especially when you mention it on the board of a team that has won 41 NCAA tourney games over the same span. You are definitely the antithesis of the fair weather fan.

Reaction Score
Not too many years ago, the committee sent Pitt to play Wisconsin in Milwaukee during the first weekend, and Pitt was a 3 seed, so they've done worse.

Reaction Score
Any complaints fall on deaf ears when you consider that the committee screwed Dayton in general even more than they screwed PC. At least PC was given a seed that made sense.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No one can accuse you of failing to show up after a loss. Although you could have waited a few minutes.

No, he couldn't. You just know he was watching his team getting waxed by a lower seed thinking "they are going to kill me on the Boneyard!"

Reaction Score
I shed no tears for PC. They made the tourney, they had a chance. We had St Joe's, Nova, ISI, MSU, UF and Kentucky last year. That was one of the most difficult routes in history. We won.

Reaction Score
I'm far from a Providence sympathizer, but for the committee to have Dayton at this site facing a higher seed in the first round is flat out unbelievably unfair.

You can't always avoid this sort of thing in one of the later rounds, but in the first round...this is a joke. And to compound thing, the ref T-ing up Cooley for tossing his chair while in the huddle was just adding insult to injury.
"Seems PC got screwed in so many ways.", sounds like a title to a wonderful poem. Author! Author!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
For the most part Friar J isn't bad, something that cannot be said about most PC fans. For the bulk of PC fans, from what I remember of them, they will spend their time crowing about how superior they now are to us (based solely on the past few months) and view that as a victory. We measure our success in tournament wins and national titles. They measure their success in their ability to claim any moments in time that they may have outperformed us.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
As many have mentioned, Dayton was screwed far more than PC. I'm sick of the extra play-in games that are referred to as "Round 1". There is no reason that Dayton should have had to beat a pretty good Boise team, followed by a game against PC 2 days later. Return the field to 64. Stop screwing over the small-conference champions so that you can cheat your way into having UCLA into the final 32...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

ARROGANT MORONS!!!

There is always a little juggling with locations and seedings. Every year there is a bit of horse trading or attempts to make things fair or give that appearance.

What I find interesting is that no one has made any attempt to argue that the committee gave a virtual home game to a mid major. Seems the conspiracy animals have crawled into a hole regarding this point.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If anyone's looking for cheap entertainment it's worth browsing their board.
I get all the entertainment, and aggravation, I need from this forum. Every fanatical fan base is just a variation with a different perspective from this one.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I shed no tears for PC. They made the tourney, they had a chance. We had St Joe's, Nova, ISI, MSU, UF and Kentucky last year. That was one of the most difficult routes in history. We won.
And they got waxed by a team UConn beat.

Reaction Score
For the most part Friar J isn't bad, something that cannot be said about most PC fans. For the bulk of PC fans, from what I remember of them, they will spend their time crowing about how superior they now are to us (based solely on the past few months) and view that as a victory. We measure our success in tournament wins and national titles. They measure their success in their ability to claim any moments in time that they may have outperformed us.
Well, when PC fans find a reason to dump on us, our response will be PC hasn't won a ncaa tourney game in nearly 20 years.

Reaction Score
To be fair, if they played this game in Boston Dayton may have outnumbered PC fans. Those fans travel.

The road tournament games complaint is a popular one among us Uconn fans. Yes, we've had some bad breaks, but after witnessing 2011 and 2014, tough teams will win those road games. We beat San Diego St and Arizona in 2011, and those were huge home crowds for each team. In both 2011 and 2014, we played Kentucky, where they probably had 60k or more fans in those huge football stadiums. The bottom line is if you're good enough, you'll win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom