Saylor article - critics take note | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Saylor article - critics take note

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Thanks for the response. Why not surgery if she has been in pain that long?
If you have back pain or trouble you wouldn't be asking this question. I've had trouble for years and 6 weeks ago underwent my first back surgery. Like most others I have received some relief but am far from healed. So it goes with the back and at Saylor's age unless there is a definite indication surgery is the answer most Drs. would avoid it. As evidenced by the fact she has not undergone surgery or seems headed in that direction. Things may change, I hope for the better for her.

Reaction Score
I was referring to the position Dorka plays - ie. even tho she has range, at 6'5", she really is a 5. Don't think there's a time when Saylor would need to play the 5 unless Liv, Dorka and Liya fouled out. But... I wasn't listing depth chart, but rather position players who I think would/could be ahead of Saylor...

Phew - I hope that explanation absolves me from your wrath! ;)
Most talent evaluators I’ve read think she is a four, not a five. My Grapes never turn wrathful.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Stress fractures somewhere in the body seem to be reasonably common for new players arriving at UConn. As I recall, that was Nicole Wolff's injury when she was a freshman, although I believe that fracture was in her foot. If I'm not mistaken, Courtney Ekmark also had some sort of stress fracture that caused her to miss games at the beginning of her freshman year.

It makes sense to attribute this to the sudden expectation to achieve a higher level of fitness, and to work harder physically, than the player has ever been expected to do in high school. All of the players mentioned (Saylor, Nicole, Courtney) were very conscientious workers and internalized this expectation, perhaps too much. They overdid the fitness stuff and injured themselves. Most likely, the injury will heal (as it eventually did for Nicole and Courtney) and we will find something else to put under a microscope.

But this does explain why the injury started in February (her first active month in Storrs), especially since she did not have the benefit of a summer or fall conditioning program to get into UConn shape before she was expected to play.

Reaction Score
Those of you that wrote off Saylor because of what you saw this past season, please read this.

Is it me? Or is the list of walking wounded getting longer and longer?

Saylor, Paige, Azzi, Piath....who else?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom