SC UConn tomorrow remember this | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SC UConn tomorrow remember this

Reaction Score
i always positive thinking, we will win over SC
We did it last year, we can do it this year also

Reaction Score
We have Paige and they do not….UCONN is UCONN and always rises to the occasion.
This is a rehearsal for March.

Reaction Score
I have watched a lot of basketball this year so far. I think it is safe to say that every team I have watched has a lot to work on. South Carolina has looked very much like us as far as not hitting on all cylinders. Just the nature of where teams are at this point in the season. Expecting us to be anywhere else is an unfair expectation.

I think today's game will be ugly. A dog fight. Both teams will be exposed as they should. Which team that can run there stuff and defend the best will win. I like our chances in a close game. Whatever happens it will make us better.

Reaction Score
Gonna be tough with that Boston/Cardoso/Amihere triumvirate.
Very disappointed in our post play! Geno raved about Dorka and how much Liv has improved. Haven’t seen in their first 3 games. If they play like they did in the first 2 games of the tourney, SC is going to eat our lunch.

Reaction Score
Underperformed after only three games. Wow!!! That is definitely a positive comment. By the way, it's Pom Pons, not Pom Poms.:rolleyes:
According to Merriam-Webster, the most important dictionary of American English, the correct spelling is now "pom-pom" (Definition of POM-POM). "Pom pon," with a space, is not a correct spelling of anything, and "pompon," with no space, refers to an ornamental ball on clothing or a kind of plant.

Reaction Score
Very disappointed in our post play! Geno raved about Dorka and how much Liv has improved. Haven’t seen in their first 3 games. If they play like they did in the first 2 games of the tourney, SC is going to eat our lunch.
Cannot “like” this post, but do agree.
In her 4th year- it is time for LIV TO STEP UP.
I realize it is an early season game,
I realize it is a non conference game.
But this could be one of the most important games she has left at UCONN.
Time to step it up.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
It appears todays game on ESPN is being announced by SEC people, mainly Eric Frede and Carolyn Peck. You'll remember Eric was our play by play guy for a number of years for SNY. Maybe he won't be so one sided in loyalty to his past team. Anyway, glad to see the game with good video, announcers that know the players, and good graphics and stories.

Reaction Score
Paige is in charge and you can bet on that. Im sick and tired of reading all these negative posts. We've played 3 games and we beat them last year with just about the same team. Now we have a better bench. An inexperienced bench but a better bench. Remember this Paige is in charge and stop worrying.

VERY WELL PUT. I'm also sick of the petty criticism...let them play ball.

Reaction Score
According to Merriam-Webster, the most important dictionary of American English, the correct spelling is now "pom-pom" (Definition of POM-POM). "Pom pon," with a space, is not a correct spelling of anything, and "pompon," with no space, refers to an ornamental ball on clothing or a kind of plant.
Also the oft questioned Wikipedia suggests,
"Pom-pom
A pom-pom – also spelled pom-pon, pompom or pompon – is a decorative ball or tuft of fibrous material. The term may refer to large tufts used by cheerleaders, or a small, tighter ball attached to the top of a hat, also known as a bobble or toorie. Wikipedia"

Reaction Score
Paige is in charge and you can bet on that. Im sick and tired of reading all these negative posts. We've played 3 games and we beat them last year with just about the same team. Now we have a better bench. An inexperienced bench but a better bench. Remember this Paige is in charge and stop worrying.
Yes, you beat us last year. By one point. In overtime. At home.

Yes, your bench is now deeper. As is ours.

Flip a coin. I do think it’s”better for women’s basketball” if UConn wins today because I feel confident we will win at home in January. A March 1 vs. 2 tie breaker would draw a lot of interest nationally.

May this be the first of three hard-fought but clean and injury-free battles!

Leet th pin pens wave.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Now you tell me.

I’ve only been wrong for sixty something years.

Just as I was feeling good for finally getting “privilege” and “license” correct.
I know! In my case being dyslexic, I'm thinking "You understood, what was written. You're bitching about some random alphabet's?".

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Correction its gonna be tough with the Paige Evina Christyn and Azzi 4 some.
I think quadumvirate is the word you were looking for. ;)

Reaction Score
I think the game's outcome hinges on how well our centers/forwards will play, and my biggest worry is that Boston will get Liv or Dorka in foul trouble. SC is a very good defensive team, hope UConn's outside shooting in on today. But if Liv goes to bench early due to fouls, can Dorka hold off Boston? Maybe. Will Piath see any time at center if needed? I hope Edwards rebounds from her last game and gets double-digit points.
I think UConn may want to try to double-team Boston when she gets the ball down low to stop her, maybe they'll call some over the back fouls on Boston if she is fighting for rebounds.
I'm nervous about this game and opponent- sure it is early season and everyone (SC too) is trying to work out line-ups and chemistry, but of course we all want UConn to win and go undefeated this year!
I'm hoping that Azzi continues shooting well and I hope Ducharme gets some significant points today too. Maybe UConn can get their fast break going as I don't think Boston would win any foot race soon.

Reaction Score
While the women’s basketball world is focused on today’s battle between No. 1 SC and No. 2 UConn, what is clear is that we are seeing perhaps the largest field of teams capable of making it to the Final Four. We are fortunate these top teams are not shying away from playing each other. Teams that lose in November and December and drop in the polls could well learn from those defeats. It’s a marathon and the last 385 yards the most important.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Yes 3 games. All 3. And someone better tell every store in the world that sells Pom Poms that they are spelling it wrong.
A pom-pom – also spelled pom-pon, pompom or pompon – is a decorative ball or tuft of fibrous material.

The term may refer to large tufts used by cheerleaders, or a small, tighter ball attached to the top of a hat, also known as a bobble or toorie.

Pom-poms may come in many colors, sizes, and varieties and are made from a wide array of materials, including wool, cotton, paper, plastic, thread, glitter and occasionally feathers. Pom-poms are shaken by cheerleaders, pom or dance teams, and sports fans during spectator sports.

Reaction Score
While the women’s basketball world is focused on today’s battle between No. 1 SC and No. 2 UConn, what is clear is that we are seeing perhaps the largest field of teams capable of making it to the Final Four. We are fortunate these top teams are not shying away from playing each other. Teams that lose in November and December and drop in the polls could well learn from those defeats. It’s a marathon and the last 385 yards the most important.
Yeah I would say the days of teams going undefeated are over. Too many good teams and much tougher schedules now.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yes 3 games. All 3. And someone better tell every store in the world that sells Pom Poms that they are spelling it wrong.
I spelled it that way until I met some cheerleaders who set me straight. Some stores that sell them call them Pom Poms.
Now, some posters have set me straight with how it is currently spelled.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cannot “like” this post, but do agree.
In her 4th year- it is time for LIV TO STEP UP.
I realize it is an early season game,
I realize it is a non conference game.
But this could be one of the most important games she has left at UCONN.
Time to step it up.
Like I said earlier our post play which was suppose to be an improvement was our detriment. Boston and company ate our lunch. Dorka has been a huge disappointment and Liv is Liv mediocre against quality competition. To think she was so highly rated coming out of high school. I think she rated 4 or 5 as a recruit and 1 or 2 at her position. The team was completely outplayed in the 4th quarter. They lacked hustle and gave up once they fell behind. Very disappointed in their play.

Reaction Score
Like I said earlier our post play which was suppose to be an improvement was our detriment. Boston and company ate our lunch. Dorka has been a huge disappointment and Liv is Liv mediocre against quality competition. To think she was so highly rated coming out of high school. I think she rated 4 or 5 as a recruit and 1 or 2 at her position. The team was completely outplayed in the 4th quarter. They lacked hustle and gave up once they fell behind. Very disappointed in their play.
SCar was able to sit their 1-9 in the 4th quarter on Sunday and play their 10-14. Scar's 1-9 had much fresher legs in the 4th quarter today than UConn's 1-9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom