Season Ticket Sales | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know the price has already been reduced, but do you think they reduce student season ticket prices to get more students at the games?

Reaction Score
I know the price has already been reduced, but do you think they reduce student season ticket prices to get more students at the games?
they always have a waiting list for those tickets....maybe they should just keep selling them this year. They may lose $ per seat on the ticket..BUT some $ with an a s s in the seat is better than nothing

Reaction Score

How much is it? Still $7 a game? Doubt lowering it to $5 or something will make much of a difference, if any. All about the product.

Reaction Score
How much is it? Still $7 a game? Doubt lowering it to $5 or something will make much of a difference, if any. All about the product.

$42, so yeah $7 a game. I'd without a doubt buy the tickets if they were $30.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
$42, so yeah $7 a game. I'd without a doubt buy the tickets if they were $30.
So you didn't due to $12? -I will kick in $12.

Yeah, I mean I'll pay for your full season if I have to. We need students at our home games. Plain and simple. I understand it's a tough sell and I completely understand if people are taking a "wait and see" attitude with this season/team. But if the issue is money (or $12), then I'm sure there are folks here, including me, that would be MORE than willing to help.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I mean I'll pay for your full season if I have to. We need students at our home games. Plain and simple. I understand it's a tough sell and I completely understand if people are taking a "wait and see" attitude with this season/team. But if the issue is money (or $12), then I'm sure there are folks here, including me, that would be MORE than willing to help.

Exactly. I mean I don't want to be taken advantage of but I'm absolutely willing to buy more tickets for those that need the help.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
From 32,000 season tickets to 15,000?

By all means, don't reduce ticket prices, don't let the media cover and tweet the hell out of the team, have your SID blocking student reporters. That extra hour of tailgating should fix everything.

Reaction Score

By all means, don't reduce ticket prices, don't let the media cover and tweet the hell out of the team, have your SID blocking student reporters. That extra hour of tailgating should fix everything.
The ONLY thing that is going to fix the problem is by putting a better product on the field and winning games.....the 15,000 of us...most of whom have been at the Rent from day 1 will be able to say we got to see this thing turn around...and saw some REAL UGLY UGLY times!

Reaction Score

Some posters on this board were screaming for them to do things differently when the times were good. Never understood why they didn't market BCS football more heavily in the state. They have screwed the pooch on UConn FB at every turn, didn't market/promote this thing at its peak, made the worse possible hire at a cross roads moment, and have chased people away with screw ups in the ticket office. @FDNY99 is correct though. The ONLY thing they could do at the moment is to start winning, and play some damn fb that isn't as entertaining as watching paint dry.

Reaction Score
Some posters on this board were screaming for them to do things differently when the times were good. Never understood why they didn't market BCS football more heavily in the state. They have screwed the pooch on UConn FB at every turn, didn't market/promote this thing at its peak, made the worse possible hire ath cross roads moment, and have chased people away with screw ups in the ticket office. @FDNY99 is correct though. The ONLY thing they could do at the moment is to start winning, and play some damn fb that isn't as entertaining as watching paint dry.
As far as marketing the program ...@noeynox I lay that blame on 1 person and 1 person only...Jeff Hathaway. Enough said on that one though...that horse has been shot, kicked, skinned, and then rekicked WAY too many times to count on on here!

Reaction Score

You could have done all of that, and if our record is what it was, you might have 1000 extra tickets. CT loves a winner. That's it.

Reaction Score

I'm going to end up getting the tickets, but $12 goes a long way at UConn.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I agree that wining cures all ills but this is the equivalent of giving the patient blood letting to help bleed the infection out.

Reaction Score
in a general sense, how many season tickets used to be sold for Memorial Stadium?

Reaction Score
in a general sense, how many season tickets used to be sold for Memorial Stadium?
I can tell you when I had them in the 90's I was seated on the Gampel side in the metal bleachers...they were great seats right above the visiting team bench 20-25' from the field. If I had to guess maybe 4000 to 5000.

Reaction Score
I can tell you when I had them in the 90's I was seated on the Gampel side in the metal bleachers...they were great seats right above the visiting team bench 20-25' from the field. If I had to guess maybe 4000 to 5000.

As the momentum was building for us to play in the Big East, I find the student season ticket head count interesting.

"UConn’s season-ticket base for 2002 stands at a school record of approximately 11,300 while the Huskies have also sold a record of approximately 600 student season-tickets."

Reaction Score
As the momentum was building for us to play in the Big East, I find the student season ticket head count interesting.

"UConn’s season-ticket base for 2002 stands at a school record of approximately 11,300 while the Huskies have also sold a record of approximately 600 student season-tickets."

so in 2002 they had 11,300 at Memorial (?) And we're at roughly 15,000 now (?) Holy .

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You could have done all of that, and if our record is what it was, you might have 1000 extra tickets. CT loves a winner. That's it.
Agreed. How many times did we hear people last year saying they had an extra pair of tickets and couldn't find anyone to take it for free?

Reaction Score
Agreed. How many times did we hear people last year saying they had an extra pair of tickets and couldn't find anyone to take it for free?

I was able to sell BYU. Everything else couldn't even be given away.

Reaction Score
Win. Football. Games.

Sure having the old Big East foes on the schedule would help, but you cannot reasonably expect to increase season ticket sales coming off a 2-10 season where the last two home games of the year featured UConn getting waxed 41-0 to Cincy and then losing 27-20 to one of the worst teams in FBS.

Reaction Score
It was a foregone conclusion by about week 2 last season, that this season would be the worst ticket sales season in Rentschler history unless something significantly changed with the actual product on the field. Nothing changed and it got worse.

The good news, is that the football program at this point pretty much knows who and how many it's true core fanbase is. Whatever the number is. I suspect those of us that actually go to the game Sept. 3, will know how many. The stadium will be one of those half-full situations I would guess.

The reality is that we are 15-33 overall since going 8-4 in 2010 and losing the Fiesta Bowl and we have an abysmal home field record. We are 11-16 at home since 2010. (4-17 on the road).

2011 was the last winning season at home with a 4-3 record. We went from 11/9/12 to 11/30/13 without a single win at home. If you play numbers games, and remove the Casey Cochran starts at the end of 2013, which you can pretty much do, since Casey was really the only reason we competed on offense, in any time b/w 2012 and 2014, we are quite literally a Deshon Foxx punt return against Stony Brook from not winning a single home game from the Pitt game in Nov. 2012, until the Nor-easter freezing rain out of the Florida team from Orlando to initiate the Civil Conflict in Nov. 2014.

Think about that for a second. Minus Casey Cochran's very brief career as the starting QB at UCONN, we went nearly 2 complete calendar years without a home field win. Deshon Foxx's return against fekking Stony Brook being the only consolation, and imagine, just imagine if the weather wasn't what it was aginst UCF in Nov. 2014.

The fanbase at UCONN was built on winning games at home. That's what Edsall did. He found a way to build a team that dominated the field at Rentschler against everyone except West Virginia really.

Until we can start winning at home again, like we used to in the late 00s, I'm not going to be concerned about the fans and ticket sales. If we are winning again, and the stadium isn't full, then we've got a problem, but I'll believe that to be a problem when I see it. hasn't happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99