Season Ticket Sales | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Memphis never reported what their total was last year, which allows them to say they are ahead of last year's numbers already.
Yeah but they were good last year so they probably really are ahead of last year.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Well I like the Fooball team but just not enoughto get excited. Even when they have a little semblance of offense it is scrapped for ugly football. The team is just not to watch with their ugly offense and losing so many games. There is no tradition unfortunately to grow with and no excitement to look forward to. It really is going to be an uphill climb for the football program. I live and die with UCONN's men basketball and always will. I don't really even care about the Women's basketball team that much but at least they have a tradition. I do hope for he school's sake though they can start winning.
Your myopic affiliation with one team is exactly the problem. Live and die with UConn, not one UConn sport.

Reaction Score
Your myopic affiliation with one team is exactly the problem. Live and die with UConn, not one UConn sport.

Bingo. I was getting amped earlier this week by a women's exhibition soccer game. I'd tune into a XC meet if they streamed it on UConnHuskies.com.

Love the university, not the team.

Reaction Score
Not many were going to UConn hockey road games when we were in the Atlantic Hockey Association. :rolleyes: I've been to a few but wish I went to more.

Such little appreciation for sport (and the state/school) and so much appreciation for bright lights.

Reaction Score
Lol! I have been following Uconn basketball for more than 35 years and I live and die behind it. Sorry if I don't follow sports I have no interest in at all. I'm an alumini and former resident but I prefer watching only men's basketball as my time is limited. I hope women's basketball continues to do well and the football team can at least get back to being decent. I do support the unviversity in other ways through donations. I don't have to be an avid fan of all the sports and teams when I have no interest in following. If Uconn plays here in Atlanta I have gone to football games but otherwise I'm not going to spend all my time following or watching them. I even went to their first bowl game in Detroit.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Move the soccer team to Rentschler and many here like Waquoit will be ecstatic.

Reaction Score
Lol! I have been following Uconn basketball for more than 35 years and I live and die behind it. Sorry if I don't follow sports I have no interest in at all. I'm an alumini and former resident but I prefer watching only men's basketball as my time is limited. I hope women's basketball continues to do well and the football team can at least get back to being decent. I do support the unviversity in other ways through donations. I don't have to be an avid fan of all the sports and teams when I have no interest in following. If Uconn plays here in Atlanta I have gone to football games but otherwise I'm not going to spend all my time following or watching them. I even went to their first bowl game in Detroit.

Some die-hard football fans on this board have invested less time and energy than it took you to write the above post. At least be consistent and go post these same thoughts on the boards of all the other UCONN sports you don't have time to follow. That way ... your dislike for the football team won't look so obvious ...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Move the soccer team to Rentschler and many here like Waquoit will be ecstatic.
That makes no sense at all. But I'm not surprised. As Lou Grant said, "How come when I see a duck, I expect it to quack?"

Reaction Score
Agreed. Being a fan should be fun. Being an alumni is an obligation.

This is actually a great point.

I get really riled up over all UConn sports because I am an alumni. I remember pulling hard for track and XC guys because I used to party with them. I remember having classes with the soccer guys and the time that Rashad Anderson found my buddies cell phone and tracked him down to give it back to him.

I don't know that I would have that kind of affiliation had I not gone to school in Storrs.

So that said, I can appreciate the folks here that are simply UConn basketball fans.

However, I will say that regardless of whether you're all in on UConn athletics or just in it for one particular sport, it's foolish not to acknowledge that the future success of all UConn sports is tied to the well-being of our Football program. Like it or not, that's our reality now and has been ever since we jumped to FBS.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
That makes no sense at all. But I'm not surprised. As Lou Grant said, "How come when I see a duck, I expect it to quack?"
It's sarcasm. It makes sense as you and the other communist kickball lovers defend the use of the Rent for 1 game a year of exhibition soccer on grass to the detriment of our FB players.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's sarcasm. It makes sense as you and the other communist kickball lovers defend the use of the Rent for 1 game a year of exhibition soccer on grass to the detriment of our FB players.

This is a scorching hot 1970's idiot take.

Reaction Score
FWIW, I just purchased 6 single-game tickets for the 'Nova game in Section 105, Row 5. Don't know what the lower bowl at the Rent seats, but plenty of good seats still available.

Reaction Score
Welp, decided to pull the trigger and purchase season tix again.

Even though I'll probably only get up there for 1-2 games this season, I look at it as a donation to the program. Regardless I'll have some free tix to give away this fall to any Boneyard students or folks who don't have the funds at the moment.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Detriment? Natural is best. Didn't the Steelers lose one of their best players a few days ago? And blame Field Turf?

Reaction Score
Tucked into a Jeff Jacob article that will appear in print tomorrow:

>>Although an exact number wasn't available Saturday, at last check UConn's Mike Enright said the school had sold in the neighborhood of 15,000 season tickets. This is approximately half the high-water mark of 32,000 set in 2005. After selling 22,000 in 2012, the number rose to 24,500 in 2013 with home games against Michigan and Randy Edsall's Maryland Terps before taking a small dip last year. One could argue that when the school needs it most, interest in UConn football is at its lowest point since going big time in 2003.<<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Couple of funny items there.

1. Oh they don't know the exact number?

2. Since they count everything from the cheerleaders to the band to the janitors in the season ticket number you think if it's 17k down you could argue interest is at it's lowest?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Couple of funny items there.

1. Oh they don't know the exact number?

2. Since they count everything from the cheerleaders to the band to the janitors in the season ticket number you think if it's 17k down you could argue interest is at it's lowest?
I don't think they count those folk in the season ticket numbers, they count them in the total attendance on gameday.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think they count those folk in the season ticket numbers, they count them in the total attendance on gameday.

They count the band for sure, I wouldn't be shocked if they count the cheerleaders. Janitors was a joke, but they might want to start.

Reaction Score
15000 season tickets. I used to joke about joining conference USA. We are heading toward the Yankee conference. Did Scott Haney predict an inch of snow for every game?

Reaction Score
I've been a ticket holder for years but have had a hectic summer and just ordered my tickets yesterday. There may be more folks like me who are still big fans but are lacking the urgency to get tickets this year.

Also FWIW Young Alumni tickets are 96 freaking dollars. And for those who are neither young nor alumni you don't have to be to get those seats apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom