Scoe | The Boneyard

Scoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
he probably could have made a better decision at the end there (game ending crunch time decisions aren't really his thing apparently), but i hope that people don't focus on that because he played GREAT today.

he's definitely our glue guy and one of the main reasons we were able to make a comeback.

Reaction Score
No doubt. This is spot on. Just wanted possession with the game tied. This was a effort that deserved a W in the second half.

Reaction Score
he probably could have made a better decision at the end there (game ending crunch time decisions aren't really his thing apparently), but i hope that people don't focus on that because he played GREAT today.

he's definitely our glue guy and one of the main reasons we were able to make a comeback.

He was good in the 2nd half but not much at all in the 1st half like the rest of the bigs.............he was real good the last 10-12 minutes and a large, if not THE, reason we were in the game til the end no doubt. But consistency is an issue with all of our bigs, that hurts!

Reaction Score
Without Roscoe, we aren't even in this game at the end. He played excellent.

Reaction Score
Roscoe should have been getting majority minutes over Olander all year - not sure what the fascination with Tyler was by the coaches this year. I stand by the fact that when it comes to BE, Tyler should do nothing but come in to give breathers - he is physically outmatched.

Reaction Score
Roscoe should have been getting majority minutes over Olander all year - not sure what the fascination with Tyler was by the coaches this year. I stand by the fact that when it comes to BE, Tyler should do nothing but come in to give breathers - he is physically outmatched.
Maybe next year, or his senior year (a la Hilton) Olander should play. I think the lack of minutes for Roscoe and the benching of Oriakhi--even if they were deserved--demoralized key players and made them take too long to turn it around.

I think they're finally starting to meld. It may be too late for the title, but I still think they can make some noise.

Reaction Score
Yes and when TO comes in he should box out, give tireless effort and foul opponents who enter the lane. This is a common trait of some very good role players. He just plays dizzy, slow and fundamentally impaired.

Reaction Score
Yes and when TO comes in he should box out, give tireless effort and foul opponents who enter the lane. This is a common trait of some very good role players. He just plays dizzy, slow and fundamentally impaired.

Yeah like Alex!!! Geez people are ridiculous - all on TO right? ..................watch the game, alex guarded noone and he played more, does that help???

Reaction Score
he never boxes out

Reaction Score
I mean the kid looks like his head is spinning sometimes trying to keep up with the athletes and big bodies in conference play. I like him, he's a serviceable kid and played well early in the year against weaker competition, but against the big boys, he's just too slow and too unathletic.

I couldn't agree more with that - this team needed to go with the returning foundation from last year all along.

Reaction Score
Scoe is just awesome......great energy and fearless! Great job Scoe!

Reaction Score
Yeah like Alex!!! Geez people are ridiculous - all on TO right? ..................watch the game, alex guarded noone and he played more, does that help???
I never mentioned Alex - that would be a whole other thread on its own.

Reaction Score
I mean the kid looks like his head is spinning sometimes trying to keep up with the athletes and big bodies in conference play. I like him, he's a serviceable kid and played well early in the year against weaker competition, but against the big boys, he's just too slow and too unathletic.

I couldn't agree more with that - this team needed to go with the returning foundation from last year all along.

Can deal with a bit slow and unathletic, if he was fundamentally sound. Doesn't take much to at minimum box out on a rebound, and he doesn't.

ever

H

huskymagic

lol its about time you guys started to realize this as I have been saying this all year

Reaction Score
lol its about time you guys started to realize this as I have been saying this all year

And he's finally proving it.....he wasn't all year magicdude.............now if he can do it for 30-35 it's even better because there's no gloating over how he played in the first half......but he was real good late in the game.......tough rebounds, yough shots, good stuff...need it all the time

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Great game by Scoe today and he was clearly fouled by Fair on that last play...grabbed his back and spun him into position to get the block

Reaction Score
you were right, we were wrong. you're smart, we're dumb. you're the best, we're the worst.

is that enough praise? how many times are you gunna tell us that you were right?

H

huskymagic

exactly right and something that everyone here and the whole state of Connecticut should understand and never question Roscoe again, My guy Scoe made a boneheaded play last play of the game by not passing to Drummond, but it was a bad setup and play call in the general by Blaney. Napier way too hesitant and scared to take a shot hurt us and our guards awful perimeter defense by constantly allowing Syracuse guards to constantly penetrate and drive in for easy layups. No one put their bodies on the line to pick up charges. The key besides Roscoe and Drummonds great play was Boatright finally understanding that he can penetrate at will on the zone similar to what kemba did last year and this will be huge for our team. I expect a big run in the big east tournament as our guys and rotation is getting more stable.

H

huskymagic

you were right, we were wrong. you're smart, we're dumb. you're the best, we're the worst.

is that enough praise? how many times are you gunna tell us that you were right?

LOL my comments are more aimed at mauconnfann because he has been the biggest hater of Roscoe.

Reaction Score
exactly right and something that everyone here and the whole state of Connecticut should understand and never question Roscoe again, My guy Scoe made a boneheaded play last play of the game by not passing to Drummond, but it was a bad setup and play call in the general by Blaney. Napier way too hesitant and scared to take a shot hurt us and our guards awful perimeter defense by constantly allowing Syracuse guards to constantly penetrate and drive in for easy layups. No one put their bodies on the line to pick up charges. The key besides Roscoe and Drummonds great play was Boatright finally understanding that he can penetrate at will on the zone similar to what kemba did last year and this will be huge for our team. I expect a big run in the big east tournament as our guys and rotation is getting more stable.

You get your guys playing well and you're back on Napier now..................give it up magic you're a d**k!!!

Reaction Score
LOL my comments are more aimed at mauconnfann because he has been the biggest hater of Roscoe.

Hey a**wipe I am not a Roscoe hater or a any player hater........they lost are you happy your guy finally played well a couple games, is that a win for you mushroom cap? Congrats.......I root for them all to play well, for 40 minutes and win.....not for anyone to play bad so we lose. You on the otherhand enjoy these type of tings to make your Kreskin-like ability come to life......go the duckk away will ya!!

H

huskymagic

You get your guys playing well and you're back on Napier now..................give it up magic you're a d**k!!!

I have nothing against Napier he was just too hesitant and needs to take some more open shots that he has available. He played reasonably well today and had 8 or 9 assists. The perimeter defense was not just Napier but Boatright and Lamb as well. They allowed the Cuse guards to constantly penetrate and drive to the basket way too many times, and this is something needs to be corrected. Also no one on UCONN puts their body on the line to pick up charges which we need. Unlike you I am objective when it comes to judging the games.

P.S.
Giffey also played very solidly when he was out there and I want to see him get all of Daniels minutes because that guy should not play for us this year at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom