Sean Miller on the hot seat? | The Boneyard

Sean Miller on the hot seat?

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
We wouldn't have a chance at any of their recruits regardless, but Terry Armstrong is one of the most underrated players in the class. That kid is a really good all around and has great size. Not sure what's separating him from a kid like 5* Keion Brooks.

Reaction Score
Let’s be realistic...even if UConn could steal one of those guys they would never get to play because the NCAA would suspend them after a lengthy investigation. Now if they ended up at Kentucky, Duke or UNC I’m sure they wouldn’t even look into any impermissible benefits that good ole Sean Miller may have slipped them and they’d be eligible from day 1.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Let’s be realistic...even if UConn could steal one of those guys they would never get to play because the NCAA would suspend them after a lengthy investigation. Now if they ended up at Kentucky, Duke or UNC I’m sure they wouldn’t even look into any impermissible benefits that good ole Sean Miller may have slipped them and they’d be eligible from day 1.
Not so sure about that.

Reaction Score
Not so sure about that.

Have you been following the news over the past 5 years regarding NCAA violations and punishments? Just wondering. UConn is currently taking a scholarship hit for next year presumably because one of our coach’s former college teammates called our coach while a recruit was visiting. In the meantime UNC had over 10 years of “fake classes” and we have a whole bunch of coaches who have been documented by the FBI for paying recruits indirectly through sponsors to go to certain schools. Those guys (other than Pitino) are all still coaching. I haven’t seen any penalties for AZ or Kansas or anyone else listed in those reports. Do you really think the NCAA will drop the hammer on those schools? If you have been paying attention at all the answer is “no they won’t”.

CL82

Reaction Score
Have you been following the news over the past 5 years regarding NCAA violations and punishments? Just wondering. UConn is currently taking a scholarship hit for next year presumably because one of our coach’s former college teammates called our coach while a recruit was visiting. In the meantime UNC had over 10 years of “fake classes” and we have a whole bunch of coaches who have been documented by the FBI for paying recruits indirectly through sponsors to go to certain schools. Those guys (other than Pitino) are all still coaching. I haven’t seen any penalties for AZ or Kansas or anyone else listed in those reports. Do you really think the NCAA will drop the hammer on those schools? If you have been paying attention at all the answer is “no they won’t”.
I think that there would need to be pretty compelling evidence to take away a kid's eligibility. It's happened but only when the kid is caught red handed. So I can see a scenario where a Miller is out but kids are still eligible. Your comment really isn't relevant to that.

pj

Reaction Score

Granted that the NCAA has double standards in regard to schools, they are going to be very reluctant to punish players, especially future NBA players. As long as there is a veneer of cover that the recruit wasn't aware of the money changing hands, the NCAA will be loath to force recruits out of college and into the pros, when the NCAA is making a billion dollars a year out of these players.

Reaction Score
Not so sure about that.
Caron Butler, Charlie Villanueva, Ryan Boatright x2. I am sure there are several others I just don't remember off the top of my head. Historically, the NCAA has seemed eager to sit UCONN recruits.

CL82

Reaction Score
Caron Butler, Charlie Villanueva, Ryan Boatright x2. I am sure there are several others I just don't remember off the top of my head. Historically, the NCAA has seemed eager to sit UCONN recruits.
Fair enough. I agree I can see them slow walking the clearance process. That seems to be the norm with our players.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I think that there would need to be pretty compelling evidence to take away a kid's eligibility. It's happened but only when the kid is caught red handed. So I can see a scenario where a Miller is out but kids are still eligible. Your comment really isn't relevant to that.
Come on CL. There is pretty compelling evidence that Zion’s father got something. Why you think K had to go out on offense.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sean Miller should still have a seat - it caught fire and disintegrated.

How he is still employed, I have no idea.

CL82

Reaction Score
Come on CL. There is pretty compelling evidence that Zion’s father got something. Why you think K had to go out on offense.
I'm not sure what your point is. If it's that Duke is dirty, we are in agreement. I was talking about Miller's recruits and whether they might be able to play next year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Everyone keeps talking about the "big guys" evading penalties and complaining about it.
UConn, Mizzu and a few others are the ones that are made as examples and that's the way it's always going to be until they clean house at the NCAA - fat chance
It sucks

Reaction Score
What would happen if every P5 school unilaterally withdrew from the NCAA? I’m surprised there’s never any talk of this. After all the schools fund the NCAA, so it stands to reason the NCAA should work for its members, not against them.

Reaction Score
What would happen if every P5 school unilaterally withdrew from the NCAA? I’m surprised there’s never any talk of this. After all the schools fund the NCAA, so it stands to reason the NCAA should work for its members, not against them.

They do work for its members............some of them. The rest, like UConn take the heat.

Reaction Score
Everyone keeps talking about the "big guys" evading penalties and complaining about it.
UConn, Mizzu and a few others are the ones that are made as examples and that's the way it's always going to be until they clean house at the NCAA - fat chance
It sucks
What I don’t get is why
Is Arizona a “big guy” and we are not? How many NC’s does Arizona have? The last two years are anomalies. Our over all performance the last 20 years is better than Arizona. How does Arizona get all these 5 stars? I have to think there is some shady business going on.

Reaction Score
If Jim Calhoun was still at UConn and they had texts and calls knowingly of him doing business with Nike to provide financial payments to players/recruits parents we'd be cooked I have no doubt. The fact Self, Miller and so many others are still coaching and their teams are eligible to play in the tourney is a crime.

Many here still want to hammer KO for those little stupid things he did and we see it on ESPN. But nothing for these pieces of crap and when there's a game there's no discussion about it either. NCAA and ESPN are all pitiful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom