See You In Nashville... | The Boneyard

See You In Nashville...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think Baylor's got a good shot at the F4. WHo all makes it is going to depend a little bit on bracketology. That being said, I think Baylor, UConn, and Notre Dame are leaders in the clubhouse, Stanford has a great shot, Duke still has a chance with Gray done for the season, and if Tennessee deprives themselves of a trip to their state capital, they'd have been doing this season all wrong. Lousiville's been right there at #5, but they haven't had the in=conference or OOC schedule to convince me.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Baylor vs ND might be an interesting game as both play with a three guard lineup. ND has more weapons so I would favor ND in any game played. However if Baylor played like they did last night, they can win the game. Game would be played in South Bend.

Baylor vs Duke. Duke is more talented but I would favor Baylor to win because of their tenacity. I think Duke would fold under the pressure and wouldn't hold Sims to below her average.

Stanford vs Baylor. I would love to see this game happen as it would be Chiney vs Sims. If they were to meet the game would be at Palo Alto, so I would favor Stanford to win a close game.

Any of the other contenders to get to the Final Four, Baylor can win against any of them. IF Baylor ends up in Lincoln with Duke, I can see them getting to the Final Four. Have to play like they did last night in all tournament games.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Baylor will need more scorers if they're going to go to the FF. Last nites game another one at home worked in their favor. UConn had open shots and missed many of them. Sims can not be a one man show. She cant do it alone. Baylor needs more balance.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Baylor will need more scorers if they're going to go to the FF. Last nites game another one at home worked in their favor. UConn had open shots and missed many of them. Sims can not be a one man show. She cant do it alone. Baylor needs more balance.
I think Kim has the film to teach this now. There were a number of pretty easy foul line shots not taken by players in the game last night. And she also has some film to sit down with Sims and have a heart to heart a la Walz and Angel and say ... you want a FF, maybe a NC, look at this film and tell me what you see and what you personally need to do.

Reaction Score
...who else will be joining us?

I'm not betting on Baylor making it. Clearly, in my book, the favorites are UConn, Stanford, which is improving, and Notre Dame. Duke might have had a shot, but with Gray done again I think they're out. There are probably 6-8 teams that can vie for the last spot...Louisville, Maryland, Baylor, South Carolina, Kentucky, and a few others. A lot will probably depend upon seeding and where the committee puts them, but right now Baylor seems a little too one dimensional offensively to survive.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I was impressed with Baylor's defense -- so, if Sims can balance shooting and distributing, they've got a good shot.

I can't wait to see ND live -- as many have said, they have the #2 ranking by default. Some important games upcoming, and hopefully it'll reveal a lot...

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I think Baylor got their "aha!" moment for their underclassmen last night. Will not be at all surprised if we see them in Nashville. And we should be wary of the Lousville games coming up. They are very likely to give us agita in the conference and beyond. JW could be the next Geno in terms of taking a team and building champions. (Not till Geno's done, but JW is doing pretty well so far...)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
...who else will be joining us?

You may be right. Your team can beat a lot of teams, and may well be there. Sims will probably never shoot 16% again, and if shooting closer to her average, will carry her team to a win.

Reaction Score
Baylor might be there. If they can't do it on the court they can buy tickets like I did. :D

67 TO GO

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
You may be right. Your team can beat a lot of teams, and may well be there. Sims will probably never shoot 16% again, and if shooting closer to her average, will carry her team to a win.

Yeah Phil I would agree with most teams that may be true but in UConn's case, Sim's 16% had something to do with Hartley's and Jefferson's defense. And, truth be told, KML will probably never shoot 25% again nor will Breanna Stewart shoot 28% again. If they shoot closer to their averages then Stewart who normally shoots 47.2% and KML who normally shoots 47.7% should be enough to offset Sims who usually shoots 49% and the results would be pretty much the same...with the exception of the fact that Baylor probably loses by 22 instead of 11.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yeah Phil I would agree with most teams that may be true but in UConn's case, Sim's 16% had something to do with Hartley's and Jefferson's defense. And, truth be told, KML will probably never shoot 25% again nor will Breanna Stewart shoot 28% again. If they shoot closer to their averages then Stewart who normally shoots 47.2% and KML who normally shoots 47.7% should be enough to offset Sims who usually shoots 49% and the results would be pretty much the same...with the exception of the fact that Baylor probably loses by 22 instead of 11.

I agree that the UCONN defense was a big part of her poor shooting night. However, I think that UCONN is the only team in the county that has the personnel to do that. Stokes, Dolson and Stewart are simply too much for her to handle going to the basket. Against any other team that doesn't have these type of quality bigs, she will continue to score 30 plus points.

I do hope that Mulkey shows her the gamefilm. It needs to be a one-on-one session so that the two of them can assess her play in an honest, non-threatening way. It does not need to be in a group setting. She also needs to realize that her teammates are not going to be happy watching her run wild while they feel capable of contributing.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I agree that the UCONN defense was a big part of her poor shooting night. However, I think that UCONN is the only team in the county that has the personnel to do that. Stokes, Dolson and Stewart are simply too much for her to handle going to the basket. Against any other team that doesn't have these type of quality bigs, she will continue to score 30 plus points.

I do hope that Mulkey shows her the gamefilm. It needs to be a one-on-one session so that the two of them can assess her play in an honest, non-threatening way. It does not need to be in a group setting. She also needs to realize that her teammates are not going to be happy watching her run wild while they feel capable of contributing.
I understand that but her body language a few times when I guess - in her opinion - teammates screwed up or missed shots was deplorable.

Reaction Score
Baylor played a great game at home, the key word being, 'home'. I want to see how they do on the road before I punch their ticket to Nashville. And, if Kim missed the F4 last year.....

Stating the obvious, Sims is great but she needs more scorers for them to go to F4. Nina Davis was awesome on the boards (17). You don't see that happen vs. UConn. If they can consistently board like that and Sims keeps scoring the way she has, then yes, they will make it. But relying on young players is never a sure bet.

I thought Steph was gassed a bit, but her foul trouble hampered her, too. Agree with Geno that the easy recent games may have lulled UConn into not being as smart or efficient. Playing (and winning) in Waco is definitely a very big challenge.

I thought Kim blew it by sitting Sims too long late in the 2nd half, or not calling a time out to get her back in the game. She sat at scorer's table for 2 minutes! She left the game with 7:40, down 7pts, and didn't come back in until 3:51, down 6 pts. During that time, Baylor committed 3 turnovers, which luckily didn't turn into pts for UConn, but no pts for Baylor, either.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I understand that but her body language a few times when I guess - in her opinion - teammates screwed up or missed shots was deplorable.

One of her worst expressions was when she screwed up and threw the ball into the backcourt. Oh well...you take the good, you take the bad, and then you have the facts of life.

Reaction Score

I would love to see Baylor vs. Stanford.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I thought Kim blew it by sitting Sims too long late in the 2nd half, or not calling a time out to get her back in the game. She sat at scorer's table for 2 minutes! She left the game with 7:40, down 7pts, and didn't come back in until 3:51, down 6 pts. During that time, Baylor committed 3 turnovers, which luckily didn't result into for pts for UConn, but no pts for Baylor, either.

Bingo...Kim should have used a timeout to get her back into the game.

Reaction Score
Baylor vs ND might be an interesting game as both play with a three guard lineup. ND has more weapons so I would favor ND in any game played. However if Baylor played like they did last night, they can win the game. Game would be played in South Bend.

But, who would score with all those bodies flopping on the court??? :D

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Really agree with this - she and her video person should put together a pair of video tapes for her and Kim should sit down and have a Jeff Walz (with Angel) come to Jesus discussion about body language, teamwork, and teaching. One video is the forced shots, the looks of disgust and pain, and the stupid offensive fouls. The other is the assists and offensive flow when things clicked last night especially during the first 10 minutes of the second half. She is too good a player to let her emotions rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom