Season Ticket Sales | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
15 isn't as bad as I could have been. I thought anything above 18 was good and 13 was a disaster. I thought 20 was completely out of reach.

2002 and ticket prices have nothing to do with it. It's the product on the field, the play, the results, and the opponents all of it.

My guess is we are looking at the last holdouts. If no new conference and another hopeless season will send attendance back through the floor. A little better schedule may entice a few to stick around, but we sure aren't attracting new fans.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
so in 2002 they had 11,300 at Memorial (?) And we're at roughly 15,000 now (?) Holy .

Good thing we play in East Hartford so its easier for all those extra season ticket holders to get there

/sarcasm

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Winning is the most important thing, it's the first step, but it's far from the only thing. Number two is playing teams we care about and that's not something people are going to warm up to in the AAC. I know, not saying anything earth shattering, but OOC becomes that much more critical.

After that there's a significant drop to things like game day experience (improving) and pricing and everything else.

Point is, it's all important, and no one should think we have the luxury of ONLY winning curing all our ills - it's only the first step.

Reaction Score
Winning is the most important thing, it's the first step, but it's far from the only thing. Number two is playing teams we care about and that's not something people are going to warm up to in the AAC. I know, not saying anything earth shattering, but OOC becomes that much more critical.

After that there's a significant drop to things like game day experience (improving) and pricing and everything else.

Point is, it's all important, and no one should think we have the luxury of ONLY winning curing all our ills - it's only the first step.

The other intangible that we aren't talking about is playing exciting football. Winning is most important, but if we can play in a way that is fun to watch, you'll get more butts in the stands.

What has driven me nuts about the team over the last few seasons is that on offense we are completely non-creative and boring in our approach. Offenses can succeed by having overwhelming athleticism or a tremendous system. Clearly we haven't had the athletes in quite some time, but if you can outplan and out-execute an opposing team's defense you can win. You can't do that by abandoning the passing game and running dives off tackle 95% of the time.

Our offenses are not only ineffective, but is boring as hell to watch.

Reaction Score

it does become a question of, if we run the table in the AAC, does THAT get people jacked up enough to spend the $$$ on season tickets? Would it move the needle?

Reaction Score
it does become a question of, if we run the table in the AAC, does THAT get people jacked up enough to spend the $$$ on season tickets? Would it move the needle?
To me winning football will breed season ticket sales...a winning program all of the sudden will put UCONN in the talk when CR gets mentioned..the down cycles will be able to get isolated like UL's did. But fact of the matter is games have to be won. The OOC schedule is getting better too so that will help.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Right now, I think a lot of people don't actually believe the football team will ever get us out of this crappy situation so they see no reason to pour money into the program. Win the AAC and you could probably gain a lot of momentum by selling the "We need to sell tickets to look more attractive to the B1G" angle. It's a show me attitude that most hardcores on a message board neither have nor approve of but that's just the way it is.

Reaction Score
Basketball is a different animal obviously but the XL Center was overflowing with fans for the AAC title game. If we're 10-2 and 8-0 in the league which should have us at least hovering near the top 25 do you think there'd be a problem getting at least high 38k or so to an AAC Title Game at the Rent? An inch of snow could be the only thing keeping fans away.

Reaction Score
From an original group of 8, down to just me. Ordered 2 reserved seats today out of a sheer sense of obligation. I don't know exactly how many games I will make due to my own kids activities/schedules, but If I know I can't make it and can't get rid of them I'll offer them up here with a parking pass for free. Let's go Huskies, beat NoVa.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
NYUConn said:
The other intangible that we aren't talking about is playing exciting football. Winning is most important, but if we can play in a way that is fun to watch, you'll get more butts in the stands. What has driven me nuts about the team over the last few seasons is that on offense we are completely non-creative and boring in our approach. Offenses can succeed by having overwhelming athleticism or a tremendous system. Clearly we haven't had the athletes in quite some time, but if you can outplan and out-execute an opposing team's defense you can win. You can't do that by abandoning the passing game and running dives off tackle 95% of the time. Our offenses are not only ineffective, but is boring as hell to watch.

Yep...you can be bad or boring, but don't be both.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Basketball is a different animal obviously but the XL Center was overflowing with fans for the AAC title game. If we're 10-2 and 8-0 in the league which should have us at least hovering near the top 25 do you think there'd be a problem getting at least high 38k or so to an AAC Title Game at the Rent? An inch of snow could be the only thing keeping fans away.

The XL Center was overflowing with fans for the AAC title game, but the sad thing is that none of the games leading up to the championship were anywhere near as crowded. We're lucky Uconn even went that far, otherwise it would have been an embarrassing ghost town.

That being said, if UConn is sporting a record like that, I'd expect the Rent to get close to 40K. In the immortal words of David Puddy, "You gotta support the team!"

Reaction Score
Wasn't sure where else to put it. A nice offer to the 10K Hartford Healthcare Employees. Can't agree with the spending a healthy day at the football field. Beer, Food, Beer, Agita....

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 80

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I just clicked on the link (Wife works for HHC). According to the UConnhuskies website, seats in the upper corners are made available for that promotion (At least for Navy). When you don't put in the promotional code, it looks like the Navy game will be pretty well attended, but I fear they are pulling a BYU-2014 again. We may purchase tickets for Navy just to get my wife and son in the building, but they will sit with the tailgate group in the lower bowl.

Reaction Score
What really moves the needle on attendance and viewership is more than winning while playing exciting football. It's having a superstar everyone wants to see play. Star power sells. Arkeel Newsome could be a breakout star. Maybe it's Shireffs. Diaco can be one of those guys.
Now add in promotion and you create a buzz. The Rent is where it's at and where you should be. There's lots to do to make it happen and we've hashed that out in past years. As for right now it's a simple progression:
Beat Nova, win again, win some more, excite the crowd even in a loss, promote the stars, advertise the product, go to a Bowl, rinse and repeat.

Reaction Score
The XL Center was overflowing with fans for the AAC title game, but the sad thing is that none of the games leading up to the championship were anywhere near as crowded. We're lucky Uconn even went that far, otherwise it would have been an embarrassing ghost town.

That being said, if UConn is sporting a record like that, I'd expect the Rent to get close to 40K. In the immortal words of David Puddy, "You gotta support the team!"
I agree it would have been a ghost town if UConn did not make it to finals. But I think you can say that for any AAC tourney where the home team does not win. We had a group of 10 that went to Memphis for the first AAC tourney. After UConn beat Memphis we got 10 tickets for $50 ( $ 5 per ticket ) for semis and finals. There may have been 2,000 - 3000 people there for those 2 games.

Unfortunately I don't think it would have been an embarrassment for Hartford , as much as the AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom