Schwan official next week | The Boneyard

Schwan official next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Bob Lichtenfels, Evan was on an un-official this week and will take an official next week.

Reaction Score
His measurables are very, very good. They are listed as 6-6, 230, 4.6, if those are anywhere close to reality, he makes a terrific DE.

Reaction Score
we've seen this scenario play out before i.e., Tevin Westbrook last year, where a very nice prospect comes in two weeks before signing day and we can't close, big name swoops in and snags him.....lets see if HCPP can close this one!!

Reaction Score
we've seen this scenario play out before i.e., Tevin Westbrook last year, where a very nice prospect comes in two weeks before signing day and we can't close, big name swoops in and snags him.....lets see if HCPP can close this one!!

Different Scenario. Westbrook was during coaching transition, was always his 2nd choice. IMO getting him up 2 weekends in a row is a HUGGEEE move.

lets close it

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
motherfuckingiowa is now calling schwan and will visit him at his house this week. i hate iowa!!!!! death to those corn lovers!!!

Reaction Score
motherfreakingiowa is now calling schwan and will visit him at his house this week. i hate iowa!!!!! death to those corn lovers!!!

this is what i was referring to in my previous post....close it baby!!

U

UConn9604

I wish he was going to be on campus for a basketball game -- unfortunately, the men were at Notre Dame last Saturday and are at Tennessee this Saturday.

Per Bob Lichtenfels, Evan was on an un-official this week and will take an official next week.

Reaction Score
Oh boy, this may be over before it started.

http://blog.imgacademies.com/2012/01/16/all-madden-camper-schwan-posts-huge-season/

“It’s taken awhile, but I have offers from Connecticut, Rutgers, Temple, Kent State and some smaller I-AA schools,” he said. “The head coach from Iowa talked to me on Sunday and they are sending out a defensive line coach on Tuesday. If everything checks out, they’ll offer.

“Ohio State is also interested in me from what some other guys are telling me.”
Does Schwan like anybody?

“Honestly, Penn State and Ohio State are kind of dream schools just cause you know I grew up watching them,” he said. “Penn State is really close and I’ve been a fan of Penn State for awhile.”

Reaction Score
I think Iowa coaches troll our board and when we mention an under the radar prospect they swoop in like vultures. We need to start posting in code on this site.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I think Iowa coaches troll our board and when we mention an under the radar prospect they swoop in like vultures. We need to start posting in code on this site.
lol it really does seem like it some times. i expect them to go after lytton at this point. hes under the radar dobbs style. he might goto 3rdbass. iowa got a kid from his school last year under the same terms. just calling it in advance:D

Reaction Score

LOL. I really want this kid in a husky uniform. I remember reading about HCPP stating he wants the huskies to be one of the best pass rushing defenses in the nation, this kid would be a huge help. Great size, speed and pursuit. If he becomes a husky hoping he can fill out and add some muscle and top out similar to Michael Johnson former GTech DE.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
purdue is also now trying to get in on him. this went from a ruty/uconn battle that looked like it was going our way to a tough get with many schools showing up late. would be a big get by PP at this point. if he does come next week again then i like our chances. iowa wouldn't travel if they wern't going to offer. purdue shouldnt be a player compared this late but tosu/psu scare me.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Or just start posting exclusively about kids who aren't looking at UConn in the first place!

Reaction Score
If Ohio State and/or Penn State offer we might as well turn the page on this kid... He's not coming here if that happens

Reaction Score

I had the same thought about the Iowa coaches (or their contact people) monitoring our board! When they see a new name, they seem to jump all over it! Seems like it's been a very effective strategy for Iowa these last couple-few years. Too bad we can't have some private area to talk among ourselves about the new names.

Reaction Score
I had the same thought about the Iowa coaches (or their contact people) monitoring our board! When they see a new name, they seem to jump all over it! Seems like it's been a very effective strategy for Iowa these last couple-few years. Too bad we can't have some private area to talk among ourselves about the new names.

Maybe if you post in pig latin you can fool them.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Eally-rae?...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Based on what?
pp's career vs re's

pp did a good job at cuse getting guys and so far things look on a upward slant here. re's recruiting here was on a extremely slow uptick at best. now hes bringing in a below average class for md. i'm not talking developing talent, you can't knock re for that, he was great. but from a pure closing the deal on recruits matter, i give pp the nod.

Reaction Score
pp's career vs re's

pp did a good job at cuse getting guys and so far things look on a upward slant here. re's recruiting here was on a extremely slow uptick at best. now hes bringing in a below average class for md. i'm not talking developing talent, you can't knock re for that, he was great. but from a pure closing the deal on recruits matter, i give pp the nod.

Who in this class makes you say Coach P closes better? I don't see any real difference in regards to rankings as in years past. The one thing I do notice is what seems like an increase in taking transfers (not a bad thing), and definitely see an increase in JUCO interest (again, not a bad thing, as long as we don't go overboard).

We know Coach Edsall could spot talent (except at QB and WR!!!!!), we need to hope that Coach P is just as good, because as far as class rankings go, they don't really seem different.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
re had alot of guys who didn't have other offers from bcs schools. how many guys in this class had other bcs offers. its easy to pick uconn if its your only bcs offer. its not as easy to pick uconn if you have other offers. atleast to me it seems like alot of our guys have other bcs offers. maybe im wrong?

Reaction Score
re had alot of guys who didn't have other offers from bcs schools. how many guys in this class had other bcs offers. its easy to pick uconn if its your only bcs offer. its not as easy to pick uconn if you have other offers. atleast to me it seems like alot of our guys have other bcs offers. maybe im wrong?

Definitely not wrong on that front.

Reaction Score
PP got commits from Hicks and Sylva (both with other BCS offers) very early the recruiting process along with Melifonwu who was ready to get a BC offer if he had gone to camp, but PP got the commit befor the BC camp. He also got commits from Florida very early in the recruiting cycle (Cunningham, Green, Lanier, Marder and Puyol) which never happenned under Edsall. UConn would get Florida guys, but it was always very late in the process. PP also got commits from Mikal Myers (Penn St. offer), Jordan Floyd (Maryland Offer), Elijah Norris (Maryland and K. State, Jhavon Williams (Kentucky). Battles got a USF offer after he committed when he went to their camp. Whitmer huge pick up from the JUCO ranks, who had many BCS offers from high school.

It is tough to judge offers when guys are committing early in the process. The five from Florida, plus Samra probably would never have committed so early to UConn with Edsall as the coach. UConn never had good luck w/ Bosco kids like Samra under Edsall. In fact Samra said his coaches relationship with PP and DeLeone made him comfortable committing early. The florida kids were guys that Brown had recruited at Maryland and just continued relationships with.

As for Schwan, Penn St. will have the final say. If Iowa offers and Ohio St. is sniffing around, I have no doubt PSU will offer and the kid will commit in a second. They have no DEs in their recruiting class. Wouldn't be surprised if they get him to do an official this weekend with the promise of an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom