Scrimmage at the Rent today? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Scrimmage at the Rent today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wondering who between the RB's and TE's can pass block.

Reaction Score
I can add that Des missed Browns scouts too, I think. I saw him report pats and falcons.

Reaction Score
Tough to hear some parts as the mic was facing the wind it appears.:

You would think in 2015 somebody would be smart enough to tape some foam around the mic on their I-Phones or regular mics. Geez Louise if your standing out in the middle of an open field wouldn't you want some kind of wind suppression? I have it on my blue tooth head set for crying out loud.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Back to back delay of game penalties.

Yeah they are totally going to destroy Villanova.

Reaction Score
Honestly if a guy who coached at Florida and northern Iowa (can hang with any fbs team) can't fix our o line is there anyone that can fix it? Wow. No improvement. D going to be on the field all game again. Too bad. Well as I type this looks like we can have an offensive line rivalry with the buccaneers

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Honestly if a guy who coached at Florida and northern Iowa (can hang with any fbs team) can't fix our o line is there anyone that can fix it? Wow. No improvement. D going to be on the field all game again. Too bad. Well as I type this looks like we can have an offensive line rivalry with the buccaneers

Yes, because one poor intrasquad scrimmage means that it can never be fixed. Absolutely.

Reaction Score

Or BC. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...ne_has_a_long_way_to_go_after_first_scrimmage

There were some positives it appeared also, but first scrimmage, new coach, new center, new qb seems too soon to stick a knife in the o-line IMO. They haven't even hit double digit practices yet.

Reaction Score
I try to be positive. Many of my prior posts will show this. But frustration is setting in. How many teams are we going to make look like the 85 bears. Still going to cheer and drink lots of beer

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Help me out. Are we playing Villanova next Saturday or on Sept 3rd?

While there certainly will be growing pains, can we be sure our OL won't be any better in 19 more days?

Sure they can be better. Is everyone else going to stop practicing? Are the opponents on the schedule trying to figure out how to snap the ball without a delay of game in an empty stadium?

There are so many red flags in that article it's frightening.

Reaction Score
Sure they can be better. Is everyone else going to stop practicing? Are the opponents on the schedule trying to figure out how to snap the ball without a delay of game in an empty stadium?

There are so many red flags in that article it's frightening.
Yes it is sad. We have a coach from Iowa. Known for prestigious offensive lines and A guy from northern Iowa and a guy that coached a first round offensive tackle. Our offensive line is 6'5 300 lbs and very strong Tell me who can fix this situation? Frustrating to think everything that can be done is being done maybe we just need time

Reaction Score
Honest question. Will Villanove have as good a defense as we have and will they have our playbook so they have an idea of what play is probably being called?

Ok, so maybe it's not an honest question.

I'm going to put my money on our defense being better and deeper than Villanova's.

Reaction Score
Yes it is sad. We have a coach from Iowa. Known for prestigious offensive lines and A guy from northern Iowa and a guy that coached a first round offensive tackle. Our offensive line is 6'5 300 lbs and very strong Tell me who can fix this situation? Frustrating to think everything that can be done is being done maybe we just need time
the defensive line is the strength of our entire team. This year they will make a lot of Olines look bad. Campenni and Fatukasi will both be top lineman in the AAC and the front 7 has a great chance at being the best in the AAC

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Honest question. Will Villanove have as good a defense as we have and will they have our playbook so they have an idea of what play is probably being called?

Ok, so maybe it's not an honest question.

I'm going to put my money on our defense being better and deeper than Villanova's.

No Villanova won't have a better defense.

They do have a better offense....

Reaction Score
No Villanova won't have a better defense.

They do have a better offense....
In other words we have to score at least 17 to win. Think about the possibility of that happening

Reaction Score
Again, Defense will be the strength of our team. BUT with a running Villanova QB and Army and Navy running the option I hope we are preparing for that.In recent years when we had the open to the fan practices it was obvious our O-line struggled with pass pro. These three teams won't allow us to corral the QB and crush the pocket. How well we defend these running QB's will determine if our offense will be able to run the ball a lot until our pass offense joins the rest of college football. If we can get our running game back it will give us a chance to compete and give the D a rest. Getting the shotgun snap down is a must as well. That skill could determine who will start at center.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Army is going to be so bad it's almost impossible to lose to them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
5 or 6 true freshman on the 2-deep would be a terrible turn of events.

If that is true it's straight blind faith.

Reaction Score
Army is going to be so bad it's almost impossible to lose to them.

In our house I hope so. With our DT's their fullback should be eliminated which makes the QB take a pounding.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sarcasm accepted but they only return one starting wide receiver from last year.

That could be a problem for sure - their season win total was still set at 8.5 for a reason - they have first world problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom