Season Tickets for 2019-2020 | The Boneyard

Season Tickets for 2019-2020

Reaction Score
Big changes coming from UConn. Seat rights are coming to Men's basketball season tickets. All the info will be out on the 20th. Renewals start April 1st.

Reaction Score
Big changes coming from UConn. Seat rights are coming to Men's basketball season tickets. All the info will be out on the 20th. Renewals start April 1st.

Does this mean seat lisenses?

Reaction Score
From what was told to me. Apparently there are people with 1,000s of points that haven't donated in years and keep getting the best seats. They figure with the seat rights they will get them to donate or allow the people willing to spend the money upgrade their seats.

Looking around most programs around the country use this model.

Reaction Score
From what was told to me. Apparently there are people with 1,000s of points that haven't donated in years and keep getting the best seats. They figure with the seat rights they will get them to donate or allow the people willing to spend the money upgrade their seats.

Looking around most programs around the country use this model.
This makes sense. Will it be a model where if you hit x amount of $ you get a specific level of seat OR would it be literally highest donor for the year gets first pick on seat and so on.

Reaction Score
This makes sense. Will it be a model where if you hit x amount of $ you get a specific level of seat OR would it be literally highest donor for the year gets first pick on seat and so on.
It will still be based on priority points but you have to be willing to pay whatever the seat donation is for certain seats. From what I was told it sounds like the best seats will be $400 a seat per venue on top of the ticket cost.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It will still be based on priority points but you have to be willing to pay whatever the seat donation is for certain seats. From what I was told it sounds like the best seats will be $400 a seat per venue on top of the ticket cost.

If you're donating enough to get those priority points, then another $400 isn't going to change your mind to start suddenly donating again. Its just going to piss you off.

Reaction Score
If you're donating enough to get those priority points, then another $400 isn't going to change your mind to start suddenly donating again. Its just going to piss you off.
What I meant was there are people that got priority points back in the 80s when they use to give tons out and haven’t donated since.

Reaction Score
I think for those donating, they will just redistribute the donation. I'm assuming this seat license is still considered a donation. so, if you were in a 400 a seat section and you were giving 5000 a year, you would not give 4200 + 800 (2 seats) and it would still be 5000. But for someone sitting in the 400 seats giving nothing, this will require a 800 donation on top of the price of the tix.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS... what we need is prices lowered, not increased by 200 dollars. Smh...

Reaction Score
What non conference schools are on the home schedule next year besides Florida? It just seems like the last few years, our home games with the largest attendance has been vs OOC teams.

Reaction Score
After buying season tickets starting in 1982, from 98-99 to 99-00 or seats went from lowered courtside to to upper in Gampel, no change in our donation but lots of new ticket buyers jumped in with large donations and pushed others back. Back down to lower level last year as many dropped out buying due to the fact we weren't winning anymore. Was an age old argument I used to have with athletic department about not rewarding loyalty - of donating and ticket purchase. They are now, but no retroactive credit.

Reaction Score
Timed my retirement and move out if state just right. Would cost me additional $2000 just to keep my current seats. Add in annual donation way more than this retired person can afford. This makes it a little easier to give up season tickets after 37 years. Be interesting to see how many people will shell out that kind of cash to see the likes of ECU, Tulane, Tulsa, USF. if we were in a power 5 and guaranteed quality opponents , maybe it would be worth it.

Ps - hard numbers? To retain seats I have had for years would gost me exactly 2186 more than I paid this year - buy both Gampel and XL.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Paid $576 for two tickets in the red section at XL Center last year. This says it's going to $486 this year, unless I'm missing something and you had to donate anyway to get better priority for seats. Again, I could be missing something but I don't think this is a bad thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom