SBT: Overlooked? No. 3 Irish believe so | The Boneyard

SBT: Overlooked? No. 3 Irish believe so

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
At least one Irish player thinks so. I know players and teams are always looking for chips to place on their shoulders but I don't know how being ranked preseason #3 and picked to win the ACC (again) equates to being overlooked. Seems a bit of a stretch.

“I don’t think we’ve been taken seriously ever. It’s just another year that we have to prove to everyone that we have a great team.” – Notre Dame’s Michaela Mabrey, a 5-10 junior guard and one of three tri-captains (along with senior guard Whitney Holloway and senior forward Markisha Wright).

The more interesting quote is MM saying ND will be post-oriented which is not too surprising given the loss of McBride and the addition of Turner: “I think this is the first time in a long time we are going to be a post-oriented team,” McGraw noted. “We’ve really got some great post players and depth, more than we’ve ever had.”

http://www.southbendtribune.com/

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Not taken seriously EVER??? Really??? Another Domer Delusion....

Reaction Score
I might take them seriously if they did not fall down on the court all the time. If you rewatch last years final the Notre Dame players would just fall down on the court and were not hit or anything. If I am not mistake Mabrey is the one who fell on his butt... and just sat there looking for a foul and there was noone around here...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
“I don’t think we’ve been taken seriously ever. It’s just another year that we have to prove to everyone that we have a great team.” – Notre Dame’s Michaela Mabrey, a 5-10 junior guard and one of three tri-captains (along with senior guard Whitney Holloway and senior forward Markisha Wright).

http://www.southbendtribune.com/

“It’s a new year, a new team with some new players,” junior tri-captain Michaela Mabrey said. “We’re not thinking about what happened last year – it was a great accomplishment to get there.”

Clearly, however, the loss still stings and despite what the Irish accomplished last year, Mabrey feels the they still aren’t getting the respect she feels is due them.

Clearly they are thinking about what happened last year...and all the years previously including the one where they did win the title. It may be a player making this statement, but from what I can recall having heard from past pressers over the years, this sounds as though it came straight from the horses mouth.

I say to them, respect is earned, and not an entitlement. You don't go to your trophy case and idolize the respect that sits next to that trophy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well I will give them they were undervalued at the beginning of last year a bit. But #3 is a pretty good ranking. (I'd personally put them at #2, but what's 1 place?)

Reaction Score
I might take them seriously if they did not fall down on the court all the time. If you rewatch last years final the Notre Dame players would just fall down on the court and were not hit or anything. If I am not mistake Mabrey is the one who fell on his butt... and just sat there looking for a foul and there was noone around here...
Three flops by Mabrey, all of them comical.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Who's #2? SC? That will change once UCONN beats them. ND will likely be undefeated and will move up.

Well if ND is still undefeated at the time that uconn beats South Carolina, then they will be #1... Since ND and uconn play two months before yall play South Carolina ;)

HGN

Reaction Score
They are Ranked #3 !! Do they honestly think they should be ranked #1 ? UConn is the ONLY Div.1 BB team in the country to have a chance at a 3-peat ; had a great recruiting year ; brought back the MOP of the FF ; and brought back 3 starters from a NC team. So rightfully so UConn is Ranked #1.

Being post oriented is expected with Turner and Reimer in there, and it is a legitimate argument. But Stewie , Stokes and Lewis will take them to court and win.

Lets Go Huskies!!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Muffet McGraw on Dishin & Swishin this week, 3 pm ET today (a day early).

She says they are over-ranked.

It's not that I don't believe you, Dish....it's just that I would not believe her. seriously... her modus operandi is quite the opposite, has been for years...

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I think they are no. 2, as do several of us....but we'll see. That's why you play the games.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What to say? What to say? Such a target rich environment! But if I do it, I get a whippin'. :p

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
DishNSwish said:
You'll have to listen; I called her on it, don't worry.

Thanks for that! I felt like this before with ND. Each of the last 2 seasons that have performed well with significant losses to the team. ND has a great staff and will likely be back in the FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom