Score predictions for Maryland game | The Boneyard

Score predictions for Maryland game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As always, who wins it.....by what margin......and, as a tie-breaker, what do you think the score will be? And Happy New Year to one and all.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
79 - 75 UConn Really close game. MD has some weapons and I see some foul trouble getting in the way.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Tough game, but home court will not be an advantage for the turtles, particularly with students on break. Huskies by eight, 77 - 69

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
80-73 UConn.

Refs decide they need to call it tight in the first half, and Williams and/or Collier pick up phantom fouls. Butler holds down the fort. We have a big third quarter, like Ohio State. A taffy pull but in the end, a "W".

green.jpg

Reaction Score
I have drawn on great historical predictors of future events to form my WCBB predictions. This week I'll query the late, great, NOSTRADAMUS. Here is a picture of the wise man:

upload_2016-12-27_18-2-44.png

I have had to extrapolate from his many writings material pertinent to the UConn/MD game.

1. “It is my belief that the things we focus our attention upon grow in strength.” The BY is the apotheosis of focused attention. Every aspect of our beloved team is examined, turned this way and that; nothing is beyond our consideration. So, due to the BY, give UConn the edge.
2. “. . . the countries of the world [will] come together to save the situation.” This means that a player from another nation will come to “save” UConn. Here the great man is expostulating on the virtues of STARTING (Canadian) KIA NURSE. He has never been wrong in this regard.
3. Sadly, Nostradamus does not do exact scores, but he did say that “power is put in the hands of the good people” so, like his comrade Massey, he gives the Huskies an 85% chance of prevailing.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I never seem to be that close on these things so anyone who picks a score close to mine is in trouble!

Maryland has not played a tough schedule, but we all poo-poohed their schedule last year, and they gave UCONN the closest game of the season. I have a feeling it will be similar. I'm going with a 9 point UCONN win...

UCONN 74
Maryland 65

I think MD has weapons to bother UCONN - a big/strong post player and quick guards who can shoot the 3-ball. I do think this will be a very tough game - similar to FSU. But I think UCONN will make a few runs of 6-0 or 8-2 or something like that and then we will have to weather Maryland's push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom