Score prediction thread for South Carolina | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for South Carolina

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The basketball gods don't need appeasing so I hope you've learned your lesson.
image.jpg

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Great game by uconn, our guards didn't step up and that was they key to winning the game. But I will say the refs were horrible, Williams played great defense but a lot of calls were overlooked on the post entry passes. Numerous times I seen Collier and Williams slap Coates and Wilson's arms while trying to tip the ball. Also those charge call were ridiculous, Chong wasn't even set on neither call and flopped on most. It is what it is, still a lot of season left to be played

The bogus charge call on Gray in transition.. yeah, that was a momentum killer and a well timed one at that. Gray was heating up at that point.

All in all, glad that's over. UConn has their 100 wins, good for them and congratulations. SC gets back to focusing on the SEC and winning the conference and tournament titles and then on to the NCAA's...

I think that game last night was closer than 11 points. That 7-0 run to end the half was a killer and could've been prevented. Davis did a great job on KLS (by the way, you've earned the right to say "I told ya so" to everybody on The Boneyard with this one).. momentum killing charge calls, missed calls etc. Dawn had a fine gameplan and I think perhaps other teams will learn a little more about defending UCONN after last night. Hopefully UCONN is beaten in the tournament prior to a potential rematch but based off of what I saw last night, SC can take them on a neutral court.. We didn't get enough from our guards.. Davis shrunk BIG offensively (did great on defense though).. our guards took shots but they didn't fall, and the ones that fall are obviously what counts.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The bogus charge call on Gray in transition.. yeah, that was a momentum killer and a well timed one at that. Gray was heating up at that point.

All in all, glad that's over. UConn has their 100 wins, good for them and congratulations. SC gets back to focusing on the SEC and winning the conference and tournament titles and then on to the NCAA's..

I think that game last night was closer than 11 points. That 7-0 run to end the half was a killer and could've been prevented. Davis did a great job on KLS (by the way, you've earned the right to say "I told ya so" to everybody on The Boneyard with this one).. momentum killing charge calls, missed calls etc. Dawn had a fine gameplan and I think perhaps other teams will learn a little more about defending UCONN after last night. Hopefully UCONN is beaten in the tournament prior to a potential rematch but based off of what I saw last night, SC can take them on a neutral court.. We didn't get enough from our guards.. Davis shrunk BIG offensively (did great on defense though).. our guards took shots but they didn't fall, and the ones that fall are obviously what counts.
Disagree that one call makes or breaks a game unless it is at the close of regulation and even then it's debatable The game is 40 minutes long. Do what you need to do for 39 minutes and what happens in last minute doesn't matter.

That said, I think Staley is one the best basketball minds in the game right now. She understands what it takes to beat Connecticut and has the personnel to make it happen. She had a good game plan and her team was prepared. It's tough to beat Connecticut and very tough to do it in Storrs. It will be interesting to see what happens on neutral court.

Good luck the rest of the way, at least until we play again.

Reaction Score

All in all, glad that's over. UConn has their 100 wins, good for them and congratulations. SC gets back to focusing on the SEC and winning the conference and tournament titles and then on to the NCAA's..

Yes I agree! I'm not mad at how our ladies played because most people predicted worst. Had the game been in Columbia and we had some momentum from our sold out crowd then I think our chances would have been better but I'm glad we competed in Gampel were we had to play the team, crowd, and refs. I actually thought we played them the toughest next to Baylor. Maryland lost by 6 but was down 19 on their home floor, Florida St played them when they were an unsure team and undefined roles, and ND never really challenged again after they got down. We don't get enough credit defensively to be honest, UCONN averages 87 ppg and we held them 21 points below that. No other team can defend them like we can but we have to learn how to score on par with them or more then them to beat them in the tourney. Kaela and Ty must be able to score because that's going to be the killer if another matchup is to occur. I also thought we Should have played zone in the second half to slow down Collier and Williams. They weren't hitting anything from the arc and neither were we so the best thing to stop Collier and Williams was to clog the paint with big bodies instead of staying man to man and let Wilson and Coates get killed off the dribble. But the real killer in this game was the mental miscues at the end of the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Had we finished off the half stronger we probably would have kept them from pulling away and took the game down to the wire but we had to play catchup in the fourth and never got back into our rhythm we had in the first half. I figure most teams will count us out now but that's what I want because this team could still be dangerous come tourney time and we also exposed a lot of their weaknesses as did they to us.

Reaction Score
Thanks again to HOOPS HOPPY and CT TRAN for the data showing the top forecasters for this game. Another stellar set of predictions overall. Getting very curious about what it might take to cause another bad outing for you collectively as you've been on quite a roll (can only recall very few times when you struggled as a group, and none recently; you folks are GOOD!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom