SEC Regular Season 2023 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

SEC Regular Season 2023

Reaction Score
Anyone else tend to think in tiered groupings over rankings? Now that the regular season is over, I was looking at the list of teams and grouping them into tiers. This is my opinion on the tiers in the SEC:

Tier 1: South Carolina
Tier 2: LSU, Tennessee
Tier 3: Ole Miss, Miss St., Alabama, UGA
Tier 4: Arkansas, Missouri
Tier 5: Auburn, Florida, Vanderbilt
Tier 6: Texas A&M, Kentucky

The way I see it, each tier is performing at a similar level and with some lucky (or unlucky) bounces, each tier could easily be rearranged. What do you all think? Agree/disagree?

Reaction Score
Anyone else tend to think in tiered groupings over rankings? Now that the regular season is over, I was looking at the list of teams and grouping them into tiers. This is my opinion on the tiers in the SEC:

The way I see it, each tier is performing at a similar level and with some lucky (or unlucky) bounces, each tier could easily be rearranged. What do you all think? Agree/disagree?
That’s a pretty good assessment.

Reaction Score

Based on their League History. I would put LSU and SCar in the top tier 1

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Based on their Leauge History..I would put SU and SCar in the top tier 1
Yeah, I guess that is a fair point. I was factoring the whole body of work for the season as well as a general "eye test". I think there are multiple ways to look at it all. If I'm only factoring in SEC play then I think LSU deserves to be tier 1. LSU only has 1 SEC loss to USC, so it makes sense.

Reaction Score
4CE7AA7D-4565-4AE8-ACFE-B5DE4D26A14C.jpeg

Reaction Score
I wish Aliyah had lost DPOY - to Brea Beal.
Really? I love Brea and am so glad she finally got recognition for outstanding defense but Aliyah is THE reason our defense is so good - because she's able to switch off and defend just about any other player. Most of the time when you get a quicker player switched off on a post player it's money for the guard because they blow right by the post. That's not the case most of the time with Aliyah.

Reaction Score
Gameday will broadcast from the SEC Final-regardless of the winner. They are hoping for Scar VS LSU or Tenn.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Classy by Reese. Say what you want but she’s always seemed like a good teammate, hard worker and seems like a good kid who wants to grow the sport. Refreshing to see after players in recent years have gone on twitter rants after not getting awards they wanted, or watching others blatantly play for stat lines.

Reaction Score
Classy by Reese. Say what you want but she’s always seemed like a good teammate, hard worker and seems like a good kid who wants to grow the sport. Refreshing to see after players in recent years have gone on twitter rants after not getting awards they wanted, or watching others blatantly play for stat lines.

I think most these kids are competitors but have much respect for each other. Heck they are all pretty good friends off the court. It’s more the media trying to stroke tension and animosity between fanbases and even teams with some of their headlines recently

Reaction Score
I think most these kids are competitors but have much respect for each other. Heck they are all pretty good friends off the court. It’s more the media trying to stroke tension and animosity between fanbases and even teams with some of their headlines recently
Yep. After the game in Columbia Aliyah and Angel were chatting just like friends. Most of them have played USA ball for years and have become friends.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom