SC Postgame Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

SC Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
I think you have a short memory, because ESPN did that to us in the past!
Nonsensical. How can a hypothetical result from a short memory? IF, THEN is logic, not fact reporting.

Reaction Score
Very true Donald, but I am most pissed off at the offensive fouls on the screen calls.

At least 3 were easily seen as pathetic in real time and yes, now I am 'only' a fan and don't get paid to be a ref but yet some of those calls were unbelievable! Complete BS calls!

It is as if, somebody has told the refs that if you don't call 'x' amount of of illegal screens, then you don't get paid or your evaluation will suffer as a result. Some were absurd. It was infuriating to watch.
Pissed off maybe you need anger management it’s only a game relax

Reaction Score
I know what I wanted would have been stupid as it could have lost the game but I really wanted Geno to send in Mir, a player with no fouls, to go get the 5th on Boston (or 6th??) She likes to mix it up underneath and would maybe get a couple on herself before completing her assignment but it would have happened. You just can't try to draw fouls when you have 4 yourself. Near the end I screamed when they posted the fouls on the screen, 3 players with 4 and 3 with 3 for UConn, and 3 players with 3 on SC. How in the world did UConn actually survive that?

I understand that they reviewed one of Bostons fouls and gave it to someone else but why? No ridiculous fouls calls against UConn got reviewed.

I hate this idea immensely. IMO you don't go change your style of play in hopes of fouling another player out. You run the risk of losing your own flow.

Keep running your offense. Force the other team to stop you.

In this case- keep getting the ball to Paige. And give Paige the best teammates that will help her execute. The other team is not important as PAIGE - and getting her the ball. Giving her good picks. Giving her good passes. Playing good defense so she could get out on breaks. Playing good defense so UCONN could continue to run the offense they want. Worry more about your own offense and the execution rather than an opposing player.

Reaction Score
Pissed off maybe you need anger management it’s only a game relax
dont take me so literally zanzman. I sleep well at night, but thanks for your advice.....

Reaction Score
while CW has not reached her full potential so far, if 16 points 4.4 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game is considered a bust then I hope Geno finds a few more of those........
I understand what youre saying.
3-11, 6 points, 4 turnovers, 3 rebounds last night just didn’t cut it for me.

Reaction Score
if I remember correctly she was referred to as a "bust" which I view to mean a failure which she certainly is not.......
Yes the #1 ranked recruit out of HS, showing limited development since freshman year and going away during big games sounds like a bust to me. The kid doesn’t make open shots, she gets a lot of bunnies thanks to paige

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Paige would not have had to show off her heroics in OT if Uconn had bothered to pressure the inbound with 2 secs left in the first half.

absolutely. really lackadaisical, but very easy to fix. THIS is something that is inexcusable, especially in such a hard-fought game. Hope they'll learn and never be so careless in the future.

Reaction Score
Yes the #1 ranked recruit out of HS, showing limited development since freshman year and going away during big games sounds like a bust to me. The kid doesn’t make open shots, she gets a lot of bunnies thanks to paige
How would you rate Evina Westbrook who was also a number one or one A recruit.........is she a bust too?

Reaction Score

The number 1 recruit should have nothing to do with it. That's gone. Why should anyone care what some others voted for her in H/S as if you are now evaluating her in the moment?

I understand if you don't think she's good. But being number 1 H/s means nothing. You're putting way too much emphasis on what others said of her as of right now VS when you can see her for yourself instead.

Do you think she is a good player is more important than what others voted her in H/S as. Think for yourself. Is she good or not? Why be so concerned with what others think? You have more confidence in your opinion right now, don't you?

Reaction Score
Because the game was so exciting - I wasn't mad with her- just so comical what she was doing. And I felt the bias blatant.

I mean if FS1 is going to use her again for something like this. Heck let's just bring back Johnny Most and cut the charade.

Bottomline is - just to watch games I can take listening to Johnny Most. - No problem.
Agreed. isnt it common nowadays to get a ex-player in hopes that it will generate more ratings. again i dont renve remember her name but i think she played college BB for somebody, probably SC. anyway, the funny thing is that i decided to listen to the commentary in this game because it was a big game.....

To be fair she made some good observations, probably because somebody gave her the stats to spill...for example, i didnt think we got as killed on the boards as the stats will tell you. She mentioned this during or at the end of the third.

SC killed us on a 3 possessions where they got, something like 8 offensive rebounds...now take those away and we are much closer in the rebound column. Also they only go those rebounds because we we played small ball but yet we challenged their shots, which meant they need 3 tries to get a bucket. I call that good defense.,,,,

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
How would you rate Evina Westbrook who was also a number one or one A recruit.........is she a bust too?
She was #2, Meg was #1. You have to add in the injury on E, she appears to be favoring her knee. IMO she is the only one that has appeared to be a Junior on the team.

Reaction Score
No I would say she’s coming back from an injury and is a great leader. I’m personally happy with her play in general, although again last night didn’t cut it.

Reaction Score
Not really. It's like speeding. Technically going over the speed limit by 1mph is illegal, but do people ever get pulled over for that, no. When calls like that are never made (in terms of the width of the legs), it normalizes it and creates the 'unwritten rule' so to speak. If they called every single violation that was "technically against the rules" - then these games would all be garbage. You can't do that. Refs should make calls where there is an impact to the game.
I agree 100%. It is a foul but the wrong call. I explained my position in other posts but at the end of the day, these calls were complete BS.

Reaction Score
more would be better but as Geno always says, if you're not scoring then do something else to help the team.........I think she did that.......
How would you say she did that? The turnovers or the 3 rebounds? Her defense was okay, but if you’re looking just for defense and limited scoring Mir can do that.
The number 1 recruit should have nothing to do with it. That's gone. Why should anyone care what some others voted for her in H/S as if you are now evaluating her in the moment?

I understand if you don't think she's good. But being number 1 H/s means nothing. You're putting way too much emphasis on what others said of her as of right now VS when you can see her for yourself instead.

Do you think she is a good player is more important than what others voted her in H/S as. Think for yourself. Is she good or not? Why be so concerned with what others think? You have more confidence in your opinion right now, don't you?
do I think she is a good player? I think I’ve made that clear that she has been a disappointment. A decent player sure. This is a discussion board, not sure the point in your post, I am just stating my opinion as said previously :)

****I genuinely respect everyone’s opinions and sometimes just got to agree to disagree! I am not apart of the UCONN staff and thank god for that. I think they have it under control without me LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agreed. isnt it common nowadays to get a ex-player in hopes that it will generate more ratings. again i dont renve remember her name but i think she played college BB for somebody, probably SC. anyway, the funny thing is that i decided to listen to the commentary in this game because it was a big game.....

To be fair she made some good observations, probably because somebody gave her the stats to spill...for example, i didnt think we got as killed on the boards as the stats will tell you. She mentioned this during or at the end of the third.

SC killed us on a 3 possessions where they got, something like 8 offensive rebounds...now take those away and we are much closer in the rebound column. Also they only go those rebounds because we we played small ball but yet we challenged their shots, which meant they need 3 tries to get a bucket. I call that good defense.,,,,

I was not impressed with her knowledge.

For example, I am always against changing your offense to go after a player = pick up a foul. She seemed okay with it. While others might support this-- I don't - one bit. You're in the game vs the number 1 team in the country, and your star player really hasn't been stopped. So you are going to change your offense in order to try to foul out an opposing player? Isn't it better to keep running your offense and try to let your number 1 player try to win the game? In of itself not a big deal one thing here or there from her. But the accumulation of things.

And as I mentioned with the quotes- she really thought SC was struggling on offense while UCONN wasn't? I thought she mentioned something about perimeter players getting benefits of tick-tack calls in some manner around the time she thought Nika getting slapped in the head was no big deal? And for example - whether she was bias or not-- it was so obvious for example to get the ball to Paige when SC made the run and she said nothing until AFTER?

Reaction Score
I just cant call her a bust yet heytherego.

But I cannot criticize your comments. She needs to show out in big games: 6 points, poor shooting and no impact in any other part of the game is disturbing for sure.

To be fair, she was good on defense...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was not impressed with her knowledge.

For example, I am always against changing your offense to go after a player = pick up a foul. She seemed okay with it. While others might support this-- I don't - one bit. You're in the game vs the number 1 team in the country, and your star player really hasn't been stopped. So you are going to change your offense in order to try to foul out an opposing player? Isn't it better to keep running your offense and try to let your number 1 player try to win the game? In of itself not a big deal one thing here or there from her. But the accumulation of things.

And as I mentioned with the quotes- she really thought SC was struggling on offense while UCONN wasn't? I thought she mentioned something about perimeter players getting benefits of tick-tack calls in some manner around the time she thought Nika getting slapped in the head was no big deal? And for example - whether she was bias or not-- it was so obvious for example to get the ball to Paige when SC made the run and she said nothing until AFTER?
I agree Hoop but there were more than a few times she made some good points but her bias got in her way throughout...

Reaction Score
Well you do seem to an awful to get off your chest
hmmm....ok zanz,,,just saying how I felt at the time...again thanks for your kind recommendations on my health.

Do you really think you know me well enough to suggest anger management after a post? Really?

I just want you and everybody here to know that I promise that I am all good but if you, Zanz are really worried, maybe you can offer me some counselling since you seem to be an expert on anger management, based on a freakin post....gee wizzz

Get real and get a life mate.

Reaction Score
How would you say she did that? The turnovers or the 3 rebounds? Her defense was okay, but if you’re looking just for defense and limited scoring Mir can do that.

do I think she is a good player? I think I’ve made that clear that she has been a disappointment. A decent player sure. This is a discussion board, not sure the point in your post, I am just stating my opinion as said previously :)

****I genuinely respect everyone’s opinions and sometimes just got to agree to disagree! I am not apart of the UCONN staff and thank god for that. I think they have it under control without me LOL

well let's see how she plays for the rest of her career at UConn...........I've been following her since she was a junior in high school and I'm still confident she's going to play an important part in the team's success........

Reaction Score
well let's see how she plays for the rest of her career at UConn...........I've been following her since she was a junior in high school and I'm still confident she's going to play an important part in the team's success........
I think at this point in time CW is not a prime time AA caliber player, but she's better than your average college player. Maybe it's in her head, maybe is just her BBall IQ but without some sustained improvement I see her falling farther and farther down the depth chart. Can't currently count on her in crunch time against quality athletic competition.

Reaction Score
Great win. However this kind of play from our 3 upperclassmen isn’t going to cut it. I’m tired of the excuses they need to step up. I was happy to see CW didn’t start overtime, she is turning out to be a bust, has a solid game once a year.
Our future does indeed look bright, that is something to be ecstatic about
I wouldn’t say bust, I’d say more of a complimentary player than a star or “legendary,” as she hoped to be. Maybe her and her classmate were not accurately ranked out of high school. The whole class rankings is a mess when Rhyne Howard is ranked 32nd and she’s clearly one of the two best players in all of wcbb.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom