Scheduling needs going forward | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Scheduling needs going forward

Reaction Score
Some level of succes shhould be expected with an athleric budget of 150+MM.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Interesting discussion, but I think that you are wasting time debating whether UConn should play ND.

The premise seems to be that there would be any interest on ND's part to schedule UConn in football.

There appears to be no such interest on ND's part. It doesn't help recruiting. It hurts ND's SOS. ND recalls the 10 game rejection.

ND can find schools to play it at Foxboro and Yankee Stadium, and has in the recent past.

ND has a 2022 opening, but is in talks to play BYU in Las Vegas.

There are no rumors at all that ND is trying to schedule UConn, so this is merely an academic discussion.

P.S. ND is a football independent with its other programs in a conference....just like UConn. Did UConn "not have a single trace of morals" when it left the AAC to do so ??

(ND is a football independent for the same reason as UConn. Both deem it in their best economic and other self interest. Period. Spare me the "morals" talk)

If the ACC offered UConn the exact same "ND type deal" today, would UConn turn it down on "moral grounds"??

P.P.S. "Mediocre overall in recent history in many sports."

ND baseball just smoked UConn to win its regional. It lost a superregional to eventual national champion Mississippi State 2-1 in Starkville.

It went 34-13 this year (won its division, had the best ACC regular season record by 4 1/2 games), 11-2 last year.

ND lacrosse played in the NCAA semifinal playoff game this year.

Women's lacrosse made it to the quarterfinal NCAA playoff game this year.

ND hockey has made it to the Frozen Four several times recently and does very well in the Big Ten.

ND softball just went 33-15 and played in a regional, losing to host Kentucky in the second of two games against the Wildcats.

ND fencing just won its 11th national championship this past season.

ND men's basketball won the ACC in 2015 and had two Elite 8 finishes in 2015-16, but has tailed off lately.

You guys are familiar with ND women's basketball.

ND's football team has gone 43-8 with two playoff berths in the last four years, with two undefeated regular seasons (one indy, one ACC member) and with double digit win totals all four years.

I guess everything is relative, but I think that most college sports departments would think those are better than "mediocre" results.

(What would UConn fans be saying if UConn football went 43-8 with two playoff berths ? Would you deem such results "mediocre"?)
First thing I saw when scrolling through was “ND Fencing..”

get a life

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The ND series should have been played wherever the hell ND wanted the games.

The same decision makers who killed that deal were ultimately responsible for us landing in the AAC and now independence.

UConn thinking it could big time ND and lose that alliance in the game of conference realignment tells you all you need to know about the current predicament.

Reaction Score
The ND series should have been played wherever the hell ND wanted the games.

The same decision makers who killed that deal were ultimately responsible for us landing in the AAC and now independence.

UConn thinking it could big time ND and lose that alliance in the game of conference realignment tells you all you need to know about the current predicament.
Exactly, and it was certain CT legislatitors pressure, Desmond Connor and the Jeff Jacobs of the world who thought they should big time ND. Instead of using ND's brand to build up Uconn's as a FBS newbie (as Edsall mentioned after the 10 game deal was renegotiated to 6).

Just to show how clueless they were after the whole ND series was ultimately killed.....not only did Uconn move a home game from the Rent, but instead of doing it vs. a team of ND's cache from the midwest into 2 major Northeast markets right in Uconn's wheelhouse. They moved a Rent home game vs. BC right into the Eagles backyard.

Were were those loudmouths then ? In Desmond Connor's case unemployed as a Uconn beat writer.

UConn getting over $1 million to move game to Fenway Park

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Exactly, it was certain CT legislators ,Desmond Connor and the Jeff Jacobs of the world who thought they should big time ND. Instead of using ND's brand to build up Uconn's as a FBS newbie (as Edsall mentioned after the 10 game deal was renegotiated to 6).

Just to show how clueless they were after the whole ND series was ultimately killed.....not only did Uconn move a home game from the Rent, but instead of doing it vs. a team of ND's cache from the midwest in 2 major Northeast markets right in Uconn's wheelhouse. They moved a Rent home game vs. BC right into the Eagles backyard.

Were were those loudmouths then ? In Desmond Connor's case unemployed as a Uconn beat writer.

UConn getting over $1 million to move game to Fenway Park

Couldn't agree more. They would have 10 premiere games on the schedule but we thought we were above it all. ND was basically the one school you would make this deal with, and they squandered the opportunity.

I really dislike neutral site games and especially ones in baseball stadiums, but whether you like or dislike ND (I'm indifferent?) you don't pass up the chance to align with them in college football.

Reaction Score
It is amazing some people can not be objective as it relates to ND. I think they are ridiculous in a lot of ways but it just goes to prove any organization will be self serving when possible.

I would have played 8 games at ND if needed. The lack of foresight by anyone involved was crazy. Like everything else that became political with Uconn involved it got completely botched. Unfortunately ND has its place and it is one of high regard and playing them would only have ultimately been beneficial. I wish our state leadership would have figured that out or just stayed out of it. We were the ones doing the “big timing” which was laughable then and as things turned out almost criminal now.

Reaction Score
It is amazing some people can not be objective as it relates to ND. I think they are ridiculous in a lot of ways but it just goes to prove any organization will be self serving when possible.

I would have played 8 games at ND if needed. The lack of foresight by anyone involved was crazy. Like everything else that became political with Uconn involved it got completely botched. Unfortunately ND has its place and it is one of high regard and playing them would only have ultimately been beneficial. I wish our state leadership would have figured that out or just stayed out of it. We were the ones doing the “big timing” which was laughable then and as things turned out almost criminal now.

Similar to a grandstanding lawsuit many moons ago

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
UCF poised to give in on a 2 for 1

Reaction Score
Ok Ill take a stab at this.

In keeping with Travel Budget tried to utilize busses in stead of planes

01) FCS (Rotation of Villanova, New Hampshire & CCSU) This will at lease help fill the visitor section of the Rent.
02) Army (Independent and Close) Needs to happen every year
03) UMass (Independent and Close)
04) Buffalo (Mac)
05) Syracuse (ACC)
06) Boston College (yearly Thanksgiving rival trophy game) (ACC)
07) Rutgers (Big Ten)
08) Temple (AAC)
09) Pitt (ACC)
10) West Virginia (BIG 12)
11) Penn State (BIG 10)
12) Navy or Maryland

Reaction Score

01) FCS (Rotation of Villanova, New Hampshire & CCSU) This will at lease help fill the visitor section of the Rent.
04) Buffalo (Mac)
05) Syracuse (ACC)
07) Rutgers (Big Ten)
08) Temple (AAC)
09) Pitt (ACC)
11) Penn State (BIG 10)
12) Navy or Maryland
Yale bowl?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

04) Buffalo (Mac)
05) Syracuse (ACC)
07) Rutgers (Big Ten)
08) Temple (AAC)
09) Pitt (ACC)
11) Penn State (BIG 10)
12) Navy or Maryland
Not bad- but you have to include trips to Florida and or Texas every year to match up with recruiting.

Reaction Score
UCF poised to give in on a 2 for 1
For youngins soon entering kindergarten, the 2nd UF-UCF in Gainesville may be enticing. For more than a few Connecticut alumni and UConn fans here, sure hope most of you are alive and kicking in 2033. Myself included, yet I'm way more interested in and eagerly await word on the Huskies' scheduled games for 2043, 2053, 2063 ... Go UConn!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom