• Team Adams

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Team Sherman

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This game was over at halftime. 8 penalties for 95 yards, 6 for 1st downs was most in super bowl history, and that was by halftime. Lol, you can’t make this stuff up and they definitely changed the outcome (interception by Chiefs resulted in first down for TB on a bs call and the 2 flags on the final drive of 1st half were laughable) It’s also amazing how Tom’s defense plays lights out, last two super bowl wins for him the opposing team has scored a total of 12 points. TB defense was incredible in the playoffs.
Tom had a near perfect passer rating last night, the middle was wide open all night for him. It wasn’t just the defense and it wasn’t the officiating. They were winning this game.

Reaction Score
I know who LT is...who is AD? Seems like if we don't know who you are referring to, He can't be better than LT
Aaron Donald, he's an amazing player. No clue why he called him AD because I've never heard him called that, it certainly isn't a moniker for him.

Reaction Score
Last 5 Super Bowls Brady was in

Brady's teams- 17 penalties for 123 yards
Opponents- 42 penalties for 355 yards

Haha, wow. Did you look that up or was that posted somewhere? If so, please send to me

Reaction Score
This is how I know you don’t watch football. Look up Aaron Donald. He’s better than LT and likely the best football player ever.
Aaron Donald is a poor man's Reggie White. To mention him in the same breath with arguably the greatest defensive force the game has ever seen in LT, is ludicrous.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I looked it up because I remembered several Super Bowls being one-sided officiating...

7-70 Seahawks
5-36 Patriots

9-65 Falcons
4-23 Patriots

6-35 Eagles
1-5 Patriots

9-65 Rams
3-20 Patriots

11-120 Chiefs
4-39 Buccaneers
Are penalties a good barometer though? I’m a little bit on board with the officials favor Brady. My father is friends with one. Big time Brady fan, even has signed memorabilia in his office, and politically aligned with Brady. But you could also say that Brady knows when a defender is out of position and will hold or interfere. Generally teams that are getting beat commit more penalties. The league is HARD on these officials making sure there’s as little subjectivity as possible, bad officials lose good assignments, get pulled off crews.

Reaction Score
Are penalties a good barometer though? I’m a little bit on board with the officials favor Brady. My father is friends with one. Big time Brady fan, even has signed memorabilia in his office, and politically aligned with Brady. But you could also say that Brady knows when a defender is out of position and will hold or interfere. Generally teams that are getting beat commit more penalties. The league is HARD on these officials making sure there’s as little subjectivity as possible, bad officials lose good assignments, get pulled off crews.
Eye test for me and the numbers match the one-sided nature of what I remember from some games. I already spent as much as I want to spend looking into it so not going to go through play by play. Those numbers are screwy though.

Reaction Score
I looked it up because I remembered several Super Bowls being one-sided officiating...

7-70 Seahawks
5-36 Patriots

9-65 Falcons
4-23 Patriots

6-35 Eagles
1-5 Patriots

9-65 Rams
3-20 Patriots

11-120 Chiefs
4-39 Buccaneers
Literally every team on your list had more penalties in the regular season than NE/TB. If you're going to throw out stats like that, at least give some context with it. The Seahawks even lead the league in penalties in 2014.

Is it really so far fetched to think that the team who had more penalties called than the other team in the regular season, would have more penalties called against them in the Super Bowl?

Reaction Score
Blaming the refs is so unbelievably lame. Kansas City was incredibly sloppy last night. They deserved the flags they got.

If we're really going to bring the Patriots into it, Belichick is notorious for hammering into his players' heads to avoid self-inflicted punishment. Well-coached teams don't commit a ton of penalties.

Reaction Score
Chiefs looked unprepared and undisciplined. Reid had 2 weeks to make a adjustments with his oline in the Super Bowl such as handing the ball off more to CEH who had 7 yard per carry. Usually you have to have prove it to me players in order to win the Super Bowl. Mecole Hardman had to be that guy he couldn't do it, knowing Tyreek Hill would be blanketed all game long. Even Hill and Kelce dropped key passes, Hill dropping a TD, Kelce dropping that 3rd and 8. Punter shanking 2 punts (maybe he didnt expect to play). The offsides on the FG resulting in a TD. The mismanagement with TO by the Chiefs, TB looked like they were content at going into the half up 14-6, Chiefs helped out the Bucs in getting a TD before the half.

Chiefs played undisciplined going into this game and relied on hero ball, while TB was peaking and playing smarter football. Hero ball teams have an aura of invincibility and when they get into a close game dont know how to respond like the 2001 Rams and 2007 Pats, even those teams put themselves in position to win the game at the end. Chiefs just didnt know what the hell hit them when they got punched in the mouth.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
All you olds coming to tell me that Aaron Donald shouldn't be mentioned with LT is comedy. If we are going to play the stats game that others are willing to play there is no way that Aaron Donald isn't in the conversation at minimum.

Reaction Score
All you olds coming to tell me that Aaron Donald shouldn't be mentioned with LT is comedy. If we are going to play the stats game that others are willing to play there is no way that Aaron Donald isn't in the conversation at minimum.
Did your hero Aaron Donald change how football is played on offense?
Did you know that Redskins coach Joe Gibbs invented the H-Back position so the TE could lineup at the line of scrimmage, just to help the RB block LT?
You do realize that because of Taylor the left-tackle position became hugely important and raised the profile of O linemen, and the pay structure for players in general not just QB/WR/RB's?
Here's another olds you probably never heard of, John Madden, and what he had to say about LT:
John Madden said. "He changed the way defense is played, the way pass-rushing is played, the way linebackers play and the way offenses block linebackers."
You're apparently kind of young so we excuse you comparing Aaron Donald to LT as youthful exuberance, but give it up.
When its all said and done Aaron Donald is at best, Michael Strachan, which ain't too bad. But still nowhere near the NFL defensive GOAT.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did your hero Aaron Donald change how the GAME of football is played on offense?
Did you know that Redskins coach Joe Gibbs invented the H-Back position, so the TE could lineup on at the line of scrimmage to help the RB block LT?
You do realize that because of Taylor the left-tackle position became hugely important and raised the profile of O linemen, and the pay structure for players in general not just QB/WR/RB's?
Here's another olds you probably never heard of, John Madden, and what he had to say about LT:
John Madden said. "He changed the way defense is played, the way pass-rushing is played, the way linebackers play and the way offenses block linebackers."
You're apparently kind of young so we excuse you comparing Aaron Donald to LT as youthful exuberance, but give it up.
When its all said and done Aaron Donald is at best, Michael Strachan, which ain't too bad. But still nowhere near the NFL defensive GOAT.
I don’t get this obsession with changed the game. The game innovates with time regardless of who is playing. Basketball wouldn’t be what it is today without Mike D’Antoni; is anyone putting him on any coaching Rushmore?

Reaction Score
I don’t get this obsession with changed the game. The game innovates with time regardless of who is playing. Basketball wouldn’t be what it is today without Mike D’Antoni; is anyone putting him on any coaching Rushmore?
It's not unusual for a great coach like a Bill Walsh on offense or Buddy Ryan on defense to innovate and change the game. It's rare a player does that and you can count on one hand how many times it happened. That's why its an obsession because the player has to be an all-time great to do it. Examples in basketball would be Kareem Abdul-Jabbar or Wilt or the best shooter of all-time, just my opinion, Steph Curry. Aaron Donald is nowhere near that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I think the better comparison is Aaron Donald to Reggie White and that's been the one that gets made most often. Both dominant ends, stronger than anyone else and just mandhandling whoever was in front of them on a given play.

LT was an offense breaker. You couldn't game plan or scheme against him. You couldn't just run plays the other way. Granted, he was high on cocaine a lot of it.....so there's that. But I've never seen anyone disrupt an entire offense like he did.

Reaction Score
It's not unusual for a great coach like a Bill Walsh on offense or Buddy Ryan on defense to innovate and change the game. It's rare a player does that and you can count on one hand how many times it happened. That's why its an obsession because the player has to be an all-time great to do it. Examples in basketball would be Kareem Abdul-Jabbar or Wilt or the best shooter of all-time, just my opinion, Steph Curry. Aaron Donald is nowhere near that.
I was considering the Curry analogy, so let’s go with that. Keep in mind, I’m not really talking about LT/Donald.

I was initially going to ask you what, if anything, could make someone the best shooter of all time over steph. Being better at shooting the ball isn’t enough? They have to change how the game is played? How little does a future QB have to do to to surpass Brady if they change the way yh position is played? Russell Wilson did more to revolutionize the position than Brady can hope to in his sleep; how much ground behind Brady does that make up for him in a theoretical GOAT discussion that Brady would still win?

Reaction Score
I was considering the Curry analogy, so let’s go with that. Keep in mind, I’m not really talking about LT/Donald.

I was initially going to ask you what, if anything, could make someone the best shooter of all time over steph. Being better at shooting the ball isn’t enough? They have to change how the game is played? How little does a future QB have to do to to surpass Brady if they change the way yh position is played? Russell Wilson did more to revolutionize the position than Brady can hope to in his sleep; how much ground behind Brady does that make up for him in a theoretical GOAT discussion that Brady would still win?
Steph changed how the game is played because for the first time in my memory, you had a player that had to be picked up at the logo to defend against the 3 ball. Nobody had the consistency and range to stretch defenses like that on every possession.
And because i mentioned game-changing coaches before, here’s another one: Paul Westhead. He was the old school version of Mike D’antonio with that style of free flowing, 3-point shooting, fast paced basketball which was always there, but because Steph dominated and won with it in a copycat league everyone now wants to play the same way. They all want to find the “next Steph Curry”.
So to try and answer your question, it’s whether you can dominate or win that determines if u truly change the game, since everyone will want to play like that. Hope that helps.

Also, why do you think Russell Wilson revolutionized the QB position? What does he do better than anyone before him?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the better comparison is Aaron Donald to Reggie White and that's been the one that gets made most often. Both dominant ends, stronger than anyone else and just mandhandling whoever was in front of them on a given play.

LT was an offense breaker. You couldn't game plan or scheme against him. You couldn't just run plays the other way. Granted, he was high on cocaine a lot of it.....so there's that. But I've never seen anyone disrupt an entire offense like he did.
LT was drunk and on crack the whole time. Everyone said he never really trained hard or lifted weights, there's a video of him at some competition and they are doing a push press. He grabs the bar with 290 lbs. on it, holds it under his chin and presses it straight overhead. Had no form at all and just uses his arms to push 290. Never even played football until junior year of high school, Brad Daugherty said he could've played in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Steph changed how the game is played because for the first time in my memory, you had a player that had to be picked up at the logo to defend against the 3 ball. Nobody had the consistency and range to stretch defenses like that on every possession.
And because i mentioned game-changing coaches before, here’s another one: Paul Westhead. He was the old school version of Mike D’antonio with that style of free flowing, 3-point shooting, fast paced basketball which was always there, but because Steph dominated and won with it in a copycat league everyone now wants to play the same way. They all want to find the “next Steph Curry”.
So to try and answer your question, it’s whether you can dominate or win that determines if u truly change the game, since everyone will want to play like that. Hope that helps.

Also, why do you think Russell Wilson revolutionized the QB position? What does he do better than anyone before him?
Didn’t help much sorry, but thanks

Russell Wilson broke the mold of the traditional 6’4 pocket passer. Not sure we had many baseball-playing quarterbacks before him either. Neither Baker nor Kyler Murray go #1 without Russell being successful.

Reaction Score
Didn’t help much sorry, but thanks

Russell Wilson broke the mold of the traditional 6'4 pocket passer. Not sure we had many baseball-playing quarterbacks before him either. Neither Baker nor Kyler Murray go #1 without Russell being successful.
"Will Doug Flutie (5'10), Fran Tarkenton(5'11), Drew Brees(6'0), and Michael Vick(6'0)....please pick up on the white courtesy phone".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom