Secret Scrimmage v Harvard | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Secret Scrimmage v Harvard

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Our 1999 team almost lost to Marathon Oil.

Syracuse lost to a D3 school one year, I think, and went on to play in the Final Four.

Nothing here should be either encouraging or discouraging.
Yeah we also lost to Wagner. Wait.

Reaction Score
Harvard had six men last year who played 25 minutes or more per game. All six return this year as juniors or seniors. This is a smart, well-coached group of veterans against which this UConn team, at this stage in its rebuilding, had little real chance. If you had told me before the game that Gilbert would play effectively against this group, I would have taken that as a solid positive, considerably outweighing any negative.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Our 1999 team almost lost to Marathon Oil.

Syracuse lost to a D3 school one year, I think, and went on to play in the Final Four.

Nothing here should be either encouraging or discouraging.
Lemoyne 2 or 3 years ago

Reaction Score
Saw him outside behind gampel around 4:00 getting into his car. The look on his face screamed can’t believe we just got our kicked by a bunch of nerds . I had to remind him that we lost to Yale on the same court not too long ago.

Praying for better days.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It is what it is BUT they better get better by the time they roll into MSG vs Cuse
Time is ticking....................................................
I have great hope for DH

Reaction Score

I don't understand why there would be any panic? We have known for a while that this was not a very good basketball team. There have been some lofty, and unreasonable, sweet 16 expectations placed on them by some on this board, but that is just not fair! This is a team that is just not very talented or very big, IMHO a 20 win season and an invite to the NCAA tournament is a successful season for UConn this year,

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't understand why there would be any panic? We have known for a while that this was not a very good basketball team. There have been some lofty, and unreasonable, sweet 16 expectations placed on them by some on this board, but that is just not fair! This is a team that is just not very talented or very big, IMHO a 20 win season and an invite to the NCAA tournament is a successful season for UConn this year,

Gonna need more than 20 wins from an AAC team this year if you want to dance.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
No idea how much stock to put in this result, or how believable the report is, but regardless:

It's going to take Hurley more than a few weeks to coach up this group. Given what we saw from the previous regime, he's basically starting from scratch, with everyone from the incoming freshmen through Jalen Adams. Unlike the last few years, you can expect some improvement from this group throughout the year -- what we see in November is not going to be what we see in February.

Reaction Score
Can’t believe anyone has any expectations after last year. A couple months go by and people forgot how often this team got blown out and was hardly competitive in many games. A new Adams and a post grad from the A10 are not going to make this team good overnight.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Let's not forget what this team looked like in the last game against SMU in March.

Reaction Score
I heard we lost by 14 and Alterique was the only one who did anything offensively. My source is just about as solid as can be.

Edit: my source is the same as caronimos

Reaction Score
Lol! I couldnt care less about the outcome. Im not worried about how we play in October i start my concern in Nov and only begin to worry in January lol! Means absolutely nothing. Just glad my boys are back on the court.

C

Chief00

Can’t believe anyone has any expectations after last year. A couple months go by and people forgot how often this team got blown out and was hardly competitive in many games. A new Adams and a post grad from the A10 are not going to make this team good overnight.
Chief00 has consistently said the focus is on recruiting for 2019/2020 season.

pj

Reaction Score

A McD's AA (Gilbert), a top 100 recruit (Wilson), a few post-grad transfers, a new Adams, and a bunch of big men becoming sophs rather than freshmen -- I think we can reasonably expect significant improvement. Not overnight, admittedly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom