Saturday feels like a last stand of sorts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saturday feels like a last stand of sorts

Reaction Score
If the defense from last night shows up, not so good. Cincy has way to many guys that can put the ball in the hoop.

Reaction Score
Cincy will never make a final four with Cronin and his little man complex and attitude.
The tallent is there the Coach is not. he is and always be one of those guys who always falls short regardless of tallent on the team.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Cincy will never make a final four with Cronin and his little man complex and attitude.
The tallent is there the Coach is not. he is and always be one of those guys who always falls short regardless of tallent on the team.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/eb//38ebafa1ae556cd492202ad880242466.gif

Reaction Score
People said the same thing about Calhoun for 9 years, after he made it to the elite eight in 90. Calhoun was 57 and in his 27th year of coaching before he finally made it. Cronin isn't even 47 yet and only in his 15th year of coaching. Cronin's career resembles Calhoun's more than Ollie's does.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
People said the same thing about Calhoun for 9 years, after he made it to the elite eight in 90. Calhoun was 57 and in his 27th year of coaching before he finally made it. Cronin isn't even 47 yet and only in his 15th year of coaching. Cronin's career resembles Calhoun's more than Ollie's does.

One of them is a National Championship coach. The other has never even made the elite 8.

Those are the facts.

Everything else you are saying is supposition based on things that may or may not happen.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Wait, you of all people have never set foot in Gampel? I'm going to have to put you on ignore.
More of a dirt floor than tile ceiling kind of guy. And I always kind of figured the games were sold out when I finally moved back to Connecticut.

But don't scare me off, or I might just end up scoring a rotisserie chicken and going home after my Costco eye exam on Saturday morning. I've already seen a $19 ticket on Seat Geek, and I can listen to "Al Franken, Giant of the Senate" on my way to and from the game. A nudge or two and it could happen.

Reaction Score
Sounds like we'll be walking into a buzzsaw Saturday. I just hope we can keep it close.
Absolutely not. In fact, if Cincy does not win by at least 15, I would be worried as a Bearcats fan.

In fact, I know I give cincy fans a lot of crap, but I respect the team in the end. I actually hope they can at least get to the elite 8 this year and I will be pulling for you, but only in march. especially if you play uk, duke, unc or MSU, BEAT THEM dang it!

I predict something ugly like 72-44.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
More of a dirt floor than tile ceiling kind of guy. And I always kind of figured the games were sold out when I finally moved back to Connecticut.

But don't scare me off, or I might just end up scoring a rotisserie chicken and going home after my Costco eye exam on Saturday morning. I've already seen a $19 ticket on Seat Geek, and I can listen to "Al Franken, Giant of the Senate" on my way to and from the game. A nudge or two and it could happen.
You owe it to yourself to go, but make sure it is an individual seat and not a bleacher.

August_West

Reaction Score
The original post deserves the praise and is only marred by the third instance this week of someone writing "us" instead of "we." I think. I don't know anymore.

Your post is excellent in its own way, and not just because I agree with it.

I've mentioned before that my dad introduced me to UConn basketball 55 years ago. My father for many years shared meals with Harry Gampel as members of a quasi-club, The Toppers, that met monthly, primarily at Scolers restaurant. I think their common bond was childhood in Hartford's North End.

I have never been to Gampel Pavillion. Maybe Saturday is the day to go. I'm so out of it that I don't know whether I could get a ticket or whether it's laughable to wonder this anymore.

Nonetheless, I can envision either the thrill of an upset or a 91-47 beat down with enough excitement to at least float the idea of driving up to what long ago I thought was the Yukon.

Do I dare meet a Boneyarder?

J. Alfred Prufrock goes to Storrs?
You should Go!

Meet me at the bears stand for some pulled pork Mac and cheese

Reaction Score
One of them is a National Championship coach. The other has never even made the elite 8.

Those are the facts.

Everything else you are saying is supposition based on things that may or may not happen.
Everything I said was a fact based on hard data with the exception of "resembles" which can be subjective. That is how I see it though. Calhoun didn't win a championship in his second year with the previous coach's players either.

Reaction Score
We tend to score 50s, low 60s. So the trend is we lose by 15-20 points. But I hope we win. I'll be rooting for the Huskies.

BTW, I saw my first UConn basketball game in the field house 56 years ago.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You should Go!

Meet me at the bears stand for some pulled pork Mac and cheese
Partial to the burnt ends, though perhaps they don't travel to Storrs.

I'm sensing some traction, and the only thing currently fixed in my calendar is UConn-Cincinnati ESPN.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We tend to score 50s, low 60s. So the trend is we lose by 15-20 points. But I hope we win. I'll be rooting for the Huskies.

BTW, I saw my first UConn basketball game in the field house 56 years ago.

Didn't know you were so young Pal.

Reaction Score
I'll consider it a victory if we can crack 45 points and keep it within 15. I'm thinking a 62-43 kind of loss.

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm not fooled by all these blow out predictions you mojo summoning commies.

Gary Clark is going to Have 27 points and 26 rebounds.

Cumberland will be 5-7 from 3.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What sections for this?
Don't know numbers anymore, but lower bowl generally seats except student section. Upper level on bench side is bleachers and leg room/comfort is terrible for the older crowd.

Reaction Score

Not for nothing but what does Ollie have to do with what I said.

MUST everything said have to have Ollie dragged into it.. We are talking about another team and another coach... OK?? or was that just not in your agenda???

Comparing JC and Cronin? Really you would insult JC by putting Cronin in the stratosphere as him?

Get a grip.... Sir you have lost your mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom