Seeding Outlook | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Seeding Outlook

Reaction Score
While that technically does make a lot of sense in the grand scheme of things, sites for the first weekend happen in a vacuum. You go down the the s-curve, one by one, and place each team in their most preferred (or best remaining) site regardless of what sites it opens or closes for other teams further down the s-curve.

Baylor and Texas are both 98% going to be ahead of Gonzaga on the s-curve and would take probably Birmingham first, but then Denver second.

They’re also both likely to be ahead of AZ in the s-curve, so even if AZ has Denver first and Sacramento second (entirely possible), it won’t matter, since Denver will have been closed by the two Texas schools, and they’ll then take Sacramento, locking out the two “west” sites and giving the Zags the short end of the stick. Happens to someone every year.

This is why as auror and others have said, we really need to be ahead of 2 of X, IU, and UVA, our closest competition for Albany, to ensure we have it. Though to be fair, we don’t know their preferences.

I believe each team in contention for a top-four seed sends the committee a ranking of the sites, from their most desirable to least desirable, and they then use that to allocate.
Makes sense using NCAA rationale. I wish they would look grand scheme though haha. Quick search shows me Austin-Orlando is only an extra 2 hours of driving, and a cheaper flight. If a fan is willing to drive 14 hours to one place you would think they'd be OK driving 16 hours.

Reaction Score
Makes sense using NCAA rationale. I wish they would look grand scheme though haha. Quick search shows me Austin-Orlando is only an extra 2 hours of driving, and a cheaper flight. If a fan is willing to drive 14 hours to one place you would think they'd be OK driving 16 hours.
lol I definitely agree. NCAA gonna NCAA.

The flight thing’s a really good point, though. That sounds like a factor schools might consider when ranking their preferred locations.

Fortunately, we only have a couple more days to wait before it’s all revealed. As long as we’re in Albany I don’t really care if the other 15 top-4 seeds are playing on the moon for the first weekend.

Reaction Score
As long as we’re in Albany I don’t really care if the other 15 top-4 seeds are playing on the moon for the first weekend.
Agree. But as a fellow amateur bracketologist you may know these are the things that keep you up at night

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom