Score prediction thread for Tulane | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for Tulane

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Possibly a litte let down after the SC game. Kia probably not playing much to let the ankle get better.

UConn 86 - Tulane 51.

Reaction Score
Question: So, when UConn plays this school in New Orleans, how do they get to the campus?
Answer. That's easy. Just take the Tulane highway.

Hey, I know that highway:

Reaction Score
Mid-day game day - sitting on 37 participants (36 UConn and one placating mojo). Right now the average shows a 93 to 50 final score or a 43 point MOV. For those who like to make comparisons, Massey has it 85 to 49 or a 36 point MOV. So he agrees with the consensus on our defense but, despite an evening start, doesn't think the scoring package will be up to our thinking.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
UConn 88-54; MOV 34 points.

I had an afternoon cafe au lait with Cafe du Monde; will be making shrimp etouffe for supper for the first time.

Reaction Score
Gonna roll out some pre-game balls here: For most interesting rationale for their predictions, balls to OZIMOTO and ERICSANDIEGO; best visual additions rolled out to HUSKEE11 and RAYVIN56; for confidence, to SONNY44; a first, best musical addition to SCUD49 (thanks); ball for largest appetite and most creativity to BIGBOOTE (am getting an idea how you earned that moniker); ball for gutsy details to CHONG MASTER; for gutsy and interesting detail to EEB, OCHOOPSFAN and VERY OLDDOG; for optimism to CHRISSARAN and BIGBIRD; chuckle ball once again to ADESMAR....I know what's coming but tickles me every damn time, especially with that elaborate new twist on an old theme, delivered today ; and confusion balls to TOMCAT, J66KICKER, and HUSYFANATIC , all of whom appear to have purchased a round trip ticket for a dead end road :cool:. Good luck and/or wisdom to all our fearless forecasters.

Reaction Score
TUlane photo.jpg

Maybe a little early, but I have to go to dinner with friends.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Unfortunately UCONN has the 100 victory hangover. Yea, that's what we are gonna call it. I'm sure it isn't because they are gonna be out at the parades all night. Krewe of Athena, Krewe of Eve, Krewe of Cleopatra are all tonight.

The Green Wave waves good bye to the streak. Tulane wins 71-68.

I want Meyers to give me the lottery numbers for the next pick...

Reaction Score
OY!...Just finished our tape. MEYERS wins in a collosal rout of the field.....must have a turban somewhere. No one else even deserving of a mention tonight; what a nasty turn of events after a string of phenomenal performances by the group. Will acknowledge ADESMAR two reasons: am handing out our thread's first Booby Prize for being an astonishing nearly 150 points off the MOV (now that ain't easy and should not go without some form of recognition); but the second and even more powerful reason is that a I think MEYES and ADE would make a lovely couple. ,

Reaction Score
OY!...Just finished our tape. MEYERS wins in a colossal rout of the field.....must have a turban somewhere. No one else even deserving of a mention tonight; what a nasty turn of events after a string of phenomenal performances by the group.

Will acknowledge ADESMAR two reasons: am handing out our thread's first Booby Prize for being an astonishing nearly 150 points off the MOV (now that ain't easy and should not go without some form of recognition); but the second and even more powerful reason is that I think MEYERS and ADE would make a lovely couple. ,

Reaction Score
DOUBLE OY! I screwed up big time, erroneously naming the winner. Obviously, the first order of the prediction business for every game is to pick the winning team correctly; that should be obvious to all and is always the first criterion for victory set forth in the prediction threads. So, although MEYERS did come closest to the MOV (the second of the criteria), he did so in his inimitable style by incorrectly selecting Tulane rather than UCONN. (No wonder you need my help getting dates.)

The actual winner appears to be CHARLIEBALL (often in the thick of things), followed very closely by two other quite reliable participants, ROCKYMT2 and BROADWAY VA. Congrats to those folks along with my apologies. And, as always, corrections etc always welcome.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
DOUBLE OY! I screwed up big time, erroneously naming the winner. Obviously, the first order of the prediction business for every game is to pick the winning team correctly; that should be obvious to all and is always the first criterion for victory set forth in the prediction threads. So, although MEYERS did come closest to the MOV (the second of the criteria), he did so in his inimitable style by incorrectly selecting Tulane rather than UCONN. (No wonder you need my help getting dates.)

The actual winner appears to be CHARLIEBALL (often in the thick of things), followed very closely by two other quite reliable participants, ROCKYMT2 and BROADWAY VA. Congrats to those folks along with my apologies. And, as always, corrections etc always welcome.
65228662.jpg

Reaction Score
Not to worry - you can continue to play that invaluable role as mojo stroker - keeping the anti UConn gods from looking at the otherwise unanimous winner choice and saying "I'll fix them"!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom