Scalping Michigan tickets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Scalping Michigan tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lay off John guys. Everyone has their reasons for things, doesn't make him a bad person or bad fan. 2 years ago I lost my job heading in to the football season and probably would have had to consider something similar.

I've been on both sides of the fence. A few years ago I had a very handsome offer for Big East Tournament tickets from a Syracuse fan, and I turned it down even though it would have paid for the vast majority of my ticket package. One thing I've always found annoying about our fans, especially football fans, is this attitude that a "true fan" will do this or that. Very very annoying.

Reaction Score
John isn't doing anything wrong. Ct people can feel free to make him an offer. He has good seats for a great game.

Lay off John guys. Everyone has their reasons for things, doesn't make him a bad person or bad fan. 2 years ago I lost my job heading in to the football season and probably would have had to consider something similar.
Im going to respectfully disagree with ya guys. You dont come on this site and advertise that youre selling your tix to Michigan fans. That just isnt smart... do what you gotta do, just dont go around telling UConn fans that your doing it.

Reaction Score
Then dont come on the UConn Football blog and post that youre selling your tickets to Michigan fans. If you dont start getting some common sense your pockets will always be empty my friend. you still suck.

if you want a seat upgrade and have the means, feel free to message me.

Reaction Score
Im going to respectfully disagree with ya guys. You dont come on this site and advertise that youre selling your tix to Michigan fans. That just isnt smart... do what you gotta do, just dont go around telling UConn fans that your doing it.

reality is that UConn fans aren't going to pony up the money I'm looking for. My point in coming here was to see if anyone knows what these things are going for on the secondary market.

Reaction Score
if you want a seat upgrade and have the means, feel free to message me.
I actually considering buying you season BB tix so you dont sell your fb tix to a Michigan fan

Reaction Score
I agree that he said the wrong thing but he seems passionate about uconn athletics so I'm willing to cut him some slack . Cody the kid wants money I don't think he cares where it comes from. A uconn fan or Michigan alum. I would prefer it be a uconn fan. Other programs pay a premium to sit that close during a home game. We could have ended this thread a while ago by making him an offer. If e chooses to be unreasonable above market value that's on him.

Reaction Score
I agree that he said the wrong thing but he seems passionate about uconn athletics so I'm willing to cut him some slack . Cody the kid wants money I don't think he cares where it comes from. A uconn fan or Michigan alum. I would prefer it be a uconn fan. Other programs pay a premium to sit that close during a home game. We could have ended this thread a while ago by making him an offer. If e chooses to be unreasonable above market value that's on him.

I'm not a kid. I've been going to UConn games since the field house and memorial stadium.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My point in coming here was to see if anyone knows what these things are going for on the secondary market.

Can't you do your own dirty work?

Reaction Score
Can't you do your own dirty work?

I suppose - I've never sold on the secondary market so figured I might get some insight though. Apparently I've ruffled some feathers here though, so in retrospect I regret even asking.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
serious question - we have two tickets in 124, 11 rows from the field. Just curious to see how much you experts think we might be able to get from UM fans for the seats. We're wondering if we could get enough to fund both our men's basketball season tickets with the proceeds.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Find a UCONN fan to sell your ticket to if you absolutely must sell your ticket! But let me ask you why would you sell your ticket to the best game in the history of the stadium??? Are you fired up for Memphis? C'mon man. Keep your friggin' ticket and support your school. A road game for UCONN against Michigan is bad news for us.

Reaction Score
I live in Florida....but still have season tickets. I could easily sell my two seats and make a couple hundred. Instead, I am spending a couple extra hundred to fly up for the game. If you're a UConn fan and you don't try to get to this game....I just don't know what to say.......

Reaction Score
Personally, I am disabled. $1K won't even sway me from not attending this game. This is an event of a lifetime. Unless we get an invite to the B1G before I die.

Reaction Score
I live in Florida....but still have season tickets. I could easily sell my two seats and make a couple hundred. Instead, I am spending a couple extra hundred to fly up for the game. If you're a UConn fan and you don't try to get to this game....I just don't know what to say.......

yet my freezing ass will be there for the entire game on Dec 7th against the ever exciting Memphis Tigers (and every other home game too)....God forbid I try to ease my finances.....yeah, not much of a fan.....

Reaction Score
yet my freezing ass will be there for the entire game on Dec 7th against the ever exciting Memphis Tigers (and every other home game too)....God forbid I try to ease my finances.....yeah, not much of a fan.....
It's totally your choice. As said before, try the ticket exchange section. See what you can get there.

Reaction Score

I've been in Florida for one year......was in CT for decades and didn't miss a game till I was forced to move due to a job loss. Don't give me the Memphis crap.

I also sell/give my tickets to friends and friend of friends that I know are UConn fans.

If I could afford to fly up for every game I would.....but being out of a job for 59 weeks put a crimp in that.

I stand by my statement.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If someone offered me $500 for my tickets I'd sell them to Satan himself. You can replace them easily and take the difference.

It's not John's job to generate UConn fans willing to pay a premium. If the guy says a few hundred bucks helps subsidize his basketball tickets then great - it's good to hear someone is still buying basketball tickets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've been in Florida for one year......was in CT for decades and didn't miss a game till I was forced to move due to a job loss. Don't give me the Memphis crap.

I also sell/give my tickets to friends and friend of friends that I know are UConn fans.

If I could afford to fly up for every game I would.....but being out of a job for 59 weeks put a crimp in that.

I stand by my statement.

So you don't have the money to do everything you want... But are giving him for the exact same reason.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I suck because I want to make a profit and pour it back into the athletic department...... give me a break.

berkley-ping-lg.jpg

I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, far from it it's your right. But advertising it here at this time is like, well dressing up this guy.

Reaction Score
So you don't have the money to do everything you want... But are giving him for the exact same reason.

Ha! No one has the money to do everything they want. What I said was....."If you're a UConn fan and you don't try to get to this game....I just don't know what to say.......". It has nothing to do with the financial aspect. My original post dealt wholly with the fact that this is the biggest name team to ever come to the Rent. I just can't see how you could pass that up. It's not like any additional money needs to be spent.

It has never crossed my mind that I might want to break even...or make a profit on the tickets. I want to be at every game I have the opportunity to attend and this might very well be the biggest. I just don't understand how someone could miss it on purpose.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ha! No one has the money to do everything they want. What I said was....."If you're a UConn fan and you don't try to get to this game....I just don't know what to say.......". It has nothing to do with the financial aspect. My original post dealt wholly with the fact that this is the biggest name team to ever come to the Rent. I just can't see how you could pass that up. It's not like any additional money needs to be spent.

It has never crossed my mind that I might want to break even...or make a profit on the tickets. I want to be at every game I have the opportunity to attend and this might very well be the biggest. I just don't understand how someone could miss it on purpose.

When someone has football and basketball season tickets and says selling one game can help him ease his finances I'm not going to argue with him.

I hope he gets some idiot Michigan fan to pay his freight and gets his hands on some other tickets because I can promise everyone Michigan tickets will be under $100 the week before the game.

Reaction Score
On a Red Sox board they have a college sports forum. Some Michigan fan has said he bought one of he partial plans. He's all excited to go see future Big 10 opponent Maryland also.

Reaction Score
I'd rather give my tickets to a Uconn fan than sell them for 10 times face value! I always gave tickets to uconn fans outside the rent who were talking to scalpers. Hate those guys...loved watching there faces when I would walk up and ask how many they needed, and just handed them free tix! (And no...I'm not giving any Michigan tickets away! People actually wanted to go! lol)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I guess I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around selling this game after I've read nothing but complaining and whining on this board about our out of conference (and now our in-conference!) scheduling. The biggest game in the history of the program and, sadly, there might not ever be another opportunity like this to see an opponent like this. But hey, to each is own I suppose.

I just don't want to see our home stadium a sea of maize like Notre Dame Stadium looked red when they hosted Nebraska a few years back. I understand there will be Michigan fans and probably alot of them. But if you're a season ticket holder, you want to see UCONN win right? It will be much tougher to win if our guys are having problems hearing the cadence or false starting on their home field!

Reaction Score
Tickets will be going on sale most likely to groups for $60. No one is getting $200 for average to below average tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom