SC vs Notre Dame 11/26/17 | The Boneyard

SC vs Notre Dame 11/26/17

Reaction Score
Championship of the Gulf Coast Showcase tomorrow night at 7:30 on FloHoops for those that's interested. https://post original url/lb0FW4a7jt

Interesting incentives for both teams:

• Notre Dame won the last meeting on a last second shot (luck of the Irish?:rolleyes:) in the 2015 FF semifinals 66-65.
  • Both teams ranked in the top 10
  • The all time series is tied 2-2
  • Coach Staley could pick up win No. 400 and push SC's winning streak to 17
  • The winner could get sole possession of the Lexington Regional this year
  • Aja Wilson leads the Gamecocks with 24.2 ppg, 12.1 rpg, and 4.0 blocks this season
  • Jackie Young leads the Irish with 16.7 ppg and 7.2 rpg this year

Should be a fun and competitive matchup as my gamecocks look for revenge from 2015. May the best team win! :)

Reaction Score
Incentive item #1: I remember that game well. SC was battling from behind for most of it until they took the lead finally with a couple minutes left. It wasn't a last-second shot, but a put-back by ND's Madison Cable, with 12 seconds left. SC had the ball on the final possession, but never got off an effective shot as the clock ran out.

Should be a great game!

Reaction Score
Yeah just caught that sorry

You can still edit it if you want. Just tap "thread tools" under the topic title and then select "edit title".

threadtools.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very sad that one of the biggest matchups of the year won't be on TV.

Would you settle for the scintillating matchup between Maryland and Miami on a sling channel? I cannot believe I can't find something better to do with my time...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Tired of having to jump through hoops (Weird streams, obscure channel subscriptions etc..) to watch games with highly ranked teams that should be on FREE TV. ESPN + CBS College Sports suck.

Reaction Score
Would you settle for the scintillating matchup between Maryland and Miami on a sling channel? I cannot believe I can't find something better to do with my time...

Hate to tell you, but that game is over, so you're actually watching a replay of that scintillating matchup!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
But c'est la vie, you got more likes for my post than I did.;)
Well, that just isn't fair. I gave you a "like" to help reverse that. :)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
How is this game not being televised? Super disappointing. I think it’ll come down to Notre Dame’s ability to slow down Wilson. If they can keep her from getting deep post touches and off the boards they should win. They have better perimeter scoring and guard play.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
How is this game not being televised? Super disappointing. I think it’ll come down to Notre Dame’s ability to slow down Wilson. If they can keep her from getting deep post touches and off the boards they should win. They have better perimeter scoring and guard play.
I'll be surprised if Notre Dame can slow her that much. Wilson is just better than Shepard, pretty much no comparison there. Notre Dame can try a collapsing zone, but it's hard to box out from a zone and Wilson is a great offensive rebounder.

Mabrey has been playing poorly lately. Young and Ogunbowale have been carrying the team, but South Carolina has some quality guards as well, and perhaps even more importantly, they have depth at every position.

Will be a fascinating game. Could be an Elite 8 or Final Four matchup.

Reaction Score
I'll be surprised if Notre Dame can slow her that much. Wilson is just better than Shepard, pretty much no comparison there. Notre Dame can try a collapsing zone, but it's hard to box out from a zone and Wilson is a great offensive rebounder.

Mabrey has been playing poorly lately. Young and Ogunbowale have been carrying the team, but South Carolina has some quality guards as well, and perhaps even more importantly, they have depth at every position.

Will be a fascinating game. Could be an Elite 8 or Final Four matchup.

Great analysis plebe, I agree with bballnuts analysis in ND with the better guards. Ogunbowale and Young are very good. I'm expecting a big game from Lindsay Spann who's currently averaging 16 ppg and shooting 65% from 3pt range. I think Dawns game plan will be to get Shepard in immediate foul trouble. If she goes out early ND has NO ONE who can defend or score on our post consistently. I also expect us to attack young down low who's playing the 4 for the Irish. Looking forward to a good game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom