Score Prediction Thread - MISS STATE | The Boneyard

Score Prediction Thread - MISS STATE

Reaction Score
Semi-finals looming in two days, so time to open up for predictions vs the Bulldogs of Mississippi State, hopefully in their traditional colors of Maroon and White. Last time out, our fearless forecasters veered back to the optimistic side of the MOV scale and left Massey in an obscuring cloud of dust.

So let's see how you are thinking with just four teams remaining and lots of room in the Fearless Forecaster Championship Competition for tables to be turned and rankings altered as we enter the clubhouse turn with Leg Five. Which team will be left standing as the victor Friday night, what will be the margin of victory, and what will be the exact score?

Good luck and/or much wisdom to all.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well let's see. The SEC is the best league in WCBB. We know this because we've been told. There's no way this UCONN team goes undefeated after losing the Big 3, Geno has said as much. Geno has never lost in the Final soooooo looks like this is where the magical season ends.

Mississippi St finally gives UCONN it's loss for the season. 68-64.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Mississippi State has a defensive genius as a coach. Add to this that games are always tighter in the final four. Both of those spell trouble for this team. I see a very close game going down to the final minutes.

UConn 125
Mississippi State 19

Reaction Score
Well let's see. The SEC is the best league in WCBB. We know this because we've been told. There's no way this UCONN team goes undefeated after losing the Big 3, Geno has said as much. Geno has never lost in the Final soooooo looks like this is where the magical season ends.

Mississippi St finally gives UCONN it's loss for the season. 68-64.
Smarty Pants!

Reaction Score
98-54 UConn. Vivian's will not hurt us, we shut her down last year and William is not going to be a problem, she had a great night but we are not Baylor. Gabby and Pheesa will go by their bigs with little to no trouble. I will be very surprised if this one is close after the first quarter.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking this one will be tighter than last year's meeting by quite a lot. I am guessing that the Huskies take out the Bulldogs by about 15 in what will be an entertaining game. Defense trumps offense and the score will be rather low at 85 to 60. UConn's offensive efficiency is the difference in this one.

Reaction Score
86-60. William will be shut down by Nurse, which means that Viviens will have to create her own shot. That makes her drop back into her old habits, and the MissSt offense stalls. In the meantime 2016 flashbacks run amok, someone throws a roast on the court, and the Huskies beat the Bulldogs.

Honestly, I can't WAIT to see Danger guarding William. Danger is 5'5"; let's see how much shorter William is.

Reaction Score
UConn 88-67 This will keep me awake until Katie Lou hits 3 consecutive threes and Pheesa and Gabby post double doubles

Reaction Score
No contest as usual , Bulldog roast even better tasting this time around, 98-55 Huskies , Gabby and the army all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I still remember how unimpressed I was with MSU when they barely beat USC(the west coast team, with no coach) 76-72, back in December. It is 3 months later but not light years better.
I think UConn would beat USC(west coast) by 40.

MSU 62
UConn 86
MOV 24

Reaction Score
Mississippi state plays well but not enough firepower to take down Uconn 88-74

Reaction Score
Given the fact that that MSU had to beat Baylor in OT off of 41 from William (did they even try to guard her?), and the fact that our defense is better than Baylor's -

92-65 The Blue and White

27 MOV (not quite 30)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think the Bulldog defense will be far more ready than it was last year, but they will have trouble scoring.

73-52 UConn.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So without looking at any one else's predictions...

Mississippi State has been on fire in the NCAA's scoring in bunches - this after a fairly offensively-challenged season. It seems they found the hoop - and just in time to take out Baylor.

So for starters, Morgan William will NOT score 40 points against UCONN. That that away before OT and that puts them at about 40 against Baylor. Assume that she would score about 10-15 points and another 10 or so by other players since William was not scoring. That puts them at about 65 or maybe 70 vs. Baylor.

Personally I think UCONN's defense is better, or at least better able to make adjustments. I think Mississippi State will have a hard time scoring over 70 against UCONN, and probably will be in the 60-65 range. UCONN, on the other hand, has shown they can score a bunch of ways against a bunch of defenses. UCONN's problem will be inside with 6'7" McCowan. If Pheesa and Gabby can't stop her, Geno may be forced to use Natalie, who was very competent on defense against Baylor's bigs.

UCONN 85
Miss State 65

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom