Say something nice about Bob Diaco | The Boneyard

Say something nice about Bob Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
His lb defensive unit at VA was part of Donald Browns signature game.

They were participation partners with our online and Donald's straight arm

Reaction Score
Bob Diaco was brought in as a refreshing antidote to what was then perceived as the biggest crisis facing Uconn football (i.e., Uconn Sports), which was an overwhelming and debilitating apathy brought on by PP and GDL. I mean the players hated him, the parents hated him, he hated the players, he hated the parents, the fans hated him, I don't even know if he cared what the fans thought, but the whole darn thing was like a huge, huge, enormous depression. So we needed LSD, we needed it bad. We needed psychedelic music. Everyone needed to drop some acid. So they found this guy named Bob Diaco. Party time! It was crazy. But it felt great. Then the next morning came. Has anyone had those mornings? I have. But the night before? That was so cool! That's my good memory of Bob Diaco!!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I hope Bob Diaco has a great career and life SOMEWHERE ELSE. Is that nice enough?
Yeah, like the CFL- that way he can't be on TV here in the US or play us at another college.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I will say that through it all Diaco did really clean up the program from the dumpster fire that PP and GDL started and walked away from. The lack of solid recruiting/developing the athletes and poor coaching on gameday is why he's gone. Let's be honest here- if Diaco was able to pull off a 7-5/8-4 kinda season this year and a trip to a bowl (win or lose), we'd be happy for 2017, and his renewed contract extension. All that dispite his rediculousness in the media room and red pants. I will miss his blue blazer and plad tie combo during the Husky Walks though. Hopefully Edsall will agree to do that still next year... They were a really cool addition for us fans.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I will miss his blue blazer and plad tie combo during the Husky Walks though. Hopefully Edsall will agree to do that still next year... They were a really cool addition for us fans.

Speaking of traditions that may be going away...I am guessing that the Ladies Football 101 night has seen its last days. Could you imagine Edsall with hundreds of ladies teaching them the fundamentals of the game of football????:D

Reaction Score
He dressed well, he was fun to listen to at times, he cared about the program and UConn athletics, he was an eternal optimist, and I had a good time watching a lot of games he coached in. Unfortunately that does not make him a good enough coach to retain. Wish him the best, hopefully soon just in case we can cut his future salary off the buyout payments

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He dressed well, he was fun to listen to at times, he cared about the program and UConn athletics, he was an eternal optimist, and I had a good time watching a lot of games he coached in. Unfortunately that does not make him a good enough coach to retain. Wish him the best, hopefully soon just in case we can cut his future salary off the buyout payments
Which games specifically? I didn't attend a game this season for the first time in 15 years because of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom