Scouting Villanova | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scouting Villanova

Reaction Score
Just watch the ball fakes and jumping in the air too soon for a block- Villanova is very smart with this, and UConn has been prone to fouling in these situations. Of all the players, Cole has to stay in the game and not foul out of it.

It’s not Cole that worries me unless he’s reaching too much. Cole might actually pick up a charge if he times one of their hard step backs. Let’s see how the refs call that as well as the hook they get away with a lot on the back in.

It’s Andre, Polley, Hawkins, Gaff and even our smartest defender Whaley that have huge issues staying on the ground. Hopefully practice with 75 pound vests in order to keep that in mind all week.

Reaction Score
Not sure going zone against a team that takes half its shots from 3 with 4 guys above 37% in their 6 man rotation is a good idea.

The games they’ve lost they crappy. Give it a run see where that goes. Again not all zone at all but mix it up.

Reaction Score
Nova is a nightmare matchup for us. Facing them at home coming off a loss is a real uphill battle.
Agreed. Nightmare match-up, they will use our aggressiveness against us. Ball fakes, back door cuts and visions of open 3s are bumming me out. We need to not try and block every shot this game. We need to control both boards and control/dictate the tempo. We need to control the TOs and the empty possessions.

Reaction Score
They have nobody who can stop Sanogo, he should be able to get anything he wants inside
Dixon isn't bad. If he gets in foul trouble on the other hand... But he doesn't wildly challenge and plays pretty conservatively on defense. I do agree he's still the guy we have to attack. Sanogo has to go strong though. Ideally maybe we even post Whaley instead with Samuels on him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They have nobody who can stop Sanogo, he should be able to get anything he wants inside
We’ve been struggling to feed Adama, and i’m sure Wright has a gameplan for him. Nova has some long guys as well. Adama need to go into the chest rather than settle for the long prayer hook shots. Someone on the staff has to stress to him to get into his position, because he is strong enough to do so.

Reaction Score
We’ve been struggling to feed Adama, and i’m sure Wright has a gameplan for him. Nova has some long guys as well. Adama need to go into the chest rather than settle for the long prayer hook shots. Someone on the staff has to stress to him to get into his position, because he is strong enough to do so.
Yeah I mean, if the Adama from the last 2 games shows up it's not much of an advantage. He really just needs to get into position deep into the paint, it seems like 90% of his misses come when he's posted up 12 feet out instead of 5-6 feet

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean, if the Adama from the last 2 games shows up it's not much of an advantage. He really just needs to get into position deep into the paint, it seems like 90% of his misses come when he's posted up 12 feet out instead of 5-6 feet
every broadcaster seems to make this point and I think it’s imperative - Adama needs to learn that if he gets the touch that far out and can’t immediately spin past his guy, it’s either got to be a kick right back out and a repost, or a savvy dribble or two to draw a double and leave a man open. It’s simply not effective from that far out.

Reaction Score

This is how we win. A full strength Nova is next to impossible for us unless they have an abysmal shooting night and/or Sanogo drops a 30 piece. They just are too steady and too skilled for us. We feast on teams that panic... Nova never does.

I'm feeling surprisingly good about tomorrow. I said last week we were due for a clunker and a surprising road win. Well, we have the clunker. I think tomorrow might just be our day.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm sure Sanoga will will us to victory and no other nightmare matchups will matter.

Reaction Score
Dixon isn't bad. If he gets in foul trouble on the other hand... But he doesn't wildly challenge and plays pretty conservatively on defense. I do agree he's still the guy we have to attack. Sanogo has to go strong though. Ideally maybe we even post Whaley instead with Samuels on him.

Actually if we go to Sanogo we should be sure Isaiah isn’t roaming out on the perimeter. Have you seen his put backs the last 2-3 games? His size could hurt Nova on Sanogos misses. But also like the thought of posting him as well, size matters there. If we hammer the interior it could open better looks later for the “shooters”. Will be interesting to see the plan on O and D as well.

Reaction Score
This is gonna be a gem.....noone blows us out...and we'll need that Auburn performance. Our D is peaking, and we can't possibly shoot this poor again.

Reaction Score
Well a constant this season is that we don’t get blown out. Whether we win or lose expect a game that is terrible for all of our hearts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom