Score predictions for Maryland game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Score predictions for Maryland game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn 77-61. All teams have a tough time with UCONN's lockdown defense and Maryland's ytd cupcake schedule is really going to make it even harder on them. I just don't see them being able to put up the points necessary to hang with our super Huskies!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I can see UConn in a runaway for 2 reasons: (1) Maryland's schedule has not prepared them for UConn, whereas UConn's schedule has prepared them for a tough game. (2) Maryland starts 2 highly regarded freshmen, whereas UConn starts 2 very highly regarded sophomores. That extra year of experience is big. Destiny Slocum and Kaila Charles have never faced the intensity that they will see tonight.

That said, Maryland played us VERY close last year on a neutral court and has some good players. Both Brionna Jones and SWK shoot high percentages. They are a good team. Are they a top 6 team or a top 2 team?

My biggest concerns? Foul trouble is one, of course, but my biggest concern is illness. This feels a little like the Stanford game that ended the 90-game streak. It's the same time of year, and Geno and Tiffany were very sick, plus Maya may have been sick. If Geno and the team are healthy tonight, I think we win. If illness is a problem for us, it could be very tight.

I tend to get more nervous and worried as game time approaches. Back in October, I thought the ND game was the toughest game on the schedule and Baylor was the second toughest. I saw tonight's game as a win. I hope that initial thought was right.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
My biggest concerns? Foul trouble is one, of course, but my biggest concern is illness. This feels a little like the Stanford game that ended the 90-game streak. It's the same time of year, and Geno and Tiffany were very sick, plus Maya may have been sick. If Geno and the team are healthy tonight, I think we win. If illness is a problem for us, it could be very tight.

Somebody will be sick after this game?

Reaction Score
This has been my worry game for a while...a loss tonight might not be as bad a thing as some would think. My sense is that entering the NCAA tournament being undefeated and with a 100 plus game win streak would add a lot of pressure in what will be a very competitive series of games. Terps 81-74. We could look back at this game as the one that made us a better contender for the NC.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This has been my worry game for a while...a loss tonight might not be as bad a thing as some would think. My sense is that entering the NCAA tournament being undefeated and with a 100 plus game win streak would add a lot of pressure in what will be a very competitive series of games. Terps 81-74. We could look back at this game as the one that made us a better contender for the NC.

The best thing that could have happened to Baylor was that early loss to UCONN. I am not saying that UCONN wants to lose to Maryland, but a loss can be a good thing in the long run. It allows the coach to get the team to refocus on some of the finer details, although Geno does a pretty good job of that without having a loss.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The best thing that could have happened to Baylor was that early loss to UCONN. I am not saying that UCONN wants to lose to Maryland, but a loss can be a good thing in the long run. It allows the coach to get the team to refocus on some of the finer details, although Geno does a pretty good job of that without having a loss.
Actually the best thing that could happen to Baylor was the loss to OSU last year. Mulkey putted around playing a soft OOC last year and didn't face a real top 4 team until OSU and got spanked. This year she saw the light and decided to blood her younguns' early. A wise choice. Now flash forward to Maryland and their schedule. Because they've played UConn close last year hardly means the same this year. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. Frese has continue to coddle her young teams and it's shown during the NCAA's. There is another phrase that says repetitive acts anticipating a different result is and indicator of insanity.

Although UConn hasn't lost the team has faced a different adversity in every game and has overcome them. They were pushed around by Baylor and got punched in the mouth early by Texas. FSU challenged them inside and outside. KSU's bigs abused and outmuscled them. ND challenged UConn's backcourt as did OSU's Mitchell. They've pretty much seen every defense creative coach have to throw at them, and they've seen all these things on the road in hostile environments. Maryland has seen none of this. I still say Baylor and Dawn's team are and will be the bigger challenges.

Reaction Score
Warren Nolan.Com odds have Uconn losing by 11. Lol, they had Nebraska by 12 over UConn.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Uconn 87 - MD 78
wehaveawinner_img__620x300.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not even close. UCONN after Christmas??, away??? UCONN finally gets that @ss kicking Geno's been talking about.

Turtles in a laugher, 87-61.
raw-6.gif

Reaction Score
Just got home after week plus - arduous trip up past NYC area with New Years Eve traffic. You guys are amazing with your ability to predict like this, I have to say again. Have NOT had time yet to see if I agree with the "called" winner post yet....will get back on here if I disagree.

Meanwhile I'll get the new prediction thread started in a couple minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom