Schedule Update: Game Dec 12 vs UMass-lowell | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Schedule Update: Game Dec 12 vs UMass-lowell

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The team comes off quarantine early next week. I'm guessing Geno would like a practice or two before playing games on Dec 12th, 15th, 17th 19th and 22nd.
So schedule Quinnipiac for 12/10, it would almost be like a practice and get an extra game in for both teams.

Reaction Score
We'll see what shape this team is in physically with 5 games in 11 days. If there is any chance they could lose a conf game this year, this could be in that 4-game stretch if they don't have game legs underneath them.

Reaction Score
We'll see what shape this team is in physically with 5 games in 11 days. If there is any chance they could lose a conf game this year, this could be in that 4-game stretch if they don't have game legs underneath them.

I'm sure they are staying in shape and getting into game shape won't be a big problem. But it should be fun seeing who is grabbing their shorts first if Geno has them playing up tempo.
UMassL is so miss-matched that the whole roster should get in the game. If the freshmen are competing as reported then an 8 man rotation is all you need for those 4 games.

And after waiting 8 months to play a game I doubt many will complain. ;)

Reaction Score
Makes sense. UMass-Lowell, coached by Shea's husband, opens this weekend against Merrimack and Boston College but would not have played again until Dec 19 d/t a cancellation. Easy trip to Storrs.
A lot of pent up energy in Storrs. Pity UMass-Lowell.

Reaction Score
The school I coached in would not allow us to practice or compete during exams

Reaction Score
UMass-Lowell may not break 20 points...maybe Uconn should play blind folded.. :D

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if UConn has already made it clear that this game for them is a workout to get game legs and game experience so for poor UMass-Lowell to not be surprised that the score is run up. Not intended to be a slap in the face. If that doesn't happen I will be worried.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Having never done drugs, I could never appreciate what it feels like to go through "WITHDRAWALS" until now. :confused: We'd better play a game soon, or 'ol Carnac is going to need a straight jacket and a padded room. :confused:
Maybe you should give it a try? :cool:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
To clarify, FloSports charges $12.49 if you commit for a year. Those who wish to subscribe for the season pay $30.00/month.

I like the way FloSports pushes you to the $12.50/month subscription. You'll save $210!

The more I think about it the more I fear yesterday's announcement will be followed up by an announcement that FloSports will be the streaming provider for UConn/SNY games. Why else move other Big East WBB games behind a very expensive paywall?

Reaction Score
I'm curious as to how much Flohoops paid the BE/Fox for the streaming rights?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I like the way FloSports pushes you to the $12.50/month subscription. You'll save $210!

The more I think about it the more I fear yesterday's announcement will be followed up by an announcement that FloSports will be the streaming provider for UConn/SNY games. Why else move other Big East WBB games behind a very expensive paywall?
People that are receiving SNY will still get to see the games without having to go through FloSports. It's just us unlucky soles that don't receive SNY that will have to pony up if we want to watch it live. I guess I will have to follow the game in the chat room to see how UConn is doing.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
People that are receiving SNY will still get to see the games without having to go through FloSports. It's just us unlucky soles that don't receive SNY that will have to pony up if we want to watch it live.

Good news. No FloSports.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
People that are receiving SNY will still get to see the games without having to go through FloSports. It's just us unlucky soles that don't receive SNY that will have to pony up if we want to watch it live. I guess I will have to follow the game in the chat room to see how UConn is doing.
ISWYDT Unlucky "soles" are practically heels! But all is not lost. In another post today it was announced that Fox Sports will carry UConn SNY broadcasts. So load the app and wait for the fun!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
ISWYDT Unlucky "soles" are practically heels! But all is not lost. In another post today it was announced that Fox Sports will carry UConn SNY broadcasts. So load the app and wait for the fun!
I already have the app on my phone.:D

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I like the new schedule. We play teams we should beat while we're gettin our youngins some college playtime. I do expect UConn to play another top team between Christmas and before the Baylor game. UConn fans are starving for a look at our girls. Right now I can see an undefeated season because we have 5 games in 11 days to get up to speed. Something that usually takes Nov-Dec will be done in two weeks. Dont set your sights to high on the freshman class. They will need a few games to get up to speed and now with this schedule they will get them. Everybody should see good minutes and there will be some hiccoups as we learn and gain experience. This is a really really good UConn team that will get better with experience as the season progresses. So dont expect to much to soon. Allow it to happen. I am so excited for next week.

Reaction Score
I'm sure they are staying in shape and getting into game shape won't be a big problem. But it should be fun seeing who is grabbing their shorts first if Geno has them playing up tempo.
UMassL is so miss-matched that the whole roster should get in the game. If the freshmen are competing as reported then an 8 man rotation is all you need for those 4 games.

And after waiting 8 months to play a game I doubt many will complain. ;)
THis is a PERFECT time to have a deep bench! Use them in generous proportions, but still give time to see which combination is great in each situation: Big and half-court, small and "track meet style," etc.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I like the new schedule. We play teams we should beat while we're gettin our youngins some college playtime. I do expect UConn to play another top team between Christmas and before the Baylor game. UConn fans are starving for a look at our girls. Right now I can see an undefeated season because we have 5 games in 11 days to get up to speed. Something that usually takes Nov-Dec will be done in two weeks. Dont set your sights to high on the freshman class. They will need a few games to get up to speed and now with this schedule they will get them. Everybody should see good minutes and there will be some hiccoups as we learn and gain experience. This is a really really good UConn team that will get better with experience as the season progresses. So dont expect to much to soon. Allow it to happen. I am so excited for next week.
Tony, Tony, Tony. Listen to what you are saying. You can see an undefeated season but don't set our sights too high on the freshman class. You say don't expect too much too soon. Won't the freshmen have to play well early if UConn is to go undefeated? :eek: Is not expecting UConn to go undefeated expecting too much too soon?:eek:
It seems you are expecting too much but I know you are one of the most optimistic UConn fans on the BY and there is nothing wrong with that. But you know what, I hope you are right.;)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tony, Tony, Tony. Listen to what you are saying. You can see an undefeated season but don't set our sights too high on the freshman class. You say don't expect too much too soon. Won't the freshmen have to play well early if UConn is to go undefeated? :eek: Is not expecting UConn to go undefeated expecting too much too soon?:eek:
It seems you are expecting too much but I know you are one of the most optimistic UConn fans on the BY and there is nothing wrong with that. But you know what, I hope you are right.;)
I expect the team to play really good and I expect the freshman to have their ups and downs and still win and get better game to game because the freshman are that good. Our early schedule is less tuffer then it was so we have time as a team to build chemistry and cohesiveness. When the big games come along we will be ready because we are that good. Thank doowop I love those songs.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think the first few games are perfect for this team. It should give the coaching staff a chance to play more players and see who plays the best together.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom