Scouting Villanova | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Scouting Villanova

Reaction Score

New combinations?: On the heels of Tuesday night’s loss to Creighton, in which the Bluejays dared some of UConn’s players to shoot from 3, Hurley is thinking of making some changes on Saturday.

“Get these guys in a little bit earlier, break up some of combinations of groups that have struggled shooting. Maybe get Andre (Jackson) in there more with a shooter on the wing next to him, as opposed to the group too many extended minutes where there’s maybe three guys on the court that the other team isn’t gonna play on the perimeter.”

Reaction Score
New combinations?: On the heels of Tuesday night’s loss to Creighton, in which the Bluejays dared some of UConn’s players to shoot from 3, Hurley is thinking of making some changes on Saturday.

“Get these guys in a little bit earlier, break up some of combinations of groups that have struggled shooting. Maybe get Andre (Jackson) in there more with a shooter on the wing next to him, as opposed to the group too many extended minutes where there’s maybe three guys on the court that the other team isn’t gonna play on the perimeter.”

Love to read this. Just wonder why it took this long. Why experiment with this case Nova?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Should’ve been obvious from the beginning of the season.

Reaction Score
to be honest, i am worried about all of our guys getting posted up. our post defense has been suspect all year, and everyone on nova's team is capable of backing in, flapping their off arm, pump-faking, and drawing our guys up in the air.
Agree. This is a real weakness for us. Other than Whalley for down low help, most of our defense won't help, they just look or ignore what seems to be repeated from the other team. I have recurring bad memories of getting out posted.

Reaction Score

This is somewhat distressing. Its February and our lineup is still uncertain.

By now there should be continuity, expectations and a good harmony among the starting 5. Mix and match is fine till January, but to be doing this now is not a good sign. He's running out of time to find the solution.

My hope is if he finds the successful combos that he stick to it, and allow it to develop even with mistakes.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
This is somewhat distressing. Its February and our lineup is still uncertain.

By now there should be continuity, expectations and a good harmony among the starting 5. Mix and match is fine till January, but to be doing this now is not a good sign. He's running out of time to find the solution.

My hope is if he finds the successful combo that he stick to it, and allow it to develop even with mistakes.
I think the starting 5 is intact and won't change. He is talking about his rotations ("Get these guys in a little earlier")

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think the starting 5 is intact and won't change. He is talking about his rotations ("Get these guys in a little earlier")
Unfortunately I agree. I have hated our starting five all season for the exact reason that it is a terrible offensive combination of players and frequently creates a deficit out of which we have to climb. But it has been crystal clear that he accepts that downside because he believes it is the best defensive lineup.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Is he going to consider calling a timeout or just site and watch 9 minutes of terrible basketball and wait for a game stoppage?

Reaction Score
Love to read this. Just wonder why it took this long. Why experiment with this case Nova?
I think it's a situation where our weakness was finally actually exploited, so it's time to adapt. And at the same time, Nova's defenders cooperate in this shift. They play basically 1 big, 1 wing, and 3 strong combo guards. And then when the big goes out, it's a wing and 4 combo guards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom