SC vs Notre Dame 11/26/17 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

SC vs Notre Dame 11/26/17

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Thanks. I so glad you wrote that (struggling with the speed of the game) about Williams. This is not that unusual for a freshmen, even at UCONN.

Well, if she doesn't work out there and decides to transfer, I wouldn't be all that surprised if she ends up at USF.

She attended many of our home games for years and I thought we might have a chance to sign her.

But, USF has had very limited success in getting even top quality local players, when they have so many offers from elite WBB programs.

That is why we recruit so much overseas talent. However, now even the elite USA WBB schools are pulling more kids out of Europe.

As a result, we just signed a player from Greece who was probably not on the radar of anybody and is not ranked by even Blue Star Europe. She reminds me of Laksa in that she just fires in baskets from anywhere.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Thanks. I so glad you wrote that (struggling with the speed of the game) about Williams. This is not that unusual for a freshmen, even at UCONN.

See also - Patterson, Danielle (Muffet's euphemism was something like "Danielle is still finding her niche")

Reaction Score
Dawn will get the players she's meant to get when she needs to get them.

No offense, but not being able to envision a player at a particular school isn't really a basis for anything other than YOUR perception of what you think a recruit values and where YOU think they should go. Sam Brunelle has visited South Carolina TWICE unofficially.. she visited SC twice already before she visited most of the schools in her top 12 once... you may not see her there, but she's obviously thinking about it.

Our recruiting struggles this particular year have been duly noted on the tBoneyard and our home board.. and part of that is due to the perception that coming off a national championship people are going to immediately expect you to begin recruiting better and while we didn't close on many of the players we recruited (perhaps it was too late?).. we did get several of them to think VERY hard on us. A lot of those recruits were players we probably had little to no shot with prior to the championship (Christyn Williams.. SC came out of nowhere to make her final 2) but we had momentum and gave them something to think about and they did. The title will benefit SC going forward and it's silly to think she'll get shut out like this every year.. she's too respected of a coach, too hard of a recruiter and SC offers too much as a program for that to happen every year. For 2018, we'll take an elite player in Henderson and a good player with room to grow in Saxton and hopefully continue growing as a program.

BUT, to answer your question.. you've already mentioned Brunelle, Amihere, Cooke and Taylor.

Other big time players that I know for sure are being looked at by Dawn & Co:
-Haley Jones (offered)
-Jordan Horston (offered)
-Rickea Jackson (offered)
-Breanna Beal (offered)
-Aliyah Boston
-Maori Davenport
-Ramani Parker (offered)
-Diamond Miller
-Kierstan Bell
-Leilani Correa

We're also involved with lesser known players like McKinzie Green from Texas, Danae McNeal (local prospect), and Alissa Pilli of Alaska.

I put this blunt, Brunelle isn't going to SC. Staley is the John Thompson of WCBB for one. Second, her game doesn't fit into what Staley has built the team around. There are a bunch of other reasons. Brunelle is not the type of players that goes to SC. Never said she would get shut out, but the fact is she has really built the program relying on transfers over 4 yr recruits. Also, the fact is Staley constantly gets out coached by the elite coaches. SC actually lost to ASU and was only saved by a bad call and very very questionable technical in the 4th, which was pursuant to a horrible call.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I put this blunt, Brunelle isn't going to SC. Staley is the John Thompson of WCBB for one. Second, her game doesn't fit into what Staley has built the team around. There are a bunch of other reasons. Brunelle is not the type of players that goes to SC. Never said she would get shut out, but the fact is she has really built the program relying on transfers over 4 yr recruits. Also, the fact is Staley constantly gets out coached by the elite coaches. SC actually lost to ASU and was only saved by a bad call and very very questionable technical in the 4th, which was pursuant to a horrible call.
To be equally blunt:
and-im-just-sitting-here-shaking-my-head-in-disapproval.jpg

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog