Score prediction thread for Tulsa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for Tulsa

Reaction Score
107-48 UCONN
Though most people wouldn't notice it, UConn has had a few problems lately. A couple of lackluster 1st halves and a bad defensive 2nd half. I suspect that behind the scenes that has not gone unnoticed. With this time at home I bet a lot of the focus has been on correcting those problems. This being a home game I think everyone will be working hard to show the problems are solved..

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
100-44; MOV 56

Chong 12 points 4 rebounds 8 assists 0 turnovers in 28 minutes. Butler a double-double 14 points on 6-8 shooting, 10 rebounds in 22 minutes.

Reaction Score
This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. I was trying to find a funny jpeg of "from your lips to God's ears" in response to ochoopsfan's predicted Falcon's score being lower than Lou's point total, and came upon this and wanted to share....

20121009-193518.jpeg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A little concerned about the early start. Hopefully the Huskies won't sleepwalk through the 1st half. Huskies win 94-58, mov=36.

The huskies should be OK with the early start. Don't forget that Tulsa is in the Central time zone. Their bodies will still be on Central time the next day after their arrival (Saturday). This means the game will begin at 12:00 noon for them. This should be more of a concern for THEM than us. If anyone will be sleepwalking, it should be THEM!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
In the Last Game
Tulsa (8-14, 4-5 AAC) scored its most points in school history as the Golden Hurricane claimed a 100-92 overtime victory over East Carolina (10-12, 1-8 AAC) Tuesday night at the Donald W. Reynolds Center.
A pair of Tulsa freshmen, forward Kendrian Elliott and guard Shug Dickson, reached the 20-point plateau for the Hurricane. Elliott had a season-high 27 points, while Dickson had her fifth 20+ scoring game in the last six contests. Erika Wakefield added 18 points and Liesl Spoerl chipped in 17 points for the Hurricane cause. Elliott and Spoerl each had a double-double as the duo each grabbed 13 of Tulsa's 49 rebounds.

Scouting the Opponent
The 11-Time National Champion #1 UConn Huskies have a 21-0 overall record, including a 9-0 mark in American Athletic Conference play. The Huskies are led by four players that average double-digit points, including Katie Lou Samuelson (21.7), Napheesa Collier (19.1), Kia Nurse (13.0) and Gabby Williams (12.7). Williams has a team-best 8.4 rebounds per game, while Collier is just behind that with 8.3 rpg.

Against the Opponent
This will be the sixth meeting between Tulsa and UConn, as the Huskies have a 5-0 lead in the all-time series, including a 98-58 win earlier this season in Tulsa.

UConn gave up a lot of points in the last meeting.... so I'll go with 91-51

Reaction Score
UConn 97-49 six plus players in double figures. Natalie with six plus boards. Molly with "2" baskets on 4 attempts. Ball hog

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
UConn 104, Golden Hurricanes 63.

I also suggest we form the Committee to Find a New Nickname for Tulsa.

Golden Hurricanes..........

Golden? Really? Haven`t seen a lot of hurricanes, but pretty sure none were golden.

And Hurricanes in Oklahoma?

Uuhh, I think they call those things TORNADOES.

Reaction Score
UConn 104, Golden Hurricanes 63.

I also suggest we form the Committee to Find a New Nickname for Tulsa.

Golden Hurricanes.....

Golden? Really? Haven`t seen a lot of hurricanes, but pretty sure none were golden.

And Hurricanes in Oklahoma?

Uuhh, I think they call those things TORNADOES.
Maybe the point is that Tornadoes are "too close to the bone" in OK, whereas they never get hurricanes, right? A safer think to celebrate. I remember when the U of Miami was a bit skittish about their nickname after a big one hit the state.

Reaction Score
Maybe the point is that Tornadoes are "too close to the bone" in OK, whereas they never get hurricanes, right? A safer think to celebrate. I remember when the U of Miami was a bit skittish about their nickname after a big one hit the state.

HUSKEE 11 and BAGS 27: There is some interesting history to these points you raise. Tulsa has been around for a long time and has good thru a number of nicknames as well as a number of different color combinations; such changes are not necessarily par for the course for many of our old and renowned colleges. Most of Tulsa's early color schemes were dramatically different from the color scheme of today.....same for the nicknames. ( You guys know how much I enjoy and attend to team colors and nicknames and such.)
It wasn't until some time after WWI that they became the Golden Hurricane. Just prior to that, they had been the Golden Tornadoes (see how relevant your observations are, you two), and displayed the tornado colors of Gold and Black. Soon it was discovered that another big time team was using that name; Tulsa itself was big time and had some mighty teams back then. The coach pointed out the name conflict, and the team voted to switch the name to the still -current Golden Hurricane.....am not sure when the colors went thru their own dramatic metamorphosis.

Reaction Score
One hundred to forty eight
Even the bench will carry the freight
They'll hit em'hard and then just coast
By quarter twoTulsa'll be toast
Before they left home they knew their fate

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well shoot, I hate predicting on a night the Warriors lose....

But I've got 97-75 UConn. On the eve of what we all hope and pray would be Win #97 in a row.

Reaction Score
Early game day morning - let's see; Massey has it at 100% UConn and so do the 35 prognosticators to date. And Massey has the score at 100 to 47; an MOV of 53 points while the players to date are a little less optimistic going for a final score average of 100 to 49 (an MOV of only 51). For those not yet in and not wanting to share, MOV's of 55, 53, 47, 44, 42 and 39 are available among the most popular range for this game - so let's fill in the sheet today.

I'm heading out for a gymnastics meet this morning and hope to be back early afternoon to update the sheet, compare the entrants against the actual score and post final information before watching my taped replay of the game and going on to football - a long day of sports and couch sitting but somebody has to do it.

Reaction Score
A few pre-game BALLS....time is tight for all of us, eh? (That's Kia-Nurse-speak.) WARM FUZZY ball for BROADWAY VA and his encouragement to RSHERMVIKES. KEAN ANALYSIS BALLS for both CARNAC and DADDY CHOC (DC - knew you were a whiz with computers, but didn't know you were this mighty with the pen). COLORS/MASCOTS BALLS for both HUSKIE 11 and BAGS 27. POET LAUREATE BALL for PAC 44. A lot of other folks with interesting mini-predictions and outside the thread box good additions. HOOPS HOPPY....appreciation again. Best of luck to all our fearless forecasters.....late night coming up! Go Huskies and Pats....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom