Saturday 9/3 Game Discussion | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Saturday 9/3 Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I don't know about rooting for but it's hard not to admire. This kind of kills the P5 narrative that UH won their bowl game because FSU had a let down or didn't show.

Reaction Score
Football wins and losses are the most important thing, even still. We are not going to win at Houston. The Big 12 commissioner is in the freaking building there and they're pounding the best team in his conference and further opening the door for a UC-UH two-team bid. This stupid root for the conference because it makes us look better by association mentality is the same thing that got WVU, UL, Pitt, Syracuse, and freaking Rutgers out the door instead of us.

IT IS NOT GOOD FOR US.

Reaction Score
I don't know about rooting for but it's hard not to admire. This kind of kills the P5 narrative that UH won their bowl game because FSU had a let down or didn't show.
Clearly, after UConn beat them, they had to raise their level of play. That is the reason they are a monster now :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Football wins and losses are the most important thing, even still. We are not going to win at Houston. The Big 12 commissioner is in the freaking building there and they're pounding the best team in his conference and further opening the door for a UC-UH two-team bid. This stupid root for the conference because it makes us look better by association mentality is the same thing that got WVU, UL, Pitt, Syracuse, and freaking Rutgers out the door instead of us.

IT IS NOT GOOD FOR US.

Why????? UConn never was going to "out football" Houston for a Big12 selection. UConn's strength are overall athletic program and budget, academics, and dominance in their market...we cannot win a "who has the best football program" argument against UH regardless of this game. Besides, I would rather UConn face a top 5 ranked UH team as opposed to an equally dangerous UH team which got beat by OU. That is an opportunity for UConn football in a game no one expects UConn to be competitive in.

I still think a 2 team solution with UH being one of the teams will not sell to the non-Texas programs. UH as part of a 4 team add can probably sell. The Big12 taking 4 teams is good for UConn.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
yeah this could make them feel better about a four-team add... on the other hand I can see a lot of b12 schools deciding they want no part of Houston as a conference foe.

Reaction Score
We don't have to out football them, you're right that's not our advantage - but why root for UH to increase their lead over us in that department and get a huge marquee win over the B12's best team? No one will care if UConn beats UH, look at last year, but they will absolutely care that UH pummelled OU. This only feeds the perception that UConn's weak football program can't be taken over a quality football program like UH. Beating OU like this vilifies the narrative UH proponents can feed, and eases the rest of the league into the notion of adding UH and UC, leaving BYU on the sidelines because of distance, Sunday play, and their baggage. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by UConn from UH performing well and everything in the world to lose. You all have your head squarely in the sand if you think a two-team UC/UH combination isn't a real possibility.

Reaction Score
We don't have to out football them, you're right that's not our advantage - but why root for UH to increase their lead over us in that department and get a huge marquee win over the B12's best team? No one will care if UConn beats UH, look at last year, but they will absolutely care that UH pummelled OU. This only feeds the perception that UConn's weak football program can't be taken over a quality football program like UH. Beating OU like this vilifies the narrative UH proponents can feed, and eases the rest of the league into the notion of adding UH and UC, leaving BYU on the sidelines because of distance, Sunday play, and their baggage. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by UConn from UH performing well and everything in the world to lose. You all have your head squarely in the sand if you think a two-team UC/UH combination isn't a real possibility.
Houston prepared for this game WAY better than OU.

Reaction Score
I still can't believe Navy grabbed a QB from the stands and he threw a better forward pass than any pass I can remember from our game Thursday. Clearly this offense thing isn't as impossible as we make it out to be.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Mississippi State hits upright on fga to lose to South Alabama.

Reaction Score
Houston's only bump the rest of the way is a home game against Louisville.

Reaction Score

Cincy on the road I guess, its good for UH its not later on in the season.

Reaction Score
Replay of the UConn vs Maine on SNY right now (3:00 to 6:00). Maybe it will look better second time around. Don't have to freak out over possible loss.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
South Alabama just beat Mississippi State

Drew

Reaction Score
Wisconsin might have less offensive creativity than UConn does. 4th and 1 LSU 25 and you run 41 dive?

UCLA 3 TAMU 0 early on CBS

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I don't know if Houston is good enough to win out. Just being the better team every game isn't good enough to go undefeated. They have to be a LOT better than everyone they play, or get lucky.

Reaction Score
Richmond just had about a 95 yd TD drive - up 13-0 at Virginia early 2nd qtr

Last edited:

Drew

Reaction Score
Wisconsin looking better than LSU in the early going

Reaction Score
Richmond just had about a 99 yd TD drive - up 13-0 at Virginia early 2nd qtr

Richmond is a good football team period. They were last year and look like it so far this year. While we under performed, I think Maine will beat expectations. Other CAA teams are doing pretty well this weekend. Fans of the CAA could be in for a good year.

Drew

Reaction Score
Richmond is a good football team period. They were last year and look like it so far this year. While we under performed, I think Maine will beat expectations. Other CAA teams are doing pretty well this weekend. Fans of the CAA could be in for a good year.

Friend of mine from highschool played at Richmond. Their weight program is no joke

Wisconsin threatening in LSU red zone. 0-0 end first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020